ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orbisound Exhaust...... Do I?/Don't I??

S2 106 GTI
Right I have the chance to own one of these exhausts - do I go for it or get a blueflame off my mate??

Orb is only 6 month old - mint condition

its just a hell of alot of money!

S2 106 GTI
Sounds sweet - but as an everyday drive how do you rate it?? I wil be doing motorway journeys too so don't want it boomy

182 Cup
Sounds sweet - but as an everyday drive how do you rate it?? I wil be doing motorway journeys too so don't want it boomy

It's bloody loud! I've got the single silencer version and my car has no rear interior. It booms like crazy between 70 and 80mph, 90's ok though. Having a stripped interior does make the car a lot louder, unfortunately I can't comment on its noise in a car with seats.

What version are you looking at? Twin or single silencer?

S2 106 GTI
Yeah nasty price tag of £1k! but are they really worth the money??

What makes the different to other exhausts?....apart for the price tag :eek:

Its the twin silencer - one just after the cat and then the rear box. I won't be de-cat'in the car as police in my area are pulling folk over for de-cats. and a hefty fine with it too!!

Cant see it making that much improvement over power compared to a stealth etc.

Just my opinion of course, and for £1k, id prefer to have a nice £700 spare in my pocket maybe for inlets an a remap.

182 Cup
Yeah nasty price tag of £1k! but are they really worth the money??

What makes the different to other exhausts?....apart for the price tag :eek:

Just sounds cool at full chat. Not worth the extra cash over any of the others IMO. Does come with a sport cat for the £1k new though - add a sports cat to the price of a Yozza or similar and the price gap isn't completely silly.

S2 106 GTI
The Trophys come with a sports cat standard I think. I'm getting the exhuast for more than £300 but less than £700
only done 2k miles......... just wondering if its worth spending the cash at the mo where I could get a Blueflame one ALOT cheaper....

182 Cup
If I was in the market again I'd be looking at the RS192 Scorpion exhaust.

On the pro Orbisoud side, the fit on mine was perfect - and I do mean perfect. It's very well built. Comes with new rear exhaust mounts too when new - don't know if your seller is chucking them in with the sale?

S2 106 GTI
If I was in the market again I'd be looking at the RS192 Scorpion exhaust.

On the pro Orbisoud side, the fit on mine was perfect - and I do mean perfect. It's very well built. Comes with new rear exhaust mounts too when new - don't know if your seller is chucking them in with the sale?

My mate has a RS192 Scorpion one and does sound very nice! lovely note to it....

S2 106 GTI
The guy has even said to meet me half way! can't get much better than that! :D

I have a few other things to do to my car which is the most annying thing!

-New brakes
-Service
-Paint job......all which costs money! :dapprove:

I said at the start that I would only buy an exhaust if my standard falls off, lol but this seems too good to pass on! really considering how much they are new!

S2 106 GTI
LOL I wish! I had a yozza on my 172 cup and even though I must say it was one of the BEST fitted systems and the noise was fantastic it was bloody loud! :eek:Too loud for motorway driving anyway

My trusty lil 182 :)
LOL I wish! I had a yozza on my 172 cup and even though I must say it was one of the BEST fitted systems and the noise was fantastic it was bloody loud! :eek:Too loud for motorway driving anyway

The orbisoud is ridiculously loud too! I absolutely love mine but I get out at the end of a motorway journey with my ears ringing! I paid £560 for mine second hand (6 months old) including £60 delivery if that helps :)

S2 106 GTI
This is the softer version :eek: two silencers, I guess if I don't like the sound I can sell it again!

TooneySonic - Sold it mate, well swapped for the trophy! a guy wanted a bigger car cos of kids and I amlooking to buy a house and that thing was drinking all my money.....

S2 106 GTI
Where can I buy parts for this exhaust??? K-tec have stopped selling the system, will it be direct for Orbisoud in France - or is there any other dealer in the uk

Focus RS mk1
i have the 172 cup racer orbisoud on mine and as kevinhall said after long journeys it does make ears ring, my recent trip to santapod was pretty bad but i love the sound so i dnt mind the pain lol.
th_MOV00143.jpg

Clio 182 Trophy
Gib. The guy I contacted regarding the hanger said he doesnt know where to get one from. sorry mate. cant text lost phone...

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
The guy has even said to meet me half way! can't get much better than that! :D

I have a few other things to do to my car which is the most annying thing!

-New brakes
-Service
-Paint job......all which costs money! :dapprove:

I said at the start that I would only buy an exhaust if my standard falls off, lol but this seems too good to pass on! really considering how much they are new!

Get your car sorted first, then think about exhaust!

S2 106 GTI
Well too late now lol got the exhaust :cool:

Found out the service is only dropping oil and filter change so can do that myself easy peesy! and all ready have the right oil and a OE oil filter :approve:

As for the exhaust hanger I sould be able to do a make shift one.

-Totally off topic here but the guy has also got a couple of other things he's offered me - which I do need along the way and some things I wasn't thinking of getting but would like some feedback.

:RSTuner - feedback please, he has only had it for 2 months but say's they are very good.

:Brembo HC dics's, goodridge hose's and Pagid (blue) - Need new discs anyway! but wanted to upgrade brakes in future. Would these be good?

:Trophy alloy and PE2 tyre (Brand New!!) - Need 1 alloy as mine has a big hit and would use it as a spare. So was going to purchase one from Renault.

Cheers

182 Cup
I don't know enough about the RStuner to comment or the pagid blue's as I haven't used them. However the Brembo HC disks and Goodridge braided hoses are well worth it if they're in good condition. Lines especially - much better feel through the pedal.

S2 106 GTI
I don't know enough about the RStuner to comment or the pagid blue's as I haven't used them. However the Brembo HC disks and Goodridge braided hoses are well worth it if they're in good condition. Lines especially - much better feel through the pedal.

Done less than 1K in them, do you need to 'upgrade' the brake fluid too?

My disc's are looking in a bad way, so I was going to replace these in a couple of month

182 Cup
You don't need to upgrade the brake fluid, but people who do heavy track work sometimes do. If it's staying mostly on the road I wouldn't bother.

Lionel Richie
i "refitted" an orbi onto a 182 trophy the other day, shocked at the fit to be honest! not good considering the price!!!

182 Cup
i "refitted" an orbi onto a 182 trophy the other day, shocked at the fit to be honest! not good considering the price!!!

Really? I can only speak from my experience (of watching someone else do it), but mine went on first time nearly perfectly alligned and very easily. Mark Fish did it and said it was the easiest and quickest exhaust he'd ever fitted.

Clio 182 Trophy
You should have a good setup there Gib with the brakes. The Pagid Blue pads are very good, i will be fitting a set once the Mintex wear out.
As for the fluid, You might as well replace it tbh, Its suppost to be changed every 2 years, although its not vital. 4.1 is what I would go for as 5.1 has to be changed every 6 months or it will corrode the lines, 4.1 has to be changed every 2 years.

TooneySonic - Sold it mate, well swapped for the trophy! a guy wanted a bigger car cos of kids and I amlooking to buy a house and that thing was drinking all my money.....

Lol, i knew you would be back!

And after all that talk of me buying your old cup i am now in one myself, ahh well!

Which HC's are the brakes mate? grooved? I'd say get the brakes and alloy whilst you have the chance!

Lionel Richie
Really? I can only speak from my experience (of watching someone else do it), but mine went on first time nearly perfectly alligned and very easily. Mark Fish did it and said it was the easiest and quickest exhaust he'd ever fitted.

well that's what i would assume normally with something of that calibre, so it leads me to believe something was up with it (ie bent etc) it was a 2nd hander