ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/ Consoles] Crysis 2 Official Thread

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Re: [PC/ Consoles] Crysis 2

Minimum System Requirements for Crytek loading screen...

OS – Windows XP or Windows Vista
Processor – 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster* (Vista)
Memory – 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
Video Card –256 MB**
Hard Drive – 12GB
Sound Card – DirectX 9.0c compatible

* Supported Processors: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista) or faster, Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista) or faster, AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista) or faster.
** Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Integrated chipsets are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

Recommended System Requirements for main title screen

OS – Windows XP / Vista
Processor – Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Memory – 2.0 GB RAM
GPU – NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar

Looks like I can play recommended! :D

^^^ - looks about right, to me. ;)

D.

Evo 5 RS
There will be traces of portage in it for sure. Normally the difficulty. Only so much you can do with a clumpy controller. Will still look 100x better on PC, especially in 3D:cool:

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I read an article by them saying that have made it more playable on the PC's and have been forced to make it on the consoles due to piracy on the PC they cannot afford a pc exclusive. They said the increase in performance is not down to reduced quality however, just better programming and not making the same mistakes they did on the first game.

Followed crysis since the beginning and im deffo getting the nano edition for that epic back pack !

Last edited:
Can't wait to use the nanosuit again. People who thought Crysis was linear and repetitive, clearly weren't using the suit to it's full potential. That and the fact they're wrong.

I certainly wont be getting this as soon as it comes out, as I was thoroughly disappointed with the first.....in other words.....it was s**t.

I'll wait for reviews and opinions first on this one.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The first one was awesome, I'm afraid by the looks of this one it will be a more multiplayer orientated game rather than a focused single-player one, which I for one won't prefer. It seems to be trying to enter the COD market from the look of the videos.

Graphically is was amazing, as was the physics.....but it was just the usual FPS game.

Go here.......do that.......now go here.......do this.........

......and the 'boss' at the end! LOL I thought I was playing Sonic for a second!

No it wasn't. It was the exact opposite. Clearly, like so many others, you didn't use the nanosuit to its full potential. Dozens of different ways to approach almost everything. Exactly what most shooters don't do. IMO.

Evo 5 RS
This is true, but the best part of the game is the first section. I loved replaying it seeing how many ways I could fcuk over the soldiers. I wouldn't say this one looks more MP orientated either. Sure, it's got some new modes, but the originals MP was fcuking shocking. Think they've just tried to improve on it a little. The main reason I say this is because they're also releasing 'Warefare' which is a stand alone MP shooter. SP still looks the muts. The demo on Xbox Live only did make me laugh though. Microsoft pay through the nose for this silly exclusive business. No-one-cares any more..

Ok so you can approach things slightly differently, but everyone has to do the same thing. Thats why I love playing Fallout.....every person would have played it slightly differently.

Crysis just felt so linear just like the COD games.

Crysis MP was quite good though, using the suit to hide or leggit to tasks.

I doubt I'll even try the MP. Campaign is how I roll. Change of scenery should be interesting with the Nanosuit 2 :approve:

Not a 320d
Lol, we used to struggle to play this....

Pics-from-in-the-game-crysis-722279_1278_720.jpg

Makes no odds when you're faced with the choice between the control method of kings; keyboard & mouse, or the control method of pikeys; two rubber butt plugs.

That or the choice between pinsharp high-res graphics, or muddy/jaggy upscaled 720 pmsl ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I think I'd rather play it on a console, even if I had access to a PC and despite it looking better on PC.

For the amount of difference I'd notice, I'd rather play with friends on campaign or MP. I sit at a desk all day, so it's not really recreational for me.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I tried to play it the other night but it struggled to connect to games and then when I did as soon as the game started it lost the connection, couldn't be arsed to try again. I'm in the middle of sorting out my home office this weekend so the likelihood is I won't touch this until atleast Monday.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The first one was awesome, I'm afraid by the looks of this one it will be a more multiplayer orientated game rather than a focused single-player one, which I for one won't prefer. It seems to be trying to enter the COD market from the look of the videos.

I hope to god you're wrong. Let the likes of COD and Battlefield deal with the FPS multiplayer aspects. I want my Crysis to be an epic single player game above all else. Much in the same way that the Half-Life series was. I want the story and the general brilliance of it all to immerse me - and not get pissed at the fact that some 12 year old has capped me with juggernaut, quadruple-tap, scavenger epic-pro, death-machine perks. Through a wall. At 500 metres.

Great initial review that - good commentator. :)

D.

Last edited by a moderator:

AK

M240i
I can't play this!!!

Every time I load the demo I get as far as joining a game and it freezes :s!!

182 Full of Fat
The MP is absolutely superb imo, had a a pretty bad feeling about it the 1st few games I played but once you get a feeling for the maps and guns etc it is top notch.

The feel is so much better than most MP games of late, it doesn't feel heavy/lethargic etc (has more of a COD feel - movement wise, obv not AS arcadey though).

Gaming rig for campaign :cool:
Xbox for MP

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Think it looks epic personally. Will see how it rolls on my 4870x2 before i upgrade. That being said, i don't 'require' 60fpx x8 AA sort of action.