ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Mk2 ph1 clio
Smoke was a tracer guns worst nightmare though! I love the Huey in the nam pack though! Even if a medic with an LMG could take it down in one clip it was so much fun to use! The rocket pods actually did a fair bit of damage.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Scutch, you added me last night literally as I was turning the Xbox off.

I should be on tonight.

I was just going on for 20 minutes while the missus was in the bath. Sorry, no pics. Had a quick blast on Operation Metro. Our team got completely f*cking pwnd as they had all 3 flags and our base was spawned at C Flag. Hard work, especially in those boiler rooms and corridors within the subway.

...pics?

I find myself playing Metro more and more. The high ticket games are helping me unlock stuff a lot quicker than I usually would which is cool. Like you said though, once at least 2/3 of the Flag's are captured by the other team, you are fighting a losing battle.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
...pics?

I find myself playing Metro more and more. The high ticket games are helping me unlock stuff a lot quicker than I usually would which is cool. Like you said though, once at least 2/3 of the Flag's are captured by the other team, you are fighting a losing battle.

I was using the M16A4 but I was getting so f*cking pissed by the guys blocking the corridors and using the M320 grenade launcher (even though the server specifically stated NO M320 or USAS) that I switched to the Support class 240B with extended mags and just lay down in the corridor and unloaded magazine after magazine. My K/D rating would have been about 5/50 but in the end I think it finished as 28/33 which wasn't too bad. It's so satisfying when their guys come running down those cramped corridors into a relentless party of my bullets. Switched back to the assault class after that satisfying death spree.

LOL! I feel your pain. I often use the M4 with the Engineer class on Metro, and my K/D plummets. Pull out the RPK with extended mags and go full noob on them, just to bring my ratio up. :eek:

I'm looking forward to the new maps coming out.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL! I feel your pain. I often use the M4 with the Engineer class on Metro, and my K/D plummets. Pull out the RPK with extended mags and go full noob on them, just to bring my ratio up. :eek:

I'm looking forward to the new maps coming out.

My mate has the game on PS3 and his K/D was 140/38 the other night on Metro. Using Engineer and the A91. Impressive.

Wow, that is good. Some of the K/D's people get are mental. A guy I was playing with last night had 27/1. Had something ridiculous like 6500 points too.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Wow, that is good. Some of the K/D's people get are mental. A guy I was playing with last night had 27/1. Had something ridiculous like 6500 points too.

I'm far too "in the action" to only get 1 death. I pick up loads. Sometimes the game actually awards me them when I haven't even played, too.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Yeah, I got a 9 man kill streak in 1 spray when I creeped behind them on Metro, LOL. :eek:

Mito Sportiva 135
Awesome when that happens, although sometimes I get too excited, bottle it and end up killing about 1 person before gving the game away!

RX7 FD
I only play BF now when my friend (ace pilot is on) and we rock out the Huey (Transport Heli) with him flying me on the minigun and repairing duty. It owns everything, planes, choppers and people. Not so good versus tanks.

But the bad thing is he gets no real points from all the carnage I dish out. Plus there are no upgrades for the chopper. They need to fix that....I need to start a petition.

I don't understand why everyone plays Metrolol. It bores the heck out of me with rockets,nades and campy supports. Too linear for my tastes I suppose.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
My mate has the game on PS3 and his K/D was 140/38 the other night on Metro. Using Engineer and the A91. Impressive.

One of the guys on another forum I'm on, uses that a LOT. He's superb with it. Lost a lot of points against him one-on-one!

I only play BF now when my friend (ace pilot is on) and we rock out the Huey (Transport Heli) with him flying me on the minigun and repairing duty. It owns everything, planes, choppers and people. Not so good versus tanks.

But the bad thing is he gets no real points from all the carnage I dish out. Plus there are no upgrades for the chopper. They need to fix that....I need to start a petition.

I don't understand why everyone plays Metrolol. It bores the heck out of me with rockets,nades and campy supports. Too linear for my tastes I suppose.

Because it's as close to COD as BF can be - and they need to attract the dregs across somehow. For the record, I never go on Metro. Just pointless and boring for me.

D.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
One of the guys on another forum I'm on, uses that a LOT. He's superb with it. Lost a lot of points against him one-on-one!

Because it's as close to COD as BF can be - and they need to attract the dregs across somehow. For the record, I never go on Metro. Just pointless and boring for me.

D.

I know what you mean, I hate Grand Bazar for that exact reason.

Mito Sportiva 135
Metro is a nice change to the big open maps and good chance to get big points...some maps you hardly get any!

I literally hate this game sometimes.

I played 3 games last night, and got about 5 kills over all 3 games.

It wouldn't be so bad if, say, I was capturing points, planting bombs etc and only got killed once or twice. But I wasn't. I got killed somewhere in the region of 30 times, and planted one bomb. Which got defused. FFS.

Lol. I've only started playing it the last night or two as I have always played Conquest.

Looks like I'll be going back to that. :eek:

Mito Sportiva 135
Rush is good if you're playing with a friend(s) otherwise you can just get annihilated. A decent squad working together in a tank or chopper can be devestating if people are working together.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Rush is good if you're playing with a friend(s) otherwise you can just get annihilated. A decent squad working together in a tank or chopper can be devestating if people are working together.

Chopper wh*re. Who's planting the explosives?

Mk2 ph1 clio
I like 1943 for the fact it's so simple, no vehicle unlocks. No weapon unlocks or any benefit from being a level 1 or highest rank possible. It's a totally level playing field!

Had one of those untouchable moments on it last night on guadalcanal, stood in the open on a hill with the sniper rifle picking eeveryone off that tried to get me, 8 kills later they start spawning on the hill so out comes the melee weapon and another 4 kills! Wish I had the PVR!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just finished a round with 93/43 which I was pleased with considering I was constantly on the move.

19k points and 48k overall. Rank 35 now.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Blew up a chopper and got a double kill with the AA gun, then got banned from the server..... sad c***s!

Really f***s me off when that happens.

I was trying out the sniper rifles over the weekend. Just starting to get to grips with them, although I desperately need the 12x zoom for long range.

They are MUCH easier to use once you have the foregrip unlocked too.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I haven't even tried the Recon class yet, other than random times when I've accidentally chosen it.

Odd really, as it was Recon which I started with on BC2 and racked up over 4k kills before I switched to the Assault and Engineer. It was the Medic on BC2 which I never touched.

May have a go with the Recon class on BF3 but for the moment I'm happy with the other 3 classes.

I haven't ever really used it either tbh. I love the Engineer class, so that's what I usually use. But I thought I'd give Recon a go and seem to be ok. Nothing spectacular though.

What I've realise though is that the standard rifles are crap compared to ones that are unlocked later on in the game.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Blew up a chopper and got a double kill with the AA gun, then got banned from the server..... sad c***s!

Really f***s me off when that happens.

Flol.

Had this kind of thing so much.

Was playing with my German pals, smashed another clan on metro, talking we had 900 tickets left they had 200, they do a complete switch so we swap sides, they now control all points and have our tickets... We still beat them.

Love it!

Mito Sportiva 135
These new servers are doing my nut in. Each time I join it is in a game in which we are losing too much to turn it around, usually getting spawn killed (despite the message saying doing so will get you banned) and usually veteran clans on one side, and complete n00bs on the other (+ me!). Very frustrating. My k/d ratio has fallen to 1.00 since the change (and a 3 month break too).

AK

M240i
Same.

I don't really play now unless I'm with the usual suspects, as together we're a pretty awesome team :eek:.

Mito Sportiva 135
AK you're still on my friends list I think from Halo Reach, so I will invite you next time I see you online and I am playing.