ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Out with the new and in with the old...

As most of you on here already know that i own a clio 1.2 16v dynamique that has had a lot of money spent on it and i have turned it into a replica of a 172. Although 3 years down the line i have started to see that the replica route is not really for me and want an original and standard car that is what it says it is.

I set about looking for a new car that will suit my needs.

So after a long year of test driving 106 rallyes, Gti`s, vts` etc. i gave up for a bit as they were not really what i expected them to be. I thought long and hard before making the choice and....

Went from this....

427079_10150613626363984_576698983_9012105_1909511272_n-1.jpg

To this....

hyb3.jpg

It is a 1996 clio 1.8 16v (valver) It is completely standard apart from the mongoose exhaust, decat, air filter and oil breather.

I am so happy with it so far as everything is so basic and easy to keep. It drives so well (not to mention the power!!) It has full leather good condition seats and has been very well looked after.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Tom

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Hero!. Love these cars so so much. And also they are Renault 19 16V wheels ;)

IMG00713-20120404-0847.jpg

This is a picture of how it stands now. Turbines need refurbing then its more or less good to go. Thanks for the comments guys.

Disastra Coupe
Ignore the 'bad move' comments. It will take a bit more looking after but if you're willing to do that you'll love the car.

Bad move imo. Sounds harsh but the car is far too dated now.

When the seller took me out for a test drive i was in the passenger seat. everyone looks at the car as it has such a presence. Its not everyones cup of tea but looking outside your window at night and seeing this really puts a smile on your face. I have always had a soft spot for the old school cars.

DB.

BMW 440i
When the seller took me out for a test drive i was in the passenger seat. everyone looks at the car as it has such a presence. Its not everyones cup of tea but looking outside your window at night and seeing this really puts a smile on your face. I have always had a soft spot for the old school cars.

If it makes you happy and puts a smile on your fact then that is all that matters.

To say everyone looks at the car because it has such a presence is wrong though, 98% of the country will look at it as a 20 year old clio.

If it makes you happy and puts a smile on your fact then that is all that matters.

To say everyone looks at the car because it has such a presence is wrong though, 98% of the country will look at it as a 20 year old clio.

I agree it looks a little dated. but you never see them around anymore. If you see loads of the same type of car such as an original punto which you see loads of these days it does start to look dated. I have never seen a black mk1 never mind a black valver on the roads which makes it kind of unique. I appreciate your comment though mate im not tyring to say it doesnt look dated.

nothing wrong with "down grading" :) i love that mk1!!! just think, without that we wouldn't have the new ones ... ;) proper nice classic!

williams and trophy
Why didn't you get a 172?

The Mk1 looks so so dated.

maybe he wanted something that didnt look like a 1.2, and something that was actually comfy???

great choice mate. looks quite a tidy example. wont be long before the 2.0s gettin thrown in tho ;)

A SHED!
black mk1 any day over mk2. ignore these chino wearing, one direction loving fags. I used to have all the classics, i loved my black mk1 had a williams engine in it coupled with 1.8 16v box. Best car ever

Ged

PD130 Peach
thats pretty kewl :) bet it wasent much money either? probs even more raw fun than a 172 imo

williams and trophy
Care to explain why? without making assumptions?

because all the haters know they are rust buckets..or should that be...because all the haters like to think they know what they talking about, and want to believe the 1*2s are the best renos out there..... yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwnnn

because all the haters know they are rust buckets..or should that be...because all the haters like to think they know what they talking about, and want to believe the 1*2s are the best renos out there..... yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwnnn

Most of them do have rust on them... this one has been stored in a dry garage for a long time and used only at weekends. never seen the track of fast road use so not a spot of rust or abuse has been thrown at it. It really is a minter. you see 172s all the time and sometimes you have to look twice at 1.2s as they look so similar. its the bonnet bulge on the front that shows the mk1 valvers/williams off.

williams and trophy
Most of them do have rust on them... this one has been stored in a dry garage for a long time and used only at weekends. never seen the track of fast road use so not a spot of rust or abuse has been thrown at it. It really is a minter. you see 172s all the time and sometimes you have to look twice at 1.2s as they look so similar. its the bonnet bulge on the front that shows the mk1 valvers/williams off.

and the flared front arches, and the flared rear arches ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You'll be brushing that into bin bags in six months. ;)

LOL.

I came in here just to see 2live's posts but had to laugh at that.

Kinda ironic considering my current steed but still funny!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Great choice!! Just make sure you look after it and it will look after you :)

I loved my MK1 even though it was only a 1.9D lol

M8s got a willy ATM and I doubt could own one as sole use car but would love a MK1 as project to slat an F4R in lol