ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ordered some new goodies for the 200

Discounted 1*2 parts
Ordered the KTEC catback exhaust, OMP steering wheel boss and sabelt steering wheel yesterday!

Thanks for David at KTEC for sorting me a good deal on the exhaust and Demon tweeks for a good deal on the boss :)

Can't wait to get them fitted :D will post pics and vids as soon as they come :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
flat spot!! SBV has one on his, sounds well (bit loud for me) but makes the flat spot at 2.5k more pronounced

260% JCW
The Ops excited about his purchase and has posted on here, to be met with a wet flannel comment.

Im sure hes looked into it before buying and knows.

People should be happy for one another :D

Discounted 1*2 parts
lol i'm used the CS comments by now!

I do plan on a remap eventually which I've read is supposed to be a good improvement too :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
*just finishing clearing up the blood from self harming*

Hows it negative if its a fact and affects the drivability of the car? Also some more negativity here (sorry) that flat spot can't be mapped out. They do sound well though, nice on the over run :)

Last edited:
  320d
To be fair I wouldn't be overly concerned about the flat spot at 2.5K rpm. If your accelerating hard you'd be over that anyway.

The exhaust sounds great.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Lol'ing hard at 'negativity'. Idiot.

The flat spot is the reason I'm keeping the standard exhaust. Sounds ok as is, plus no flat spot enhancement. Go>show.

All the qualified mappers I've had a chat with have said the flat spot would remain even post map, I'll ask again when I go on on tuesday.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
To be fair I wouldn't be overly concerned about the flat spot at 2.5K rpm. If your accelerating hard you'd be over that anyway.

The exhaust sounds great.

Most daily driving seems to be in the 2-3k region, so you'd only miss it when going hard.

Discounted 1*2 parts
All the qualified mappers I've had a chat with have said the flat spot would remain even post map, I'll ask again when I go on on tuesday.

Good to know :)

Main reason for getting the exhaust for for the exhaust note anyway (imo it sounds good :D) - seems so quiet compared to my last 2 clio's :D

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Good to know :)

Main reason for getting the exhaust for for the exhaust note anyway (imo it sounds good :D) - seems so quiet compared to my last 2 clio's :D

If changing the exhaust, I'd just take out the centre box. Similar setup to the cup racers afaik. £100 to get it removed and new pipe welded in?

Sounds quiet because you've got all the interior in fella;)

200 Silverstone #41
I thought you only had the flat spot with decat! That's my car in that video, and I had the full system with decat fitted! Was rather loud! But you don't even notice the flat spot under hard driving! Great system though sounds amazing!

Discounted 1*2 parts
I thought you only had the flat spot with decat! That's my car in that video, and I had the full system with decat fitted! Was rather loud! But you don't even notice the flat spot under hard driving! Great system though sounds amazing!

Thats what I have read - sounds amazing in the vid - I may have to invest in a decat just for the noise lol

Where does the flat spot occur with the decat?

200 Silverstone #41
Thats what I have read - sounds amazing in the vid - I may have to invest in a decat just for the noise lol

Where does the flat spot occur with the decat?

It's pulled so much nicer with decat! And the sound was amazing until you want to do either a long journey or have people in the back haha! Flat spot was between around 2000 iirc haven't got it on the car anymore so not 100% but it wasn't far of that! And it was only in 2nd gear you could feel it!

Discounted 1*2 parts
It's pulled so much nicer with decat! And the sound was amazing until you want to do either a long journey or have people in the back haha! Flat spot was between around 2000 iirc haven't got it on the car anymore so not 100% but it wasn't far of that! And it was only in 2nd gear you could feel it!

Thanks for the info :)