ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC] Gaming Keyboard / Mice

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
What do you guys roll with?

I was interested in Roccat, almost buying the Kone+ Mouse and a Roccat keyboard to go with it, but after reading reviews I was shocked at some of the significant issues around these products, unfortunately it didn't stop there and equally there seems to be a number of manufacturers with significant issues with their keyboard/mice products (Logitech another one for example).

I'm also however aware that no product gets reviewed online without atleast someone slating the cr*p out of it.

After spending most of Thursday morning reading reviews, watching videos my head went round in circles and I finally took the plunge and ordered the Cyborg (Saitek) RAT 9 mouse which I'm still yet to receive, I'm waiting with baited breath to see how that one turns out.

So I'm still on the lookout for a keyboard, I don't want a mechanical one as the noise would drive both me and the missus up the wall, prefer wireless and want something that won't look out of place with the RAT 9. What do you guys use?

RAT 9 (for reference):

RAT-9-mad-catz.jpg

I like the look of the Steelseries Shift but the functionality of it would be wasted on me.

SteelSeries-Shift-Standard-Keyset.jpg

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Currently rolling with a Logitech G5 mouse, had it for 3 years and still going strong!
Also recently upgraded my Razer Lycosa to a Logitech G15 keyboard and couldnt be happier!

There have been some good reviews of the Roccat stuff! forums.overclockers.co.uk is a good forum for info ;)

Monaro VXR
Use a RAT7, tried wireless mice just not as good. With an MS Natural keyboard. I just want a comfortable mechanical keyboard, but no one makes on in a Natural style :(

Don't tend to need a gaming keyboard.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i use a microsoft standard mouse
335768ps_500h.jpg

and a microsoft sidewinder x6 keyboard which i love

08-20SideWinder_lg.jpg

logitech-g6-g15.jpg

That exact setup although the greatest mouse ever made is the Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0. Apart from the fact the scroll wheel just became useless after about 2 years.

Also important is the mousemat and mouseskatez. I've got a QPad CT large cloth:

img44d34235aa494.jpg

and a set of their mouseskatez that come with it. Awesomely slippy if wanting a cloth mat. Next up ill be getting a Das Keyboard (probably the silent one but tempted by the clicking!)

2.jpg

You could always get an Optimus Maximus.....

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
when i played semi pro it had to be the razor lycosa keyboard. and i play old school with an intellimouse 3.0. ive played with high DPI lachesis mouse before, deathadder mouse (one of the best FPS all rounders) but for me i like ultra low sensitivity and intellimouse was the best. get a good mouse mat. i found the razer mantis to be insane (i need a large mat as i use my arm to move the mouse when playing fps rather than my wrist)

Cupra
I've got the MS Habu mouse and Reclussa keyboard. Both are a Razer/ MS effort and do a great job. After 6 years I wouldn't mind a change but spending £££s to replace something that works perfectly seems a bit daft.

Monaro VXR
The mouse looks a bit odd. But it is the most comfortable mouse I have ever used. The reason it looks like that is down to it being customisable.

You can alter the length of it, how high the palm rest is, alter the pinky rest. Angle of the buttons, how far they are forward or back they are and like most others you can alter the weight too. Result is when you set it up for yourself everything is in the exact spot you want it to be so all the buttons fall naturally exactly where you want them.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
microsoft-intellimouse-explorer-3-0_1.jpg

intellimouse 3.0

mans best friend. unless he plays CS:S and has mwheeldown and up boung to +jump and then the stupid f**king mouse wheel unsticks and flicks a notch while defusing just as you are about to win and it explodes in your face...

rant over.

The mouse looks a bit odd. But it is the most comfortable mouse I have ever used. The reason it looks like that is down to it being customisable.

You can alter the length of it, how high the palm rest is, alter the pinky rest. Angle of the buttons, how far they are forward or back they are and like most others you can alter the weight too. Result is when you set it up for yourself everything is in the exact spot you want it to be so all the buttons fall naturally exactly where you want them.

Sounds awesome. I may get one for Crysis 2.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yep, the reason I went for it, completely customisable to suit your needs, pinky rest looks awesome too. My only concern with it is how often the battery needs changing, but time will tell on that one.

Giulietta 940
Logitech G15v1 - the tits. Had mine for a few years now, and it's still going strong.

Mouse-wise, I've had a Razer Diamondback v1 for a while too, and that's been perfect for me. I've recently bought a Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 for my other PC, and it holds up pretty well, especially considering that its only £20! I read somewhere that the Intellimouse has one of the best optical sensors... its surprising how many "pro gamers" actually use them.

microsoft-intellimouse-explorer-3-0_1.jpg

intellimouse 3.0

mans best friend. unless he plays CS:S and has mwheeldown and up boung to +jump and then the stupid f**king mouse wheel unsticks and flicks a notch while defusing just as you are about to win and it explodes in your face...

rant over.

So many f**king times that happened to me.

DCi
i have a razer diamondback which is years old

i have an ever older ps2 keyboard which has no letters on it because its been over used hah

Evo 8 MR
Logitech G7 and Microsoft internet keyboard.

G7 because it fits into your hand really well and the keyboard becuase it's just big and solid, all new keyboards now are getting smaller and weaker, can't take much hammering of a black ops session lol.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Well the RAT 9 should arrive today so I'll let you know what I think of it. Still undecided on keyboard, but the SteelSeries Shift is still top of my list although I'd prefer wireless.

Well the RAT 9 should arrive today so I'll let you know what I think of it. Still undecided on keyboard, but the SteelSeries Shift is still top of my list although I'd prefer wireless.

Wireless keyboards make the baby jesus cry. I have yet to find one that doesn't have the kind of lag that makes FPS games nigh on impossible to play properly. Overclocked PS/2 or USB only for gaming in my house :cool:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I hate wireless - end of. Pissing about with battery charges, etc. Plus you can get oddball situations like my m8's scroll wheel on his wireless mouse - clicking away through the speakers. :( For the tiny benefit of wireless, I'd rather just stick with a cable tbh.

D.

Giulietta 940
My wireless MS mouse on my other PC broke, so I replaced with a wired Intellimouse. I still have a wireless keyboard (£8 jobby from ebuyer) which performs fine. The only reason I went wireless is that I'm hoping to use that PC as a media centre in the future.

Gaming wise, no point in switching from wired. How far are you going to sit from your monitor? :rasp:

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm not that bothered about the keyboard and will order the SteelSeries one, but I prefer the mouse wireless. I've received the RAT 9 and first impressions are it's awesome, but I'll add some proper words when I've used it for a few days.

Cool n the gang. The only downside I can see is that it looks like it'll end up caked in hand batter. Won't be very easy to keep clean? Definitely not one to be used alongside a bowl of onion rings.

F82 M4
Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Intellimouse_main.jpg

Standard Advent Keyboard

org_1_PC-World-Advent-illuminated-keyboard-.jpg

Steelseries S&S Hard gaming mat

SS.jpg

Steelseries Siberia Headphones

32029.gif

Perfect for FPS's.