ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Our combe pics of our clios from today (and rich's/matts trophy)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Me driving Lesley's RS2 ph2:

springaction2765_zps4f2aee2e.jpg

springaction2753_zpsb7c56242.jpg

springaction2268_zps0ddc618c.jpg

springaction2260_zpsde8fec87.jpg

springaction2245_zps8e66a91d.jpg

springaction1306_zps186c375a.jpg

springaction1287_zpsbe17e4ff.jpg

Me driving my turbo ph1:

springaction983_zps0e9b320e.jpg

springaction973_zpsc3db60f2.jpg

springaction953_zps78fb244f.jpg

springaction941_zps491807ff.jpg

springaction927_zps18922ec8.jpg

springaction900_zpsbb479d4b.jpg

springaction888_zpsc4b0dd4a.jpg

springaction225_zps33801e9a.jpg

springaction195_zps11556873.jpg

springaction197_zps7e61789b.jpg

springaction196_zps713aee69.jpg

springaction134_zps1cbf6bf3.jpg

springaction120_zpsf2d1573c.jpg

Rich in his trackday trophy on trackday tyres holding me up for a bit in my mrs daily on road tyres before I went past him ;)
springaction133_zpsffa0eac3.jpg

Rich getting lucky catching the trophy ;)
springaction1292_zps7a9db72e.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Let Lesley have a go!

LOL, she gets plenty of goes, just didnt fancy it today as it was an action day, she prefers the grownup days there instead, she hates all the low driving standard idiots, where as I love them as I view them all as just mobile chicanes.

How are the brakes doing?
Good thanks mate, although I think I will possibly go to a hotter pad as it was requiring quite a bit of pedal pressure when the pads got really hot and they look a bit scorched now.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Who's was the Red Clio with standard bumpers with the OPD stickers. It seemed to fly round the track and was holding it's own against some bigger cars. It obviously wasn't standard, tb's/rs2????

DSC_0929_zps9b54287e.jpg

Last edited:
  LY R26
Watched a couple morning sessions today, Turb looked to be goin well chip, The trophy was pretty quick when you were both out together.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Who's was the Red Clio with standard bumpers with the OPD stickers. It seemed to fly round the track and was holding it's own against some bigger cars. It obviously wasn't standard, tb's/rs2????

That was my mate Nick, its completely stripped out and ITBs, I had really really good fun trying to chase him in Lesley's daily, I couldnt quite keep with him but there wasnt a huge amount in it (less than I expected considering he was on better tyres and ours is full weight and I even had the aircon on, lol) and it was just generally brilliant fun trying and failing to keep with him :)
I was praying for rain on the last session as I reckon in the wet I could have had him but sadly it stayed dry!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome pics mate, I see a go pro attached to the front of the ph1. Can we expect some video action soon as well then? :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Awesome pics mate, I see a go pro attached to the front of the ph1. Can we expect some video action soon as well then? :)

Yeah, just need to chop it up as its currently a few mins of track action then about 15 mins of me sat on the start line under a red flag waiting to restart and then a couple more mins track action as the session I filmed got stopped halfway through.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
The trophy over steering looks awesome I think that might be my new background

320D E91 Estate
The trophy over steering looks awesome I think that might be my new background

That is indeed an awesome shot, fair play for keeping that on the black stuff ;) Nice to meet you guys as well (I'm James the guy with the oil leak on the black PH2 172 EP400)

320D E91 Estate
Epic photos of you in both the Turbo and RS2 Chip, hopefully there might be some footage after the restart in the 11.15am session of you overtaking me and then me trying to stay with you in vain ;)

Would have liked a go against the RS2 in the 2.30pm session, shame mine didn't last that long, thought the RS2 was on RSR's? What road tyres were you running?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Epic photos of you in both the Turbo and RS2 Chip, hopefully there might be some footage after the restart in the 11.15am session of you overtaking me and then me trying to stay with you in vain ;)

Would have liked a go against the RS2 in the 2.30pm session, shame mine didn't last that long, thought the RS2 was on RSR's? What road tyres were you running?

