ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC] Diablo 3

F82 M4

Out on the 15th May.

Anyone else getting it? I am without a doubt! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
  work for BMW
Used to play diablo2 back in the day and loved it but IMO games have moved on, the game play trailer of 3 looks so similar to gameplay of 2 ,only improved graphics. Think I'll skip it

RX7 FD
Played the whole Beta stress test weekend. To test classes and get a feel for the game.....it is pretty epic and that was just to the Skeleton King which is roughly half way through act 1. Buying it without a doubt.

RX7 FD
Used to play diablo2 back in the day and loved it but IMO games have moved on, the game play trailer of 3 looks so similar to gameplay of 2 ,only improved graphics. Think I'll skip it

I can confirm that the gameplay is very very good. Skills sets and runes are going to add a whole new aspect to the game. In my opinion it will be better than D2.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've been waiting for this for sooooooo long. I hope it lives up to my expectations! :D

Snap. Check out my pre-order date from Play..... ;)

D3order.jpg

D.

Yaris Hybrid
Never played a Diablo game before.

I am getting it for free as a part of that deal from subscribing to WoW. I hope it isn't as repetitive and RNG based as that game...

Starting with low expectations so I will see if I get hooked or not.

Nothing at the mo :(

I am getting it for free as a part of that deal from subscribing to WoW. I hope it isn't as repetitive and RNG based as that game...

ALT-F4.... You dont deserve the tinernet!!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

The original Diablo (along with the original Red Alert) were the first two games I played in multiplayer over the internet. Believe it or not, Diablo was quite stable when playing alongside my cousin in Melbourne over a 28.8k modem. ;)

It will be interesting to see which way Blizzard heads with this. The formulaic dungeon crawler has been done to death over the years and with some pretty impressive results, like the Dungeon Siege series and the excellent Titan Quest : Immortal Throne. Given that Diablo 2 is now nearly 12 years old - the expectations will be so much higher for the third installment.

Like you, I'll keep my expectations quite low and see what happens. :)

D.

Nissan 350z
Ordered mine from Play.com as well, but its £34.99 now on their website.
I played the free weekend and got a mage to lvl11, i didnt want to over-do it too much because that would taint my play through when i get the game for real.

Last edited:
  1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Just over an hour to go until I attempt to play this :D Got the digital pre-download :D Let's hope that the servers don't crash!

Bux

Golf GTD
I'll be on it in less than 5 minutes :p If you bought the pre-download from Blizzard you can play it from 00:00 CEST (11:00pm GMT)

Edit:

Well the game is released and you can play it now, however the servers are so busy that you can't log in haha

Last edited:
  1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Ah yeah, thought it was midnight tonight not 11 :D Trying to log in, but ofc servers are busy :p

EDIT: Hand's are already tired from repeatedly typing in my password to try and log in.. It's times like this when I regret having such a long and complicated password XD Currently getting error 37 and 75, both related to the servers being busy ;)

EDIT2: Sigh.. Just got to a page where I had to enter my authenticator and accepted a load of agreements but then it timed out so I lost my log-in spot ;(

Last edited:

Bux

Golf GTD
Ah yeah, thought it was midnight tonight not 11 :D Trying to log in, but ofc servers are busy :p

EDIT: Hand's are already tired from repeatedly typing in my password to try and log in.. It's times like this when I regret having such a long and complicated password XD Currently getting error 37 and 75, both related to the servers being busy ;)

That's why you type you password into somewhere like notepad and then copy it. That way you only have to keep pressing Ctrl + V to put in your password ;)

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
That's why you type you password into somewhere like notepad and then copy it. That way you only have to keep pressing Ctrl + V to put in your password ;)

Good thinking batman!

EDIT: It's going to end up being midnight by the time I can actually play!!

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I had despatch confirmation from Play for my copy today.

Fair play to Play - they honoured my pre-order price of £24.99, which I'm pretty impressed with! Just a shame D3 doesn't have the necromancer class of D2. That was brilliant. :)

D.

Nissan 350z
I had the confirmation of mine being posted on Friday but still no sign of it from Play.com, hopefully it will turn up later today. Not too bothered though because true to form, the servers were down for the midnight launch due to being hammered.

work for BMW
please let me know how the game is, i used to love diablo2 and this is tempting me slowly

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Well, clocked up 7 hours on my Wizard now, just in to Act II and I have to say, this game is amazing.

The graphics are just awesome despite it not being that harsh on your PC, the physics engine is just hilarious when you KO a mob and it just flies across the room. The spell affects are also really really good, and I'm loving the system where you can customize your spells to how you want them to be with various runes etc. The ability to go back to town at any time (when you're not fighting) by pressing T is also amazing, because once you're back in town you simply click on the portal and then you're straight back where you teleported from, so no need to drop items to make room for more valuable ones, simply sell them!

