ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

our race car

M3 & Clio Cup racer
Just feeling happy 'cos we won our first race in the new Clio and wanted to show it off!

Attachments

• snetterton.jpg
    snetterton.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 513
  M3 & Clio Cup racer
OK, now my computer knowledge is obviously no where near by driving skills lol. I've asked someone far more intelligent and younger to upload bigger photos so hopefully they will.
We normally run in Britcar Production S1, but had a go at a new series called Tin Tops.
Car is @ 220BHP, Sadev 5 speed H pattern box (soon to be sequential), Alcon brakes, airjacks, bag tank, multi point cage. It weighs approx 950kg and is pretty quick.
All it needs is a Cliosport sticker and it would be even faster!

Team Think said:
OK, now my computer knowledge is obviously no where near by driving skills lol. I've asked someone far more intelligent and younger to upload bigger photos so hopefully they will.
We normally run in Britcar Production S1, but had a go at a new series called Tin Tops.
Car is @ 220BHP, Sadev 5 speed H pattern box (soon to be sequential), Alcon brakes, airjacks, bag tank, multi point cage. It weighs approx 950kg and is pretty quick.
All it needs is a Cliosport sticker and it would be even faster!

Whats the spec of the engine?

BMW 330d :)
Do the racing cars come with xenon lights or have you converted a ff 172/182 from the road? I always thought the racing versions had the bog std cup lights!

M3 & Clio Cup racer
I don't know whether these are any better/bigger. No Photos of the engine at the moment but i'll see waht i can get.
It's not a Cup car, we had one of those last year and this is a lot nicer - not quite as fast yet, but we're getting there.
We do endurance and night time racing hence the xenons.

Attachments

• teamthink_3.jpg
    teamthink_3.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 185
  • teamthink_2.jpg
    teamthink_2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 151
  M3 & Clio Cup racer
Looking at my times, i used to lap Snetterton faster in the Mk1 Clio Cup racer that we had with the 2 litre Spider engine. The traction is much better in this car but i guess i'm just getting older, fatter and too slow. The MG was pretty close for a while but started to drop off when he found his retinas starting to hurt with the dayglo orange.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Great stuff Matt, car looks great fun. Glad your actually winning in it as well, whats the rules/regs for that race series? What max engine etc?