ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

I struggle to find a gun I'm happy with in the Assault class. I haven't clicked with any of them yet like I have done in all of the other classes.

I used to use the FAMAS, but since the update I've found it difficult to use. :eek:

Thanks for that Scutch, quite an interesting little guide.

I should be on at some point tonight, but probably wont be until later in the evening.

Mito Sportiva 135
Famas, Holo, Foregrip, Heavy Barrel.

Medi-kit and Defib.

.44 Magnum or G18 fully automatic.

Squad Ammo 2*

Yeh I liked the Famas but more veterans seem to use the RP2000 so assumed it was better...still only got the ACOG site for it so far though which is awful, so I have kept the iron sites until RDS or Holo is unlocked.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I reckon the aek91 is the best rifle. Only reason I don't still use it is I'm trying out random guns, just to get the unlocks etc.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeh I liked the Famas but more veterans seem to use the RP2000 so assumed it was better...still only got the ACOG site for it so far though which is awful, so I have kept the iron sites until RDS or Holo is unlocked.

The P90 is better than the PP2000 or the F2000.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I reckon the aek91 is the best rifle. Only reason I don't still use it is I'm trying out random guns, just to get the unlocks etc.

The recoil isn't too good on the AEK. Might be ok with iron sights or just using burst/single fire mode though.

I find I use the AK47u I think it is? Sub machine gun you get as standard with the Engineer class? I've unlocked plenty since but none compare to it IMO.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I remember finding someone who was hiding on Seine (sp) Crossing, stood still while he was operating his EOD Bot, I placed 6 sticks of C4 around him, waited until his EOD bot was destroyed, then when he went to move...BOOM he went flying, LOL :cool:

Mito Sportiva 135
On Bad Company 2 me and my mate used to play Rush all the time, one of us would man the UAV and the other would have the class with ammo boxes, and just stick 6 C4s onto it and fly it into the M-Com points...used to get SO many points doing it, even with the balancing in the last patch for the game.

Those were the days...!

Clio 1.2 16v
Is it stupid that I still giggle like a school girl when I sneak up on an enemy tank and load the f**ker with C4? :eek:

No i love c4! I giggle when i run around a corner into a group of enemies and chuck a c4 down then blow everyone and everything up! (including myself)

I was playing with that SV98 last night. Beast of gun. So much more powerful than the standard rifles.

Unlocked the x12 zoom for it too which should come in handy!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's annoying as f*ck getting kicked for team killing when the guys are running in front of your bullets. FFS.

We were absolutely dominating too. The next game I had got so far in and then connection to EA server was lost :clown:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Had a good game in the tank last night, 31 kill streak!

Also started using the AS VAL, really good gun when you get used to it. Shame about the small clip though.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah it's the clip size that ruins that gun. It's really good otherwise. Only used it a few times but that's when I've picked it up from fallen soldiers. I'm Rank 44 now just unlocked the scoped .44 Magnum.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Scutch was it you who was in my game the other day (Grand Bizarre I think) but on the other team??

Yes. You killed me so I killed you back :cool:

I joined about halfway through. Managed to get 30 kills I think to 18 deaths. Two guys on your team were Rank 100.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh thought so! After you killed me couldn't find you again! Sneaky devil. That level has really started to grow on me, all about fighting over B!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeh thought so! After you killed me couldn't find you again! Sneaky devil. That level has really started to grow on me, all about fighting over B!

Definitely! You can have some great battles in the alleys surrounding B. Prefer that map to Siene now which can be really frustrating at times. I actually quite prefer the closed in maps to the open ones, although Firestorm isn't too bad for points totting.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh definitely....some maps are too big for Conquest IMO (although still good for Rush)...OM and GB are my current favourites I think, although my k/d ratio is still only around 1.0 still overall, see some people getting ridiculous kills but no points for capturing points, which to me is a bit lame.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I've got a fair few kills with it, still yet to unlock the extended mags :(

Going to finish off my assignments today, only got a couple of bits left to complete then on to my last vehicle unlocks!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I got my ass handed to me on those "small maps" last night. F*cking Grand Bazaar was like walking into an actual war. I felt the pain of every death. The opposition truly had our cards marked. Clever b*stards. Made up for it on Operation Metro though. Well, I got an even K/D if that makes up for it :clown:

I'm about 3000 points off unlocking the VAL.

The problem with the smaller maps is that once the enemy have at least 2/3 spawn points, they just dig in and it's near on impossible to break them down. Especially on Metro.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The problem with the smaller maps is that once the enemy have at least 2/3 spawn points, they just dig in and it's near on impossible to break them down. Especially on Metro.

Agree with this, but if you're stuck with your base near Flag C, you can get a fair few enemy kills because they just try to block the corridors which you can spray bullets and grenades down. You can also sneak down the sides of the subway trains. If you're on the other side at A, it's much harder to infiltrate Flag B.

Yeah 100% agree. If your spawn is nearest A, then you are fucked. Don't think I have actually played a game where the team which spawn nearest C have actually lost on Metro?

Mito Sportiva 135
I have lost several times on OM starting on C...played a game last night where it was a team of Veterans (all level 20 vets or above, and probably a clan) smashing into my team. Every time I spawned I died within a minute...got a few kills by going to the right and then looking left to the tunnel in the middle, where a few enemies were trying to pour out...but got very frustrating. What annoys me is when the server caption says "no spawn kills / grenade launchers etc" yet the hosting team does it for most the game. What they really mean is "don't try fighting back".