ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] COD:MW2 Official thread - Contains spoilers

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
the 50,75,100 ms search ill b****cks if you ask me, ive never seen it search for anythign higher than 50ms on my console yet some games are so laggy you cant even move lol. the lag isnt really apparent most of the time till you watch killcams!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Lag isn't just ping related though.

You can have great ping rating on dial up.

the 50,75,100 ms search ill b****cks if you ask me, ive never seen it search for anythign higher than 50ms on my console yet some games are so laggy you cant even move lol. the lag isnt really apparent most of the time till you watch killcams!

The lower the MS Ping the better.

Wow. That was fantastic in every way. I loved the end too, Seb. Very cinematic. I saw the last 20 minutes of play as one big ending, and much prefer that to a clearly defined final boss fight.

There's no point trying to think of any superlatives. Proper big budget production values and sensational gunplay. A proper shooter's shooter. Infinity ward are on top of their game in a big f**king way. Better than Crysis? Nah not graphically or tactically, as MW2 is mostly an on-rails interactive movie (hate that cliche) that spoon feeds you the action, but it's still the second best shooter I've ever played, leaving everything else behind by quite a distance.

I should also add the graphics improved dramatically from the early levels. Playing this maxed up on TheBeast3.5 was jaw dropping at times.

BOOM! Headshot!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
fairplay, i just found the whole single plaeyer quite souless compared to mw1 imo. the end to mw2 was just so similiar to mw1 for me.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Yeah i still prefered MW1 single player but then it was something new at the time so was bound to feel like that.

Still think the opening level on the ship is one of the greatest gaming intros ever when you have to escape it! All ghillied up is also still my favourite ever FPS mission.

But 2 had some really cool touches, like the snow level and the Gulag.

fairplay, i just found the whole single plaeyer quite souless compared to mw1 imo. the end to mw2 was just so similiar to mw1 for me.

Yeah I can see what you're saying. It was very much a playable movie really IMO. I guess it helps playing 10" away from a 26" panel with the graphics maxed, and a pair of Grado cans cranked up :cool:

EDIT: I can dance all day I can dance all day etc. etc.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i think it is because it isn't as ''mind blown'' that i got with mw1. the level where you walk about after the massive bomb and then die blew me away! what a level!!!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
How desperate were you to pull that damn knife out.

Me and my mate were screaming as I was hammering the buttons.

Mondeo STTDCI
I find it's getting ridiculously hard lately. Everyone knows the maps intricately and are smashing the weapons. I start a level make my way to a decent location, stick my head out and boom headshot someone a million miles away destroys me. The shotguns piss me off no end also. I used to find it fun, now it's pissing me off. I think it could be better if the maps were somehow changed intelligently with some degree of randomness. I dunno. Perhaps I'm just s**t.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I find it's getting ridiculously hard lately. Everyone knows the maps intricately and are smashing the weapons. I start a level make my way to a decent location, stick my head out and boom headshot someone a million miles away destroys me. The shotguns piss me off no end also. I used to find it fun, now it's pissing me off. I think it could be better if the maps were somehow changed intelligently with some degree of randomness. I dunno. Perhaps I'm just s**t.

Just be selective on what lobbys you enter. If everyone is ranked a lot higher than you, just leave and find another game.

I have been shotgunning with Marathon and also the UMP45 as you can still run pretty quick too! Marathon and heavy weapons = waste!

Although I alternate with the sleight on hand pro too when using UMP as aim and re-load speeds are awesome!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love the mp45 going to use it as soon as I finish the next few acr kills. Got 8 to get for another 10,000 points.

Only use the ump45 on small maps I feel.

Not long prestiged so the ACR is still locked for me, used to use it a lot before though! Currently using UMP on small maps and Scar on big maps with a mixture of perks depending what mode I am playing... currently addicted to groundwar and search & destroy!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I was playing ground war a lot! So many bodies about! I love it!

Its carnage... especially on smaller maps!

Can't belive how many people are boosting though! There are even forums dedicated to it now!

1.8 Civic EX
anyone know what GTW would be?

Was playing a few days back, and came top overall in a Team Deathmatch and I got a freind request from some random in the match and he/she/it sent me a message saying "any chance I could get infected with GTW?"

I just deleted both, no idea what he was talking about! lol

Motorbikes
Anyone been in ground war with 18 players where it then jumps to 18 player free for all, with 2 teams where you can kill your team mates? Happened to me a few times on Rust.

Bus w**ker
anyone know what GTW would be?
Global Thermonuclear Warfare for a guess. It's some game type coded in to MW2 but locked for some reason, probably become part of "DLC" at a later date. It's been patched now, but if you installed some hack and then entered a certain string in to the console, PC only, then it unlocked it along with two other game types; Capture one flag and VIP.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Were you playing with us the other night symon ps3?

I meant to add you.

Bus w**ker
I was on with Geddes and I guessed you were gal666, sent you a BBM message to ask if it was you but you ignored me :(.

Ended up with half my PSN friends list on that game lol as they all kept joining the session.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i'll probably get it tonight when I go on, left quite sharpish so i'll add you matey.

You any good? Never noticed.

Bus w**ker
Me, no I suck lol. But I do it with style and flare.

Pretty much only play FFA, but wanted to jump on and see what Geddes' fortnight of game play experience was like so joined the session. Two hours later I was still there.

I'll no doubt be on in a bit.

DCi
The boosting thing would be so easy to patch. All they need to do is make it so if you die a few times straight after using a flare then it forces u to go to a 'regular' spawn. They addressed all the other glitches promptly so come on get it done lads

'52 clio 1.2 16V
he/she/it sent me a message saying "any chance I could get infected with GTW?"

Yeah as Sym0n said its probably people looking for Global Thermonuclear Warfare lobby invites. But as far as im aware you had to be invited into an already running GTW lobby at some point, but none can run now anyway.

Only other use of the word 'infected' ive heard in the game is for the 'infected' title, which you can only get by being Knifed by a person using that title or the STD title. Has anyone got both of these yet? I'd imagine they must have spread a lot now compare to the first few months of game release.