ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC] Diablo 3

Yaris Hybrid
I've been giving it a go, playing a Monk at the moment.

I'd say it is OK. It is a polished and competent game but it is a dated although I suppose the hardcore Diablo fans will like it because it is true to the originals?

I mentioned before that it looks like an indie game from Steam and I can now say that it plays like one too. If it had been £10 to £15 from Steam then it would have been a good solid piece of retro gaming.

As a full price game from a big developer and hyped as "game of the year" it falls a bit flat though.

I probably won't repeat it on the harder difficulties as I don't think it would stand up to the repetition, too many other games on the market that are better and competing for my time.

If I were into this sort of game I think I'd be waiting for Torchlight II rather than buying D3.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Diet. Woman. Help.

All desperately needed. 3,000% guaranteed to die as one of Humanity's slightly irate virgins.

D.

He's actually a lot more "normal" then he appears, 90% of his videos are as you would guess "Staged" but watch some of his other more serious videos.

Genuine guy and actually has a solid point most of the time.

Yaris Hybrid
Sunday 20th at 13:55, 5 days after release and I cannot log in and play again because of error 37...

n2x

e60/f10
Bought it, love most of it but "hell" difficulty is very hard. Cannot imagine finishing the game in "inferno". Some guys have already beaten diablo in the inferno difficulty 4 days after the release of the game lol.

Yaris Hybrid
If it were regular maintenance it would be done in the early hours. Even when servers need an urgent reboot or shut down they post messages warning you from 15 minutes in advance which in this case they didn't.

This is another major screw up it seems.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've been giving it a go, playing a Monk at the moment.

I'd say it is OK. It is a polished and competent game but it is a dated although I suppose the hardcore Diablo fans will like it because it is true to the originals?

I mentioned before that it looks like an indie game from Steam and I can now say that it plays like one too. If it had been £10 to £15 from Steam then it would have been a good solid piece of retro gaming.

As a full price game from a big developer and hyped as "game of the year" it falls a bit flat though.

I probably won't repeat it on the harder difficulties as I don't think it would stand up to the repetition, too many other games on the market that are better and competing for my time.

If I were into this sort of game I think I'd be waiting for Torchlight II rather than buying D3.

It's very true to the originals - even going as far as having plenty of strumming guitars in the music. Diablo was always about being a straight-forward dungeon hack at its core and it follows this structure closely in the third installment. So far, so good for me - but I do understand what you're saying. If you were waiting for 12 years for the third game to be a true genre changer - D3 definitely isn't it.

As for Torchlight, it felt a lot like the previous Diablo games (which it should do as a lot of the Diablo team worked on it) - but it didn't have the Blizzard 'polish' for me. I think my Steam account shows about 7 hours played and I doubt I'll go any further with it. The pet idea in Torchlight was great though - especially where you could load it with items that it would run back to town and 'sell' for you. Nice touch that.

Torchlight II does look promising and for the price point - it potentially could embarrass Diablo 3 - especially if the multiplayer aspect plays as good as it looks in the video trailers.

Bought it, love most of it but "hell" difficulty is very hard. Cannot imagine finishing the game in "inferno". Some guys have already beaten diablo in the inferno difficulty 4 days after the release of the game lol.

Lol. No doubt these people will have booked a week off work on day of release and just hammered it in coop? The Hardcore difficulty sounds good - where once a character dies it's gone for good. I think I'll start a multiplayer character like that - but leave my SP character in wuss mode.

D.

Fiesta ST-2
I'm enjoying this so far, not enjoying the servers going down though. The auction is a great place to get better equipment, most people have no clue what stuff is worth.

Nissan 350z
Amen to that. My Barbarian relies on every 10 levels or so, me buying a new 2hander off the Auction House and flogging my previous one back to the Auction House. So much choice for roughly 4000gold :)

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
It's kinda bad atm that you can get gear that is almost twice as good as the stuff you can make for usually about half the price. Can get fully kitted out in insane gear for your level for about 10 - 15k which really isn't hard to make. Well, at least for level 10 - 30 characters.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
After getting through the bevy of release date errors, Diablo 3 players are finding their accounts under attack. It’s not clear whether it’s an exploitable glitch within Diablo 3 or improperly secured accounts on the client side, but many accounts on Diablo 3 have been hacked on May 19 and 20. Those who have recent activity with an account named “leyiong”, “Nevin”, “SBJunkie”, “luckllezz”, “McLeast” or any other person you know you never played with are almost assuredly the victims of this hacking and will need to take steps to re-secure their account as well as get their items back.

