ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Outside temp sensor

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It's a sure giveaway when the scottish weatehr becomes tropical. Apparently it's 41deg outside...nice eh...

Ok how do i check/fix this...

Audi TT 3.2 V6
mine reports the temp between 53&56 :( only got he ca yday but cant b arsed take it back over that...but wud like it to work properly.

SLK 350
Hmm im not sure of the wiring of the sensor, and where it goes after leaving the passenger wing mirror, so can't help im afraid.

Wouldn't be a case of disconnecting the battery would it to 'reboot' the sensor perhaps?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
hahaha

mine started showing 49 C the other day thaught thats odd considering ive disconnected the bastid wing mirror.....

....this mornign it was showing as -43 C so it was a tad cold!!!

:headno:

Clio 1.4, SV650S
the sensor is wired to the plugs on the back of the dash display. perhaps check the contacts?

4k725Cthermistor.gif

More info on the back of the LCD display

the black and brown wires where that thermistor is plugged in. though i doubt there is a problem there! it is very solid on my car. this may shed more light i hope!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
^^ cud be water gettign into the wiring of the wing mirror

Inside the door take off all the coverings (small triangle peice) to get to wing mirror bolts (easy job)

Take off the connector and clean out or disperse the water that may be trapped there.

I found this was the problem with mine as my connector is unplugged and had got a little wet.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
I can't remember the last time I actually noticed the temp sensor readout!!

If you're shivering it's cold. If you're sweating it's hot. Anywhere inbetween, who cares!

Megane Mk4
I had that problem in my old 172, The temp gauge got that high in readings it would then switch the display off!! lol.... It's funny now but at the time you wonder if it really is 89C outside! lol ... Dont think so in sunny yorkshire!! ;o))

Got a 1.2 Extreme 4 without the temp sensor module fitted but would like to get one fitted in my car. I can see the pixels on the screen where it displays the temperature but it doesn't light up.

Can I just add a thermistor on here to make it work?

a716 said:
Got a 1.2 Extreme 4 without the temp sensor module fitted but would like to get one fitted in my car. I can see the pixels on the screen where it displays the temperature but it doesn't light up.

can you see a nipple on your mirror?

should be on the bottom of the N/S mirror, thats the actual sensor which is wired up behind the clock as above ^ ^

if your car is nipple-less then you wont be able to get it to work :)

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
a716 said:

Same request as me really...

Ad

MK2 FRS
I think if you pruchase the sendor and wiring can be connect to any wing mirror. Mine has a space on the drivers wing mirror for the 'nipple'!!

Will try this tomorrow and see how I get on. I have the 'nipple' bit and wire from another temperature sensor I got a while ago.

Cupra
Mine started showing 35 degrees today but the snow was hinting towards as slightly different temp outside.

Has anybody actually managed to fix this themselves? Blowdryer to the wingmirror to dry it out perhaps?

I'll reply properly later but have a look for a recient topic I posted on this subject tells you all about the wiring on them etc.

Cupra
I had a look through 8 pages of your posts but could not come up with the right topic.. sorry!

Any help would be appreciated though.