The story and cut scenes so far is really solid, the cinematic are really, really high quality as you can see from the trailer.

My only gripes with this game at the moment is that the servers are, as expected pretty laggy sometimes, and it can take a while to log in. But I'm sure that it'll get sorted shortly. There are ofc a few bugs as you would expect from any new game but none are game breaking.. Apart from one with the Demon Hunter where if you give your companion a shield that you've already equipped you cant log in.. XD

Yaris Hybrid
I have plenty of other games to be getting on with and to be honest now that Diablo is out I really don't care so much to play it. I was interested a year ago when I signed up for it but not now. I tried briefly to log in when I got home from work but it wasn't having it and I barely want to play this game at all so I will be buggered if I am sitting there spamming the log in when I can do thousands of things that are more rewarding.

In some ways I don't sympathise that much with the people that desperately insist on playing it on launch day but then I feel they have a valid point about this being a single player game.... You expect queues and log in problems on Warcraft when a new expansion is released for obvious reasons. The problem comes now that single player games are requiring you to log into a server as I think people are rightly far less tolerant of that screwing up.

As an anology I expect the cinema to be full and have no spots for me on the day the new Batman film is released but when I buy it on DVD I don't expect to put it in my DVD player at home and get a message saying "too many people are watching this DVD please try again later"... That is the sort of thing that causes me to boycot products and I will remember it when Blizzard try selling me the inevitable expansion packs.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Your analogy makes no sense at all since this is the day the game is being released and historically online games are like this for the first couple of days, Everquest II was like it, WoW was like it, Age of Conan was like it, Vanguard was like it and several others i've played in my time.

You could argue that this isn't an online game but essentially it is, they have tried to merge the singleplayer and multiplayer experience.

I hope more people are like you and boycot things that way it'll be less trouble for the rest of us.

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Bit of an odd analogy that's for sure. I just wish that they could implement an offline mode so people that just want to power through it on their own don't have to put up with all the downsides that come with the online experience.

But alas, it'll be gone in a week.

work for BMW
lol an offline version would defy the whole blizzard diable wow rpg thing, the online is what makes their games amazing

Yaris Hybrid
Tacking on some multiplayer options that I could quiet happily shove in the bin and live without doesn't cut it for me. WoW is fully "online" to its core and I know it well, but for me this Diablo is a totally different kettle of fish.

This is a single player game with a coop mode and people can't play the solo mode. I'd be inclined to go with Cookies view that it is a DRM thing which in a lot of games lately appears to punish people for buying legit copies instead of pirating.

Anyway I just managed to log on so that part of the discussion is irrelevant now although I do have a beef with this trend of "online" DRM in single player games. Not in principle I might add as I NEVER pirate games and always have a web connection. I really only have a beef when the companies screw up and deny legit players access whilst pirates merrily play away.

Kind of underwhelmed by the graphics so far. Well very disappointed to be truthful. It is all on high settings and runs smoothly but it looks no better than £5 indie games I've purchased off steam!

I'd describe the graphics as "isometric World of Warcraft quality" when I was kind of hoping for something that doesn't look like zooming my camera out in an 8 year old MMORPG! I think the graphics demonstrate how long this game has been in development but I accept from a business perspective it makes sense for the game to be able to run on a wide range of machines.

I won't give up on it just yet as I have some really close Real ID friends that I've know for years in WoW who I wanna play with but I don't think I will devote too much of myself to this one.

I will say that having quests voice acted is better than Warcraft and the voice acting is pretty good from what I've heard so far.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Going in with an open mind on this. D1 was ground-breaking at the time and D2 was a much more complete, much more 'open' game that previous.

I won't lie, but after a 12-year hiatus - I'm kind of hoping for some solid gameplay with the third installment. I'm really favouring co-op games recently - especially those with excellent replay value like Company of Heroes. Get online and get a couple of mates along - those that you'll know how they will react or deal with a certain situation. Makes the game so much more rewarding, imo - without having to rely on some randomer joining you online.

D.

Nissan 350z
Mine arrived in the post yesturday from Play.com, im glad it took alittle longer to arrive as it means ive missed most of the problems with servers being down on launch day preventing login etc.

Im playing through as a Barbarian currently its a right laugh. Im loving the fact this is the same Diablo 2 we all know and love, i would have hated it if they did the old trick of getting a bunch of new devs in and then a statement like "we have taken the game to a new place, and updated it with our vision for 2012" and ruined it trying to make it something its not. Its a major nostalgia trip :)

I just wish it was possible to have an option to use followers in 2 player games, making the total 4.

n2x

e60/f10
If anyone got a guest pass that he wants to share, please do. I´d like to try it before buying :(

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Just completed it on normal mode, in a word: Amazing! Really can't see any faults with it. I don't know what more you expect graphic's wise, I thought the environments and spell effects look spot on for the genre.

Now looking forward to a challenge in the form of Nightmare mode and beyond! :D