ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC] Gaming Keyboard / Mice

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's on a clip, can either be attached to your cable or they provide Velcro sticky tabs to put it somewhere. I had mine on the side of my monitor and it was clearer than most!

Giulietta 940
Oh right. I thought it didn't, which is why I opted for Creative Fatal1ty's a couple of years back. However, for £35 they were definitely a great purchase, and are still going strong.

However, when they inevitably die, I might get some Siberias. Handy it isn't a boom mic too, they can be so annoying when eating/drinking with your headset on.

F82 M4
This is the mic included with the Siberias, I just clip it onto my collar, works a treat -

steelseries-siberia-microphone-white-pc-22316704.jpeg

However, there is a "V2" model of the headset which has a retractable mic in the headset, it is abit more expensive though -

SteelSeries-Siberia-v2-Headset_1.jpg

Giulietta 940
I used to have a tie-clip mic when my Medusa 5.1 mic broke... until that broke too. Seems like a good idea though, then I can use them with my phone/iPod too.

Bah, just seen the price tag on the v2s... £60+ :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
My wireless MS mouse on my other PC broke, so I replaced with a wired Intellimouse. I still have a wireless keyboard (£8 jobby from ebuyer) which performs fine. The only reason I went wireless is that I'm hoping to use that PC as a media centre in the future.

Gaming wise, no point in switching from wired. How far are you going to sit from your monitor? :rasp:

You surprise me m8. I thought you would have had a dogs bollox keyboard and mouse combo?! :cool:

D.

F82 M4
I used to have a tie-clip mic when my Medusa 5.1 mic broke... until that broke too. Seems like a good idea though, then I can use them with my phone/iPod too.

Bah, just seen the price tag on the v2s... £60+ :(

I think I paid about £50 for the V1 and that was a couple of years ago. Not cheap mind, but well worth it :cool:

Giulietta 940
You surprise me m8. I thought you would have had a dogs bollox keyboard and mouse combo?! :cool:

D.

I do, for my proper gaming PC - Logitech G15v1 (wrist rest broke ages ago, but its stuck on with duct tape) + Razer Diamondback. But the cheap shizzle works just fine for the other one.

Giulietta 940
Do not like. Too much going on, and it looks like it would be uncomfortable. Bugger to clean as well. But each to their own.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Do not like. Too much going on, and it looks like it would be uncomfortable. Bugger to clean as well. But each to their own.

That's what killed my G15 v1. Gave me years of decent service, then I decided to break it apart to clear out all the bits of crap that had fallen between the keys. Hmmm - R.I.P keyboard!

D.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

it's completely customisable, so its as comfortable as you want it. Bugger to clean? Maybe, but then I'm a tidy person.

Giulietta 940
The G15v2 looks great tbh, I'm liking the in built screen as opposed to the flap. The only thing I don't like is the back light colour :rasp:

Monaro VXR

Try one, you won't want to get rid of it. Most comfortable mouse I have ever used. You can adjust how far forward the side buttons are, what angle they sit on, the pinky rest, the palm rest can have different heights and then you can also move it forwards and backwards.

Had my RAT7 (same as the 9 but wired) for around 6 months now, only thing that has any dirt on it is the scroll wheel the little grooves. Never had a mouse that doesn't get a bit clogged up there though.

Plus sniper button = most useful FPS button ever!

It has 4 points for selection behind the scroll wheel for sensitivity, but then you can have the sniper button and drop the sensitivity down to tiny levels. Makes fine adjustments so much easier in FPS games.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Try one, you won't want to get rid of it. Most comfortable mouse I have ever used. You can adjust how far forward the side buttons are, what angle they sit on, the pinky rest, the palm rest can have different heights and then you can also move it forwards and backwards.

Had my RAT7 (same as the 9 but wired) for around 6 months now, only thing that has any dirt on it is the scroll wheel the little grooves. Never had a mouse that doesn't get a bit clogged up there though.

Plus sniper button = most useful FPS button ever!

It has 4 points for selection behind the scroll wheel for sensitivity, but then you can have the sniper button and drop the sensitivity down to tiny levels. Makes fine adjustments so much easier in FPS games.

