ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pc - LCD tv HELP PLS

Vecta 2.2i SRI 55
hey please can someone help me out here

i have bought 40inch samsung hd tv which arrives on fri

tonight i bought new pc without monitor as the samsung tv has a PC INPUT on the back so you can use the TV as a PC MONITOR.

Thing is do i need a cable to connect my PC to samsung TV? If so whats it called/price?

or do i just connect it like i would from a TFT monitor to a pc?

PLS someone

thanks very much

A black one
It will most likely be a D-sub VGA cable - a standard monitor cable that may even come with the extras in your PC pack. It's usually provided when you buy a graphics card, monitor, or it may even be with your TV.

If you need to buy one.... just search eBay for 'vga monitor cable' they're about £3

Vecta 2.2i SRI 55
ok thanks, so if i go into pc world and ask for a vga monitor cable that will work? any idea how much they retail at?

i read the online samsung manual and is doesn't come with cable mate included it says its optional

A black one
If it's a VGA cable you need it will look like this:
38130M_g.jpg

But you might need a DVI cable - PC graphics cards usually have sockets for both. A DVI socket looks like this:
Dual%20DVI.JPG

But you can even get DVI to HDMI cables, so you might be able to plug the DVI into your PC graphics card and the HDMI into your TV. But these are ££££'s.

cable-video-numerique-dvi-m--hdmi-m-2-4m,2367-550px.jpg

Best thing to do is to wait until you get your gear and check which inputs it has. Any shop like Maplin, PC World or any general tech shop wil have the cables you need.

Vecta 2.2i SRI 55
thanks guys for all your help, my pc graphics card only has vgs input not hdmi but i can always upgrade my graphics card at later date, will go to pc world and buy vga monitor cable then, thanks again