ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

opinions please guys V-Maxx coilovers or stock and springs? for track!

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
Right guys been away a while.

looking at picking up a clip in the week it has near New V-Maxx coilovers fitted the car will be a weekend car and some track work will they be up to the job? OR am I better off going for stock and a good set of springs?

May also consider fitting other brand coilovers if you guys can recommend some good one for sub 500? New or used.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had vmaxx on a 182 and whilst they were actually pretty good on the road (very good in fact!) they were pretty lame on track. Way too soft.
If it's a track/fun car, I'd probably go with new cup dampers and cook sport springs.

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
Cheers buddie long time no speak.

best place and rough price on the above? Should see 250 is back for the V-maxx as there only 1000 miles old

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
As Dan said, they are fine for the road. I use mine daily and have no complaints. I think they are decent considering the price.

I've never taken mine on track so I can't comment, but again as Dan said they are too soft for track. It seems to be from people who've had them and done both, to keep them as a road coilover. You'll get £250 back after a track day or two so maybe try for yourself and see. As long as the condition is good you'll still see 2/3 of your money back after the track days.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Koni's? £450ish, adjustable damping. Not that low, but if you're considering standard dampers with springs im guessing you aren't going for v low? Had a set previously, brilliant setup.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I have them on my turbo and they're fine on the road. . took them round cadwell and have no complaints however I'm only a track novice compared to Daniel