Interesting. What's that? :)

D.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The red button on the left side of the mouse (as seen above) it slows the DPI of the mouse right down so you can pin-point accurately.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
The G15v2 looks great tbh, I'm liking the in built screen as opposed to the flap. The only thing I don't like is the back light colour :rasp:

Ive got this!

The backlight for the keys isnt the best, faded around the outer keys, but bright towards the middle.

Compared to my old Razer Lycosa, the keys are also rather hard to type with!

The screens pretty nifty though :)

And I always press the G1 button instead of ESC grr!!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
The red button on the left side of the mouse (as seen above) it slows the DPI of the mouse right down so you can pin-point accurately.
to be fair you shouldnt need to be lining your shots up to pin point accuracy. anyone who plays as a sniper in FPS on the PC should be able to flick shot/drag shoot. common practice. if you were playing an FPS against me 1 on 1 and you were taking the time to aim and shoot you wouldnt stand a chance.

also on css you could change your zoom sensitivity ratio for it to be better.

and slowing the DPI? surely you mean lowering the DPI or slowing the mouse speed. if you were lowering the DPI sure the mouse would be smoother but not as accurate.

Giulietta 940
to be fair you shouldnt need to be lining your shots up to pin point accuracy. anyone who plays as a sniper in FPS on the PC should be able to flick shot/drag shoot. common practice. if you were playing an FPS against me 1 on 1 and you were taking the time to aim and shoot you wouldnt stand a chance.

and slowing the DPI? surely you mean lowering the DPI or slowing the mouse speed. if you were lowering the DPI sure the mouse would be smoother but not as accurate.

This.

What servers do you play on Rhys?

Giulietta 940
Ive got this!

The backlight for the keys isnt the best, faded around the outer keys, but bright towards the middle.

Compared to my old Razer Lycosa, the keys are also rather hard to type with!

The screens pretty nifty though :)

And I always press the G1 button instead of ESC grr!!

My girlfriend was going to buy me the G19, you can watch YouTube on the colour screen >_>

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Lowering the DPI, whatever. I was merely answering Darren's question not making out the button was the be all and end all. I'm not bothered about it as I don't really play FPS all that much if at all.

Monaro VXR
CSS for the most part isn't a game where you have to be extrememly accurate. Others it helps more.

CSS is more a flick reaction type game.

Giulietta 940
none atall of late. i was a very active member of the VIA community. none of that fragmasters w**k.

played in too many teams to recall and used to play semi-pro. ill have to get my gaming rig out 1 night and give you a shout.

Oh, does that mean you know the old Sky Blue Gaming/Final Battleground lot?

I used to play on VIA a lot, until I got banned for winding up the admins... story of my life :(

Giulietta 940
yes i do.

VIA is a great community. i spent a lot of my time on their forums and attended their LAN's. was always a good laugh.

Sweet, I'm friends with bart (aka demon) from SBG/FBG. I might pop onto VIA again, maybe my ban has been recinded...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Tbf, it would be a great feature to have varying sensitivities for various situations in FPS games. I know they have different ones for vehicle tracking/movement compared to those on foot. But ideally, you could preset them from the menu (if you so wished) - so that a weapon scope speed traversed much more slowly than standard shooting from the hip. Likewise, the main gun on a tank should naturally traverse much more slowly than a roof mounted machine gun. Aircraft controls could be hyper-sensitive, whereas guiding in a TV missile much more delicate and precise.

The possibilities (as they say) are endless. Of course, they can be fcuked right over like on BLOPs where firing a Valkyrie missile suddenly decides to reverse the inverse controls you use for the pitch. Stupid b*****ds. :(

D.

Giulietta 940
What sensitivity do you play with anyway? IIRC the Diamondback tracks at 1600dpi, but I only use 400dpi or something similar. High sensitivity makes it impossible to aim, which is why you see so many noobs in CSS running around with twitching crosshairs.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
What sensitivity do you play with anyway? IIRC the Diamondback tracks at 1600dpi, but I only use 400dpi or something similar. High sensitivity makes it impossible to aim, which is why you see so many noobs in CSS running around with twitching crosshairs.

i use an intellimouse 3.0 so i think they are 300dpi...its overclocked on the polling rate though for smoother movement.

i literally use my whole arm to move the mouse though. im a wierd one.