ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PBS brake pads

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
been looking for some new pads, ideally want them to be good for everyday but still cope on track but not squeal like a pig. Stumbled upon the PBS's pads anyone ever used them before?

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
PBS Prorace Brake Pads are high performance track/race brake pads that provide a great bite with pedal feel from cold.

With excellent brake fade resistance and an operating temperature of 0 to 800°C, this pad will handle most serious braking conditions.

Perfect for sprints, time attack and circuit racing.

All PBS brake pads are put through a heat curing treatment during the manufacturing process and 'burns out' unwanted materials in advance, reducing the gases that can cause brake fade. Because of this treatment, PBS brake pads only require light 'bedding in'.

When on track, brake pads are subjected to pressure from caliper pistons as well as high friction heat. Performance Brake Solutions have undergone extensive brake pad testing in order to keep the brake pad remaining flat throughout the race in order to offer optimal performance. The high quality steel backing plate used on PBS brake pads feature tiny little hooks to ensure that the brake pad compound will not part from the backing plate.

Made by racing drivers for racing drivers.

Supplied as a set.

PBS Brake Pad Bedding-in Process:

PBS brake pads should be bedded in until they are up to mid range working temperature and then allowed to cool properly. Doing this process will help to remove any gases that were in the pad compound and will create a perfect contact pattern between the brake disc and the brake pads.

PBS recommend 10 stops at low pressure and low temperature from 90MPH to approximately 50MPH, and the distance between each brake stop is to be approximately 600 to 800 meters.

note: image is for illustration purposes and may differ on delivery

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
as mentioned, no info on the compounds used etc on their site

some of the civic lads use them as the guy who's' company it is , runs in that championship from what I can gather

Some people are saying these are rebranded ebc pads, again not sure which compounds or if this is true, but they do use the same backing plates as ebc so could tie in

Until someone does some unbiased/honest testing against the market leaders like Ferodo Racing DS.11, Pagid RS29 then I'm a bit sceptical

I've just bought a set of DS1.11 so will be interesting to see how they compare to all the other pads I've used, I'm expecting good things from them though, will review them against the likes of the RC5+, RC8, DS2500, M1155 etc once I've done Bylton this weekend.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
They're brilliant pads, @JB21 make sure you file them so have room to expand/have 1mm of vertical movement and bed them in properly mate

I've just bought a set of DS1.11 so will be interesting to see how they compare to all the other pads I've used, I'm expecting good things from them though, will review them against the likes of the RC5+, RC8, DS2500, M1155 etc once I've done Bylton this weekend.
Just thought I'd give a quick update on the DS1.11s, only driven around 20 min with them but wow, the pedal had really stiffened up, but progression is perfect and stopping power is very, very good. Will see how they perform on track now.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
No worries Phil happy to help.

There on eBay until tomo, collection might be an issue for people. See how it goes.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I'm due to race on these on Monday so Will let you know how they compare to RC6.

Hoping they are a bit more progressive and don't need much bedding in mind haha!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Used mine yesterday at Combe
Bedded them in during qually and were spot on.
Only managed to lock up once totally driver error. Prefer them massively over RC6 much less grabby, lasted the whole season no problem.
Very impressed for the money.

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Used mine yesterday at Combe
Bedded them in during qually and were spot on.
Only managed to lock up once totally driver error. Prefer them massively over RC6 much less grabby, lasted the whole season no problem.
Very impressed for the money.
Whats the noise level like from them bud? What discs are you using? Ill be on brembo hc on the front and oem on rear

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Same discs as you. Tbh didn't really notice any noise but then again mine's a race car that doesn't see the road..

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
just to update this.
no noise to speak of, AWESOME pads. only get a very slight noise if its below -1 (with brake ducts) for the first few brake applications.
Would recommend them to anyone as a pad

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
I’ve been using these in my Clio for a good few months now.

Amazing pads and I wouldn’t buy any others apart from these. You have zero brake fade at all.

I’ve taken a few lads out in my car around three sisters and Anglesey and they both commented on how good the brakes are.

And who ever says they are rebranded ebc is nonsense. One of my rear pads fell out at Donington. So put ebc yellow stuff pads in the drivers side rear as I had them to hand. The car was all over the place pulling to the left when braking. I had to put the bias valve to front brakes only.