ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Well if anyone wants help with the air vehicles on the PS3 I'm sure we could whack on a private session one night!

I might have to take you up on that offer, I just don't get the time to go on as much anymore.

I was on yesterday for a few hours and had a few hit and miss games. Decided to try out one of the helicopters and lasted about 30 seconds before I ditched it! Didn't attempt another airborne vehicle again!

I did have a decent round on Metro (decent by my standards anyway) and took the same guy out quite a few times with no reply)

I'l prob be on Friday daytime if anyone will be on (PS3) captain_crowe.

182 CUP
Hi All,

On ps3 bf3 most afternoons between 4 and 6, best stress relief going. RAVE1051 if you wanna add me.

:D

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Playing Conquest on Canals to get my last unlock on scout heli, was shooting the enemy heli but was always going to lose as I was on my own and he had 2 engineers fixing him.

I got blown up and a team mate sent me a message "if u suck at heli dont use them when we need them -_-" I hopped in the heli, said person was co-pilot as he was too slow to get in it ;) Waited until it was full, went straight down and smashed into the floor, killing us all.

Sent him a message "Lol umad?" his reply "whatever..."

PMSL :D

I got blown up and a team mate sent me a message "if u suck at heli dont use them when we need them -_-" I hopped in the heli, said person was co-pilot as he was too slow to get in it ;) Waited until it was full, went straight down and smashed into the floor, killing us all.

Cool story. Makes you sound waaay more of an asshole than him though.

Back on topic... I'm seriously considering paying to unlock the recon stuff. I can't seem to score any heavy duty points as recon and I really want to play with the M98. At my current rate however it'll be several years before I get it unlocked. I can do okay in terms of kills with the SV98 or the M39 (with ACOG) but there's no way I've found of really spamming the points like you can do with the other classes.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Care? Nope. I'm in the top half of the scoreboard at the end of most games, so I don't 'f**k about' as such often....just little yanks like that piss me off, so I killed him.

Finally unlocked the CITV station for the Tank, it is brilliant for a map like Firestorm etc if someone has guided shells! Plenty of kills to be had that way.

I always f**k about in the vehicles every now and then. Love the rage messages you get sent went you bail out of a jet which is heading towards a group of your own guys.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Playing Conquest on Canals to get my last unlock on scout heli, was shooting the enemy heli but was always going to lose as I was on my own and he had 2 engineers fixing him.

PMSL :D

LOL.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Cool story. Makes you sound waaay more of an asshole than him though.

Back on topic... I'm seriously considering paying to unlock the recon stuff. I can't seem to score any heavy duty points as recon and I really want to play with the M98. At my current rate however it'll be several years before I get it unlocked. I can do okay in terms of kills with the SV98 or the M39 (with ACOG) but there's no way I've found of really spamming the points like you can do with the other classes.

I used MS Points on the recon pack because I rarely use that class and therefore wouldn't unlock them via game progress. The M98B is fantastic, as Adam will testify to :cool:

I used MS Points on the recon pack because I rarely use that class and therefore wouldn't unlock them via game progress. The M98B is fantastic, as Adam will testify to :cool:

It's gonna have to be then I think. I took a look at the score charts for all the top recon guys and every single one was using the M98. Never had the pleasure but the sheer amount of people using it and it's stats suggest it's an absolute beast.

I should bought it there and then after some dude with his bipodded M98 with x12 scope was raping my face when I tried to take him on with my SV98 with x7 scope and no bipod. It was only thanks to some other clueless fuckwit on his team who I was monstering in sniper battles that prevented an embarrassing KDR and ensuing mouse-smashing tantrum/rage quit.

I use the SV98. Find it a really good gun tbh, but then again I've never had the pleasure of using the M98.

The x12 scope isn't all it's cracked up to be either. I find it much harder to spot enemies now, which is annoying.

I'm still kind of switching between the two. Not sure on which I prefer. I know the x12 is fuckin hard work on the smaller, infantry maps though. Shame there isn't a zoomable scope. Not sure if such a thing exists.

What did make all the difference to the long range sniping was the bipod. Especially with the x12 the sight was wandering all over the place without it. Rock steady with.

Mk2 ph1 clio
I unlocked everything the hard way :-( literally got my last heli unlock a week before they released the shortcuts! Bar stewards! Plus side is I saved my cash!

Really doing some damage with the attack heli ATM! If me and Liam/dredz are in we stay in the air for a full game!

I was playing last night for a brief spell on Noshar Canal's.

Had the SV98 out, with the x12 scope, sniping people at A from the boat. Got a couple of good kills with it that were very satisfying. :cool:

1.8 Civic EX
It's really not that hard to unlock the sniper stuff, it just takes a while as your not in the action racking up loads of kills like you would be with the other classes. I'm getting one hit kills with the M40 sniper job too so it's not just the M98.

You could just get on the MAV and fly about spotting loads of people/vehicles. I got loads of points that way just from spot assists etc.

Or as mentioned earlier, use the recon class but don't use a sniper, use one of the other guns, run about on metro a few times and you'll soon see the points coming in.

As for dicking about I had some tool teamkill me about four times with his sniper in meto. I was squad leader and he literally just kept spawning on me and killing me straight away. I think he got the message when I killed him, revived him, killed him, revived him and killed him again in the space of about 10 seconds lol (note I didn;t revive him the last time, just left him dead with a bit of tea bag action)

The best way to piss off your team is on maps such as Wake Island where they have one of the big AA guns (such as on the back of the ship), just sit in that and as soon as jets and choppers etc appear, shoot the s**t out of them so the team members waiting can't get in.

There is literally no way they can kill you when you are in the AA gun either.

True story.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I had a few games of HC last night. wow its like a different game. I tried this before without much luck but found it a lot easy than normal mode last night. I still die a lot but get more kills. The only think i don't like is not being able to see an external view of the vehicles, but no big deal really.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I had a few games of HC last night. wow its like a different game. I tried this before without much luck but found it a lot easy than normal mode last night. I still die a lot but get more kills. The only think i don't like is not being able to see an external view of the vehicles, but no big deal really.

Not sure why they took that out. It was working fine a few weeks ago.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Well so far so s**t, seemingly I can't join any server.. what the f**k is up with this Battlelog thing.. I just want to play :/

Any ideas anyone? Constantly getting 'your connection to the server timed out'

Last edited: