ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Our RS2 clio versus the Williams Trophy at Castle Combe

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Car specs:

Camera car:
Lesley's RS2 daily driver, RS2 inlet, 197 cams, mapped by me, cup shocks, cooksport springs, cup wishbones.
Full road weight, RSR tyres

Matt and Rich Williams from ClubOPD.com in their Clio Trophy that we are following:
Standard trophy other than stripped out to save weight, lightweight buckets, whiteline rear ARB, A048 tyres

Such good fun playing around with relatively even cars, and when they get a bit quicker it will be even more fun :)

(and they WILL get quicker as it was their first track outing and they arent used to combe really, where as Ive been going to combe a long time and am experienced in our car)

sorry about the sound being a bit distorted, our newer gopros were on my car and the older one is a bit knackered I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio Trophy #343
Great video!!!, I'm no where near aggressive enough with the curbs etc, some of them I was miles away lol

Its a shame I did not have my second session as after going out with you I followed your lines quite a bit better :)

but that session was mega fun :) we had the legs on most stuff ha ha ha

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Shows how capable these little cars are when driven quite hard how much you were managing to pass even when on the wrong lines at that point.

You booked Llandow yet? If not bloody get on with it.

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Nice footage! Few nice cars out there - Mk2 Golf GTI - 2x 205 GTIs (at least I think that second one with the rear spoiler was a 205?) Gotta get my Williams to some track days soon!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Track day? This was an action day, that's like a race only more serious :p if you thought I was slightly naughty there you should have seen what others were doing. Lol.

In all seriousness though that was a little late I agree, a case of familiarity breeds contempt I guess as I've been going to Combe for a lot longer than the no overtake boards have been there so am in the habit of perhaps overtaking a little later than they suggest in places when I really want to stick with someone, there was actually a lot more room in real life than it looks like on the video but that's no defence and I should have waited till after the chicane really. Point taken Tony. Would hate to think I was setting a bad example as my track ettiquete is generally good as you've seen yourself so I shouldn't have let my keenness to stick with rich over ride that there.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nice footage! Few nice cars out there - Mk2 Golf GTI - 2x 205 GTIs (at least I think that second one with the rear spoiler was a 205?) Gotta get my Williams to some track days soon!

Yeah it was a nice selection of Mainly hot hatches that session :) a Williams too would have been even better.