ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC help needed

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
my gf has a bit of the PC issue.

her mum was on it and it was working fine, she shut it down as normal.

30mins later my gf went to use it and it started up the but screen was blank.

i went round to have a look, computer seems to turn on as normal, cant tell if the hard drive is working or not but i think so.

screen says no signal. tried a different screen and cable and same thing.

PC was against a wall and was fooking roasting.

guessing a good place to start is with a new tv/graphics card.

anyone know what one this is?

computer is an advent

01062009361.gif

01062009362.gif

01062009365.gif

01062009368.gif

01062009369.gif

01062009370.gif

01062009372.gif

also need to get onto the hard drive asap, is there an adaptor or something i can use so that i an plug it into my laptop as a usb drive? if so anyone got a link?

01062009364.gif

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
You don't even get the DOS shite when you turn the comp on (all the white writing of stuff only geeks understand) All this would still show up even if your graphics cards fried. If you tried another screen its obviously not the screen, so i'd go with the socket on the motherboard thats gone tbh so new motherboard.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
really!!

no nothing on the screen at all, the light on the screen stays orange so signal. it goes green when it has a signal

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Mixing hoes with computers = instant disaster.

Does it POST?

the hoe or the computer?

I'd say its the motherboard as i said mate, the screen will still show the DOS s**t at the start, it will even load windows without a graphics card but in very basic colours and will run slow as f**k.

Btw, as a rule of thumb, when a woman (your girlfriends mum) says the computer ran normal and she shut it down properly it probably means it overheated, went dead and she thought f**k that mayte im not taking the blame, left it and then acted all surprised when your daughter went on it.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
well the tower its self turns on, fans spin lights come on but just nothing on the screen.

dont think it beeped, but then again i dont use it and dont know if it normally beeps.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
the hoe or the computer?

I'd say its the motherboard as i said mate, the screen will still show the DOS s**t at the start, it will even load windows without a graphics card but in very basic colours and will run slow as f**k.

Btw, as a rule of thumb, when a woman (your girlfriends mum) says the computer ran normal and she shut it down properly it probably means it overheated, went dead and she thought f**k that mayte im not taking the blame, left it and then acted all surprised when your daughter went on it.

excellent just what i wana hear!

I'm not sure that's correct TBH. If your monitor is plugged into the graphics card, and that graphics card is toast, it's not likely you'll see anything on the screen I wouldn't have thought.

You should normally be getting at least one beep which signals a healthy post. I don't know anything about that computer though, or even if the case speaker is connected.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
^^^

like wise, its not mine and i dont use it.

so with the hard drive is there an adaptor i can get to use it as a usb hard drive?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
thanks thats a good start

are they all the same do i need anything special for that hard dirve? pic above?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Thats a good point tbh roy i never thought of it that way, My old computer had a port on the motherboard which the monitor plugged into, just checked and my current one does aswell. :S You are right though alot do plug into the video card.

Basically we can conclude that she broke it and is denying all knowledge. Similar to how those alloys just magically become gouged out, and the bumpers magically trade paint with a post/other car.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
LOL thanks guys

so would a good start to be to buying a new video card as the monitor plugs diretly into that?