ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Patching a cracked exhaust?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Can this be done easily or at all?

Mine is very slightly blowing from somewhere, it's just the excuse I need to go for the MR230 pack which has the exhaust included but knowing Mountune it could be a good few weeks before I can get it fitted.

Paste? Bandage? Welding?

What are my options?

53 Clio's & counting
it all depends where its blowing from Mark - going on the age of yours I'd hazard a guess it wont be a split in a pipe as that tends to happen on older exhausts, so im guessing a join somewhere (maybe from excessive engine movement from something like track driving? ;) ) so if that's the cause a bit of putty put on there would block it for a few weeks and the cheapest.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Thanks Russ.

As Russ said, it's most likely a joint. Get under and if it's blowing bad enough to warrant a repair you'll see where it's coming from as it'll be all sooted up. Undo the joint, fill with exhaust paste and do it back up again and that'll be sorted.
If it's a crack in a weld, a garage can easily do that.

RB Clio 182
Its a fairly new car for the exhaust to be blowing isnt it?

Made out of the same metal as a clio 1*2?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if you get under it when its first started in the morning you should be able to see the condensation dripping out the part its blowing from, give you a better idea where its coming from