Blizzard’s answer to the mass of hacked Diablo 3 accounts, is, "Change your password and get an authenticator" - though many accounts with authenticators have also been among those hacked.

You can also submit a ticket to support and authorize an account roll back. This will take your character back some levels - how many will depend on when Blizzard staff can reset your account back to - and return some of your gold and items. Be aware that there are restrictions on the number of rollbacks available - it seems to be two based on answers to submitted tickets - and that being hacked more than once will cause your account to be banned permanently from using the soon-to-be-released real money auction house.

Most likely this group of hackers is preparing for the opening of the Diablo 3 real money auction house. This is just a taste of what’s to come in the future when the auction house officially opens and hackers everywhere try to steal goods and gold to sell for real cash.

This reporter, after having her own account with authenticator hacked, firmly believes this is a serious security breach on Blizzard’s side, though they either do not want to admit it, or are still unaware of the problem. Many who have had their account on Diablo 3 hacked were logged in at the time of the hack and support staff tells them there was no evidence of their account being hacked. That indicates there is an exploit in the system being taken advantage of.

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Have seen quite a lot of complaints on the forums about lost items / gold etc. Seems that hackers have already found a way to exploit accounts, fantastic!... To think.. all this wouldn't be a problem if it was offline with optional multiplayer.. XD

Nissan 350z
Im skeptical of these hacking reports, seems like a website just trying to grab headlines and visitors. I have the authenticator application installed on my phone and its served me well through years of WoW and until i see otherwise i cant see why it wouldnt do the same here for Diablo.

MK3 Clio DCI 86
Just completed it on normal yay! Time for the next difficulty :)

How is this game so damn good ? All you do is click on the floor to move and click a monster to attack....yet it's so addictive :(

n2x

e60/f10
lol exactly my thought simmo. Act 1 inferno at the moment, died 7 times because of the blue ones. Don´t even want to know about ancients lol.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just completed it on normal yay! Time for the next difficulty :)

How is this game so damn good ? All you do is click on the floor to move and click a monster to attack....yet it's so addictive :(

Went on about 7.30pm last night - hoping for a quick half-hour. Next thing I knew it was 21.46....

Fecking game.

D.

Nissan 350z
I died for the first time last night on the Act2 end boss, Baliel? :(
I went in, popped all my cooldowns to get him down only for him to transform, go back to full HP and hand me my ass. Got him the 2nd time though once i knew what to expect.

work for BMW
Is there an option to change language ? If I brought a French version ccould I change it?

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I died for the first time last night on the Act2 end boss, Baliel? :(
I went in, popped all my cooldowns to get him down only for him to transform, go back to full HP and hand me my ass. Got him the 2nd time though once i knew what to expect.

He has some nasty abilities (specially with navigating with the mouse) I'm about to hit him on nightmare and fully expect to be stuck for a few days lol

Astra CDTI SRI
Anyone got a spare guess pass they're not using and want to throw my way?

Wouldn't mind trying it and seeing if I like it.

Chuck me a PM if you do.

Ta.

n2x

e60/f10
Dont be bothered sargey, every time theres a patch the server goes down for the whole day. Error 37&73 ftw.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I must be really, really lucky. I've not had one server-based issue with this yet.

In fact, I've not had an issue with it full stop.

D.

Lucky Indeed, got Booted off yesterday with "Error 1 Unable to create your own Party" followed by 3 hours off "Error 37" then the scheduled maintenance after. Good game, the downtime's getting a bit much though (Specially if you can only pop on now and then)

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Just got it from work, tried to log on - it's now stuck on "Retrieving Hero List"

Bet it's down down for a few hours again :dead:

F82 M4
It better not be, I've barely had time to play this game due to the weather so I've commited myself for a few hours tonight with a few beers!

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
It better not be, I've barely had time to play this game due to the weather so I've commited myself for a few hours tonight with a few beers!

I've managed to get on the American servers, Euro ones seem to be iffy at the mo. Least you have beer :D

EDIT: Euro back up now

EDIT EDIT: Things just went down AGAIN

Last edited:
  LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Has anybody made it into Inferno yet ? I have a few mates who are doing it and they said it was nails (Barbarian's) but I don't seem to be having much trouble going through as a wizard - Only on act 1 however so hoping it will get harder.

F82 M4
Has anybody made it into Inferno yet ? I have a few mates who are doing it and they said it was nails (Barbarian's) but I don't seem to be having much trouble going through as a wizard - Only on act 1 however so hoping it will get harder.

Wait 'till you get to Belial! I had to buy some serious equipment from the Auction House to smash her, still took me a good 6-7 tries!