ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PBS brake pads

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Will do mate.

I've used them heavily on the road too and they've been fine.

Are your calipers in good condition? Mine have just been rebuilt.
They looked ok on inspection, know i need a new rear drivers one as the nipples snapped :mad: will replace the rears as a pair then the fronts in the next few months as they are the originals anyway and probably tired

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
We've been selling these a while and they are a bit different to the CL Brakes. CL Brakes will give instant bite, whereas these need a little bit of heat to get them at optimum temperature. By this nature they are a little more progressive on the pedal so arguably a little easier to modulate. They wear better than the RC6 and offer more bite when hot than the RC5.
Its not an endurance pad compound so dont expect to be doing 5-6 trackdays but they are still cheap for what you get.
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...rorace-brake-pads-renaultsport-rs172-182.html

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
We've been selling these a while and they are a bit different to the CL Brakes. CL Brakes will give instant bite, whereas these need a little bit of heat to get them at optimum temperature. By this nature they are a little more progressive on the pedal so arguably a little easier to modulate. They wear better than the RC6 and offer more bite when hot than the RC5.
Its not an endurance pad compound so dont expect to be doing 5-6 trackdays but they are still cheap for what you get.
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...rorace-brake-pads-renaultsport-rs172-182.html

I remember when I was one of the first to use them and remember you saying they look like rebranded EBC told you they were good

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I remember when I was one of the first to use them and remember you saying they look like rebranded EBC told you they were good
Yeah I was a bit worried it was not going to match expectations lol. Its because they use the similar backing plate retension hooks but they certainly are so much better. I'm not a fan of advertising off a sponsored race series where there is no choice of anything else as you cannot get a guage to how it performs. Nothing like a good bit of testing to put your mind at rest though. I think the championship winning Ktec clio last year was on them and people can use whatever they like there...

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Any more feedback lads? Had my first track day yesterday and hated the CL6 pads. Want something else. Thinking DS1.11 but PBS sound good!!!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Any more feedback lads? Had my first track day yesterday and hated the CL6 pads. Want something else. Thinking DS1.11 but PBS sound good!!!

Still all good for me.

Make sure you use them front and rear too, otherwise it's hard to say how good they'd be with just the fronts and oem rears.

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Still all good for me.

Make sure you use them front and rear too, otherwise it's hard to say how good they'd be with just the fronts and oem rears.

That’s it’s. The rears make hell of a difference especially if your running a bias valve

Not tried the PBS pads but the DS1.11's last ages, work from cold and have a really nice progressive pedal and great consistent bite.

Just ordered a set for the VRS.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Is there anyone doing any deals on these? Been thinking of getting the track ones but I know people was getting the rears as well, although a black Friday deal rings a bell.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Is there anyone doing any deals on these? Been thinking of getting the track ones but I know people was getting the rears as well, although a black Friday deal rings a bell.
They were doing fronts with a free set of rears a while back. Think it was about £120.

Now for the rear pads alone it's about £70 which I refused to pay 😂 Standard brembo rears have felt identical so far and I've still got air in my brakes.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
They were doing fronts with a free set of rears a while back. Think it was about £120.

Now for the rear pads alone it's about £70 which I refused to pay 😂 Standard brembo rears have felt identical so far and I've still got air in my brakes.

Yeah but you aren't giving them death on track 😂

Standard brembo are fine for the road.

Ph2 172, R34 Skyline
Fitted some PBS fronts, HC discs and new OEM rears last week and have been giving it death in preparation for my track evening on Monday. Seem good so far, very positive on the pedal and nice enough modulation. I'll have better feedback after Monday if anyone's interested!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
@Louis that's what I was thinking. If there was a deal with a set, I'd be on it but it does seem that £70 extra over what it was puts me off a tad.

Hear many people say that the rears don't do a lot, baybe because they've not put proper rear pads in? I never have so I can't comment really.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
@Louis that's what I was thinking. If there was a deal with a set, I'd be on it but it does seem that £70 extra over what it was puts me off a tad.

Hear many people say that the rears don't do a lot, baybe because they've not put proper rear pads in? I never have so I can't comment really.

You won't feel the benefit of uprated pads in the rear on the road mate.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
If you have a bias valve on track then you can probably use a standard pad and increase braking. People like me certainly dont so I use race pads on the back to maximise rear friction and brake balance. If you think rear pads are valueless then £70 is going to be too much despite being cheap for a race pad (ferodo is nearly twice the price)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry @Kev@KAM what I should say is I've never put race pads in the rear of my clios, so I can't comment on the difference.

Have read many times that people say the rears don't do a lot, so for me I it seemed not worth to put pads that are £40 extra in for no benefit. However, if there was a deal where the rears come with the fronts, then it would be a no brainer.

Car is used on the road as a daily and also a sprited drive car. It'll never be tracked.

Was looking at PBS track, rather than the race compound.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
The rears dont do a lot but they dont do nothing :D Thats down to where the weight is when braking and how much weight transfer there is.
For a road car just slap on some Motrio rear pads and you'll be fine.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
The rears dont do a lot but they dont do nothing :D Thats down to where the weight is when braking and how much weight transfer there is.
For a road car just slap on some Motrio rear pads and you'll be fine.

That's exactly what I've got on mine. Cheap, but effective!

Ph2 172, R34 Skyline
Just to follow up briefly, the PBS pads held up to some real abuse. Very little fade, good feel, easy to warm up, pretty dusty though 😂

E52971FD-36A5-4371-81DF-CD01437C9784.jpeg