ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Out with the new and in with the old...

Looks really nice mate. Any plans for it?

Keep it clean and tidy for now. i would love to put it on throttle bodies, cams, strip it, cage, but it is an old car and all that costs money. this car has been looked after so it would be a shame to modify it in anyway. so it is staying standard for now as it may be worth a bit in a few years time (there are around 970 valvers registered in the uk and black is said to be the rarest colour as it is a typical colour for kids to drive very fast!!)

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah you don't see many decent black ones now.

Stripping, cams etc is all fun but can be bit much on a daily. Luckily my journey is 5 mins so I don't get headaches too much.

Yeah you don't see many decent black ones now.

Stripping, cams etc is all fun but can be bit much on a daily. Luckily my journey is 5 mins so I don't get headaches too much.

Ahh just seen that you have a mk1.. going to have a look on your profile now.. not many people on here with mk1s.. and if they are its a 1.2 birratz with some 17inch wolfrace alloys on it!

Yep used to have one and made the stupid mistake of selling it:mad: after chucking alot of money at it..

Really good cars imo and prefer them to my 182

Yep used to have one and made the stupid mistake of selling it:mad: after chucking alot of money at it..

Really good cars imo and prefer them to my 182

They will only go up in price form now. clean and true ones are hard to find nowadays. i would be quick if i were you!

williams and trophy
003.jpg

my old one before i bought the williams.....i sold it to a local lad and told him to look after it. had to give him a slap 2 weeks later as i drove past it in a ditch.......w**ker....loved that car.

and both of them together.....

002.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Love these. That is a quality purchase! I had one in 2000 and loved it, then I bought a dog of one in 2008 and hated it!

If I could find one that wasn't shagged I'd defo buy one, I think they look well better than the 1*2's. Love it!!!! Sell it to meeeeeeeeee!!!!

Where in Lancs are you buddy?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I sold my first 1 to a lad in hutton, was 2001 though! which part of preston? I'll keep an eye out. tell me they're not the comfiest car seats ever in those things too!?

No way! what colour is it! I live in hutton! I nearly fell asleep in them the other day while hoovering the inside. The leather seats are in mine and they are ace. look wicked too!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
It won't be the same one, mine was a Ph2, yours looks like a ph1 with that grille - but you say it's a 1996?? That should be a ph2. mine was M323BGB. He lived over the road from hutton grammar (yes i went to that gay school too! few yrs ago though for me!!). the r19 16v and clio 16v have the comfiest seats ever made, I LOVED mine! Love the 3 bonus dials on the dash too and the quality head unit hiding flap thing!!

does yours whistle at 3k revs too? I want one!!!!

Last edited:
It won't be the same one, mine was a Ph2, yours looks like a ph1 with that grille. mine was M323BGB. He lived over the road from hutton grammar (yes i went to that gay school too! few yrs ago though for me!!). the r19 16v and clio 16v have the comfiest seats ever made, I LOVED mine! Love the 3 bonus dials on the dash too and the quality head unit hiding flap thing!!

does yours whistle at 3k revs too? I want one!!!!

How old are you mate? I went there too but im only 20 so wasnt that long ago i was there. I whistles all the way up to 8k! ecu has been changed. The thing that does it for me is the sunroof retractable curtains!!! they are the best! i laughed loudly when i found those bad boys!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
32 dude! I was in Stephen Borthwick's year. Yeah the sunroof curtain things I remember, as well as the sunroof that would p1ss water all over me when i went round a corner. If you're gonna get the wheels refurbed, I've found a place that powdercoats for £120 for a set. Not sure if they're any good yet but taking my turinis there soon. If you want somewhere closer there's a good place in Tarleton (rhino alloys) you could use. Get them highly polished and that car will look textbook so you can sell it to me.

32 dude! I was in Stephen Borthwick's year. Yeah the sunroof curtain things I remember, as well as the sunroof that would p1ss water all over me when i went round a corner. If you're gonna get the wheels refurbed, I've found a place that powdercoats for £120 for a set. Not sure if they're any good yet but taking my turinis there soon. If you want somewhere closer there's a good place in Tarleton (rhino alloys) you could use. Get them highly polished and that car will look textbook so you can sell it to me.
Stephen came back and started doing some more rugby coaching with some of the first teams while i was there. think everyone who goes to that school knows him. my uncle would have been year or two above you. Ben Henderson. Let me know how the turinis turn out as that seems a very decent price! but unfortunately i will not be selling it until i have got my fair usage out of it!.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
No way that's good. Hutton was good for the rugby like, shame i f**kin hated it! John Kirkpatrick went into rugby league too, think he's still at london broncos. he was year above me. Borthwick was always a big dude, never saw him taking up rugby professionally tho! he was one of the grade A students!
your uncles name rings a bell so thanks for making me feel old as frig!
what did you do with the R19 turbines?

haha. he is a young uncle so dont worry :p good school. you go to many meets on here at all? And the seller of the car wanted an extra £600 ontop of the price of the car to allow me to have the R19s :( he said he could get good money for them aswell. i personally prefer a nice set of turbines (these are a bit of a state)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Nah I CBA with meets and stuff. I'm not around here most the time anyway, in Manc a lot. £600 on top for the R19s?! Sod that. Get those turbines highly polished silver and you're onto a winner. Quite jealous. Keep your eye out on eBay or here for some centre caps with the bolt. I had em on my ph1 172 but they look gash on Mk2 clios.

Yeah he still has the centre caps at his house somewhere. he says he definately has them just a case of finding them and getting them to me! Im going to jump off here now as im at a wedding all day tomorrow :( its been nice meeting you mate and i shall see you around sometime either on here or on the roads making you jelous!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I miss my valvers, but yes the tool box was always out but it was worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, they look so aggressive with them bulges on the bonnet and wings!!!!!!!!!!!

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
looks in decent nick mate, can't beat a decent valver they have miles more presence than any 1*2.

just watch the rust on them, mine looked fine but had eaten it self from the inside out.

also black valvers ftw

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Nice. Get the centre caps on and the wheels refurbed and will look great. Had a white one brand new back in 1995, had it for 5 years, one of my all time favourite cars.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Nice purchase, I had a black valver back in 2000 and joined Cliosport at the same time... Cracking cars and with the flared arches and bonnet they do look the part, looks just right with the Turbines

IMG00716-20120404-1740.jpg

Gave it a good clean and polish today with some autoglym products. Cant wait to get the wheels refurbed soon to really finish the car off and get it looking right for the road ;)

Monaco 172
Imo the valver is the toy for the boy fair dos, i miss mine soooo much evrything is just so raw about them, power delivery, the look, the ride even the way the seats sit! Id go bak to another 1 anyday :)

BG 182
love it, ive had 3 of these and a williams and they are soooo much fun, although the 172 cup i have now is a more refined version, id definatley have another