RSR are our road tyres mate, better than run of the mill stuff like you were on but not as good as the a048 or pilot sport cup which are our track tyres. Turbo was on a048 yesterday and Lesley's was on rsr.

I really like her car on just rsr though, it hasn't got track focused enough suspension for the gripper tyres really. They make it lean too much, its faster but doesn't feel as right if that makes sense?

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Is the gopro on the front of the turbo only held on with zipties ? Or is there a sticky pad.

Iv wanted to do that but got scared they would tell me to take it off :(

Cars look great, really like the F1's on the turbo there spaced perfectly

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Is the gopro on the front of the turbo only held on with zipties ? Or is there a sticky pad.

Iv wanted to do that but got scared they would tell me to take it off :(

its on a Gopro mount and then just tethered with a zip tie so that if the mount fails it can't come loose.

320D E91 Estate
RSR are our road tyres mate, better than run of the mill stuff like you were on but not as good as the a048 or pilot sport cup which are our track tyres. Turbo was on a048 yesterday and Lesley's was on rsr.

I really like her car on just rsr though, it hasn't got track focused enough suspension for the gripper tyres really. They make it lean too much, its faster but doesn't feel as right if that makes sense?

Ah right, forgot they were "road" tyres too. What are those tyres like in the cold or wet? I assume your not running RSRs on the Turini's as well?

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, with the grippier tyres you can corner faster, but with the more stock suspension the car will lean much more. I agree if the car leans more it doesn't feel as right. I think what your saying is spot on, as even if you are going round the corner at a greater speed because your leaning more it doesn't feel as fast or as good!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Exactly trackday are about enjoying it more than about lap times. Although nice to have both.

The rsr are great in the wet. I use them as my normal road tyres and as trackday wets. And then on Lesley's like I say I've found them a great match to the car and suspension in the dry too even if it loses you some time here and there.
Our Turinis have yoko s-drive on them, last ages but not as nice as the rsr in wet or dry. They've only ever done a couple of Bedford evening sessions though, not really track suited tbh.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I tried to find you throughout the day Chip but kept missing you. I only managed to get a single blurred shot of you on track, too.

20130427_ccspcad_34.jpg

I managed to get Rich's moment, too.

20130427_ccspcad_35.jpg

20130427_ccspcad_36.jpg

To be honest I soon gave up on the photography because I was bl00dy freezing cold! :)

Clio Trophy #343
Catching rich having a moment was as hard as trying to catch me being fat tbh.

Great photos :)

Ha ha ha, this is very true, I was not used to the set up to begin with so found myself looking through the door window a few times lol I thankfully did not spin though and the pictured spin felt very sideways lol

This was first lap though, me not warming the tyres up probably the culprit lol

Pictures look great :)

Clio Trophy #343
That is indeed an awesome shot, fair play for keeping that on the black stuff ;) Nice to meet you guys as well (I'm James the guy with the oil leak on the black PH2 172 EP400)

Good to meet you on saturday too mate , Shame it was not an easy fix and I'm glad my grandads home made axel stands were useful to you :) lol

I was in the car with chip when you and dan were getting a real shift on :) impressive stuff, good work ;)

320D E91 Estate
Good to meet you on saturday too mate , Shame it was not an easy fix and I'm glad my grandads home made axel stands were useful to you :) lol

I was in the car with chip when you and dan were getting a real shift on :) impressive stuff, good work ;)

Yeah, I managed to get it home driving really slowly and stopping lots of times, oil level didn't seem to move so will have to see what it is! Managed over 50mpg on the way home though so at least saved some fuel!! ;)

Hopefully get it into the garage this week to have it looked into, fingers crossed. Yes many thanks for the use of the axel stands, they were a great help :D

Cheers, I was trying to pedal as fast as a could, but the car was untested and I last drove Combe 3 years ago so I'm sure I could have got quicker in the second session had all the oil decided not to leave the engine! I did 5 years karting, 1 years national championships which might explain some of the pedalling ;)