ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
This:

300923.jpg

USAS-12
  • Shotgun
  • 6 rounds per reload, semi-automatic or single shot fire
  • Rate of fire: 300
  • Unlocked by reaching level 43
This is an insanely powerful semi-automatic shotgun capable of stopping footsoldiers in one or two shots maximum. The USAS-12's weight might slow you down, but it also results in less kick back, and generally improved accuracy.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Just unlocked the RDS for the Famas, I can see why people use it so much.

Haven't unlocked the USAS yet, picked it up and used it a few times though, tbf I would always use it if I had it unlocked.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I use the Holographic on the FAMAS. Do you guys tend to mess with the firing modes? I know there's single shot, burst and fully automatic. I just go with what's standard, but the FAMAS is f*cking lethal when you just hold your finger on the trigger due to it's immense rate of fire. Think it's around 900. F*ck using bursts with that, as the recoil isn't too bad either with the none-zoom scopes. My mate at work says the single shot and burst are far more accurate but I'm not firing off one bullet using a machine gun.

How do you unlock Holographic Scutch?

I use burst with the FAMAS. If you hit someone with it on burst (playing hardcore) it usually only takes one pull of the trigger to finish them off.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
How do you unlock Holographic Scutch?

I use burst with the FAMAS. If you hit someone with it on burst (playing hardcore) it usually only takes one pull of the trigger to finish them off.

How do you switch to burst? Or is it just a case of depressing the trigger?

The holographic was unlocked just by killing folk, IIRC.

Press down on the DPad once to turn it to burst, once more to turn it to single shot, then again to turn it back to full auto.

Burst lets off 3 rounds at a time IIRC.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Cheers mate. Will give that a go. I'm out of touch with this since BC2 - which is still the greatest MP game of all time.

Only just found out the other day that pressing the right analogue in allows you to view the exterior of the vehicle you're in. Very handy in tanks for seeing little c*nts with C4 running around when you're parked up at a flag. It's a different button to what it was in BC2 IIRC.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I can't believe everyone wants the USAS now. F*ckin' n00bs.

It'll be nerfed soon anyway. The sooner the better since you don't even need to aim!

I got to Colonel last week but nearly gave up thanks to that f*cking glitch gun.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I play HC mode usually. Only use normal mode when the Server Browser is being a tw*t so I just go to Quick Game.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Normal mode is f*cking harder when the enemy have a map and can pinpoint your location via spotting.

Therefore HC mode.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Had some pretty decent games on this recently and some high KDR ones like 55-4. But.... Just had my favourite round... 4 973m headshots ... on the same poor bloke! :D

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
First time i experienced lag last night, anyone else had any issues? I was like ten steps forward, then threw me back to pretty much where id started. Thinking it may be a connection issue though

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
First time i experienced lag last night, anyone else had any issues? I was like ten steps forward, then threw me back to pretty much where id started. Thinking it may be a connection issue though

Yeah had that.

Was also "awarded" 200 deaths on one map last night. 200. Needless to say, pissed wasn't the word. Sent an email complaining but it really put me off playing again TBH.

Still, will be on again today no doubt :eek:

AK

M240i
Yeah had that.

Was also "awarded" 200 deaths on one map last night. 200. Needless to say, pissed wasn't the word. Sent an email complaining but it really put me off playing again TBH.

:(.

Lol. TDM, there's your problem.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah had that.

WTF. Haven't you had that before too?

O.5 KD :dapprove:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
WTF. Haven't you had that before too?

O.5 KD :dapprove:

3 times mate. Never that bad though. That's a total of 390 deaths for nothing. Maybe more. Last time I complained they said it must be a rare glitch, suck it and see. Meh.

I'll soldier on.

You guy's not play TDM?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
There were rumours on Twitter that a few maps from BC2 could be ported into BF3, namely Arica Harbor, Atacama and Heavy Metal.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Laguna presa or Isla for me tbh! Loved both those maps for sniping! Hated heavy metal though!

Had a few high KD games recently.. seems to be alot of noobs on BF3 as of late! 44-4 and 55-4 and a few 21+ for zero!

Unlocked everything for all the vehicles and classes now so im working through the medals and ribbons! Also working on unlocking all the weapon unlocks.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
How the hell do you even see someone that far away lol

400x scope.

Speaking of which, do any of you guys use scopes on the machine guns? I remember on BC2 I got the most kills with the M16 and G3 with 4x scope but since Vietnam DLC came out I've liked having the stock iron sights more. However, I played and finished the single player of BF3 yesterday (finally) and quite enjoyed the 4x zoom on the guns.