ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

1.8 Civic EX
the easiest way to get kills with the jet (providing you can fly them) is to fly about at the opositions main base. Providing you don't get taken down you will be able to shoot their jets/choppers/tanks whilst they are stationary. Most of the time someone will jump in them just as you are about to finish if off (especially if you have control of all the points)....BOOM vehicle disabled/destroyed and a kill aswell.

You don't need many points to start unlocking bits in the jets.

In saying that I'm still a bit s**t in them and die more than I get any kills. My biggest problem is I keep pressing the wrong button so I drop the flares instead of shooting leaving me somewhat vunerable.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
On Noshahr Canals last night, our team had captured all 3 flags and the enemy could only spawn at their sea base, which means travelling in the boats or sub-tanks to a land point. I was just watching from the dock at Flag A and there were 2 of our choppers just hovering infront of their base opening preventing the opposition from escaping. If I was on their team, I'd have been f*cking fuming. Hell, I was on the team with the choppers and I was fuming, as they were taking all the points and making the game boring. Still, didn't take long for the tickets to run down :clown:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It is funny when your on the team dominating. Like you say its bloody annoying the other way round

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh that level is really hard if you're spawn trapped on the boat, they can see you coming from a mile off!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh that level is really hard if you're spawn trapped on the boat, they can see you coming from a mile off!

If the opposing team literally can't gain a foot-hold to mount an attack (or defence, dependant on the map) - then it's a clear case of poor map design and even worse play-testing.

That's nothing to do with the skill ability of players - but they should at least be able to get out from underneath the constant rapage position. As Scutch says - even when you're on the team doing the raping, it's hardly fun or enjoyable.

D.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
So AK and Scutch are the c***s that keep stealing my jets and crashing them instantly!?

Using them for transport ffsnake.

You bloody b******s!!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
So AK and Scutch are the c**ts that keep stealing my jets and crashing them instantly!?

Using them for transport ffsnake.

You bloody b*****ds!!

Not me. I've only used a jet once and ended up flying to f*cking Portugal when I was supposed to be heading to Flag C.

As for the choppers, only piloted one of those once too, but yeah I did use it for transport before jumping out.

With the jets, is there a point where you become "out of bounds"?

I presume there is, but I've never been able to keep one in the air long enough to find out. :eek:

1.8 Civic EX
With the jets, is there a point where you become "out of bounds"?

I presume there is, but I've never been able to keep one in the air long enough to find out. :eek:

Yeah there is, it's quite far out though, I'm generally over by it when I get shot down so even if I jump out the plane I die due to being "out of bounds" :(

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
M98B is the best sniper by far. Used the holographic sight with it on metro last night, got a fair few one hit kills :eek:

Got my first service star with c4 last night too, woop.

My new medic class, p90, red dot sight, laser, supressor. Brilliant combo, especially with the sqd ammo specialization.

1.8 Civic EX
Not sure if I've got the M98b yet. I'm currently using the M40a(?) something or other with the x8

Seems to be doing fine at 1 hit kills so far. The difficulty is getting that one hit lol.

Just had a look. That's insane.

Isn't the SV98 available from the start? I swear I have that gun. Looks pretty decent there too.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
No the SV98 isn't available from the start. It's the Mk11 Mod 0 that you start with. Basically a machine gun with a 150x scope.

FFS. The pauper guns are a piece of s**t.

I don't generally use the recon class, only if I'm in a "meh" kind of mood where I just want to sit back and try and get ridiculously long range kills.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
If you're struggling to unlock recon stuff, just whack a UMP or something as your primary weapon on recon and do a few games of metro.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah, like I say, my mate at work used the A91 as Engineer and got 140 kills on Metro.

Different class, obviously, but same principles. It's a high ROF machine gun.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
SV98 is the first recon unlock and to be honest until you get the M98 there's little point using the other unlocks as they are weaker.

SV98 is pretty decent, I've been using it with the bipod and 12x scope and it can be good fun on the right map.

Yeah I have that SV98. Much more powerful compared to the standard rifles available. Only thing I need to get used to is taking a shot, then coming out of the scope. Was caught out a few times by that when playing earlier. :eek:

Mito Sportiva 135
What is everyone's favourite setup as assault class? I use the RP2000 or whatever it is called, and currently levelling it to get RDS, heavy barrell and foregrip. Then got Squad Ammo upgrade, grenade launcher attachment, rex revolver.

Last night on Metro there was a group of about 8 of us, 6 of which were Assault and was ridiculous, as each time anyone went down someone would revive him. That is until 2 guys flanked us and killed us all in one go. What I love about BF is trying to second guess other players...see them running and where they are going to head them off, the timing before popping out of cover, annoying people so you know they will come back to try and kill you after you've killed them...so you put a claymore there etc. Excellent!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
What is everyone's favourite setup as assault class? I use the RP2000 or whatever it is called, and currently levelling it to get RDS, heavy barrell and foregrip. Then got Squad Ammo upgrade, grenade launcher attachment, rex revolver.

Last night on Metro there was a group of about 8 of us, 6 of which were Assault and was ridiculous, as each time anyone went down someone would revive him. That is until 2 guys flanked us and killed us all in one go. What I love about BF is trying to second guess other players...see them running and where they are going to head them off, the timing before popping out of cover, annoying people so you know they will come back to try and kill you after you've killed them...so you put a claymore there etc. Excellent!

Famas, Holo, Foregrip, Heavy Barrel.

Medi-kit and Defib.

.44 Magnum or G18 fully automatic.

Squad Ammo 2*