ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OrigineRS event pics - so many v6 clios etc!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I got invited to this, wish id gone tbh.

But i got this so im happy. :D

14830954138_60be48c4ef_b.png
007 by scottieraven, on Flickr

But yeah would have loved to see all of the epic cars, love a good R5 GTT. :D

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Brilliant pics, I see my friends were there in the Raider, Glacier White, Tungsten Grey R5 GT Turbos and the Coupe Cup race car. The Raider is a thing of beauty, he's also restoring a Renault 11 turbo back to it's former OE glory

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Was an absolutely brilliant weekend :) many many thanks to everyone that organised it :)

Roll on next year!!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
This shows exactly why Goodwood is such a good place for a trackday. 2.5 miles of circuit run with 10 car only sessions meaning on each session everyone effectively gets 0.25 mile all to themselves. You hardly ever see anyone else unless you're Ali in which case you fly past everything.
I've driven the big J around a few times, never been in a car with him driving. Heard that he's quick once he stops cleaning/respraying his cars ;)

I learned two things yesterday that were quite eye opening;

1. Despite many claims to the contrary, V6 Clios can be thrown about on track just like you would a 172/182/197/200 and, if you do, they're f***ing rapid (thanks Ali ).

2. The Clio 200T is a proper RenaultSport Clio through and through.

Great day. Great to catch up with everyone again.

I'm glad someone else agrees!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've driven the big J around a few times, never been in a car with him driving. Heard that he's quick once he stops cleaning/respraying his cars ;)

The laddie can pedal!

Looked like a cracking day guys and some awesome machinery there, new and old.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The laddie can pedal!

Looked like a cracking day guys and some awesome machinery there, new and old.

Was a fantastic day. Such an awesome blend of super shiney detailed cars, track action, heritage motors and just an awesome bunch of people to talk to.
And the weather was perfect.

Literally faultless!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Dawn was pedaling that Vee fast. After seeing her threads i was shocked to see it on track. Its the one car i took the most pictures of. Hers and Ali's looked perfect on track.

Lol cheers! I was sh1tting it on my first session, then I was Lovin it! Was getting faster too :D

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looks like it was a good day!
30 quid with a track session you can't grumble either

Hope events don't clash next year.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
It looks black, with a hint of gold? Not stared at one in real life to really see the shine... also, I do have a degenerative eye condition thanks very much!

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Pah ... so there were some cars, but more impressively I actually attended my first event in about 8 years ;).

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
This shows exactly why Goodwood is such a good place for a trackday. 2.5 miles of circuit run with 10 car only sessions meaning on each session everyone effectively gets 0.25 mile all to themselves. You hardly ever see anyone else unless you're Ali in which case you fly past everything.

I've driven the big J around a few times, never been in a car with him driving. Heard that he's quick once he stops cleaning/respraying his cars

Cheeky sods! All with a passenger, crappy tyres, leaking gearbox! The driver coaching was good though!

Video to follow!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Will definetly try to get to this next year looks brilliant

I learned two things yesterday that were quite eye opening;

1. Despite many claims to the contrary, V6 Clios can be thrown about on track just like you would a 172/182/197/200 and, if you do, they're f***ing rapid (thanks @Ali ).

2. The Clio 200T is a proper RenaultSport Clio through and through.

Great day. Great to catch up with everyone again.

Interesting - point 2 - did you go out in one?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting - point 2 - did you go out in one?

As a passenger only, yes.

I went to Goodwood thinking that if I had bought one a year ago I'd be really p***ed off.

I left thinking that if I had bought one a year ago, I'd be really p***ed off with everyone that wouldn't listen or give the car a chance.

I've driven 100s of laps around Goodwood and passengered around it in all manner of machinery as well...and there is not one single thing wrong with the way the 200T gets around...all the Clio RenaultSport traits are still there at it's core.

People just can't see them as they focus on the doors/'box/softer dampers.

If Renault do release a model with a manual 'box and they do bring the price down to compete more closely with the ST they could be onto a winner...I'd certainly have a serious look at one.