ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painting calliper help

Flamer ph2 172
I'm thinking about painting my brake callipers but not really sure how to go a out it, don't have that much technical knowledge so don't really want to take them off to do it, what do I need to do it e.g what paint to use cleaning them first and so on, any help would be great

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Wire brush the callipers off.
Brake cleaner
Hammerite Smooth black or silver

Just use a fine brush to paint them and you will be fine!

Flamer ph2 172
Thanks for your help guys not sure what colour to go,for was thinking red I want to get some black alloys for it at some point and think they would look nice with red callipers but not sure as the standard wheels will be on there for a while

172 cup, Impreza P1
If you use the car on track do not use hammerite. I did and the paint blistered like a chafed joggers nipple.

I use VHT paint now and not had any issues at all.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Done mine today with Hammerite, in situ. Not an amazing job as it was boring as f*ck and I lost patience tbh.

I used some silver high temp manifold spray paint, sprayed it into the lid and used a tiny little brush to apply it and they are spot on

Flamer ph2 172
Black it is then just ordered some brake cleaner a tin of black 250ml heat resist paint think I will have a crack next week