ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on PCP Deal

182, 172 Track Shed
Peoples thoughts on the pcp deal below?

The figures are based on our showroom car, which is Glacier White with Cup Chassis and 17” Black Speedline Alloy Wheels.

Clio Renaultsport 200
Glacier White

Basic Price £18,135.00
i.d. Glacier White Paint £160.00
Speedline Alloy Wheels £185.00
Cup Chassis £450.00
GAP Insurance £348.00
G3 Glasscoat – Premium Preparation Pack £337.00
Total £19,615.00
Discount £1,930.00
Total £17,685.00

Part Exchange £1,200.00
Cash Deposit £1,500.00

Balance to Finance £14,985.00

First payment £358.77
Followed by 47 payments of £259.77
Optional Final Payment £5,653.21 (of which £5,504.21 is a Guaranteed Future Value, £149 Option to Purchase Fee)
APR 7.8%
10,000 miles per annum

You will also benefit from the 4+ aftersales package, which includes:
· 4 year / 100,000 mile warranty
· 4 years servicing (up to 48,000 miles)
· 4 years AA roadside assistance

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
Personally the thought of paying £260 a month for a car that isn't mine would get boring very quickly. Especially once the dealers start the old wear and tear Vs warranty battle.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Not good I'm afraid. Get looking about and play places off against each other.

And do GAP / PPI payments away from the dealership... I recall GAP was £119 odd or so for me.

And G3 Glasscoat... pleeeease - a Professional Valeter will rape that price.

Megane r26
Doesn't really seem attractive, plus as mentioned don't bother with any "paint protection" products are overated an over priced.

Nissan 350z
£260 for a new FF200 is about the going rate currently so seems pretty average, not overpriced, not amazing.
I would sack off the GAP and G3 Glasscoat though, they can be had cheaper if you wish outside of the dealership.

182, 172 Track Shed
I can see myself in it for 4 years, I don't tend to change cars very often

Spoke to a dealer today and they have no unregistered 200s left with cup packs and recaros (which would be my ideal choice)

Needs to be PCP option really as I have no spare funds for a hefty deposit, I thought PCP deals were only a good choice on new cars - are they worth it on used vehicles?

Cheers for feedback so far!

lol @ the haters.

f**k right off buying a 18k Clio cash.

PCP are good on nearly new cars too. Depends on your circumstances.

182, 172 Track Shed
Yeah when I say no spare cash I mean with regards to a deposit...the actual monthly repayments are manageable

PCP seems not a bad choice as you dont need a large initial deposit?

Ok will investigate some pcp deals on nearly new cars, see how they compare

Thanks fellas

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you do it, make sure you make some plans for at the end.

At the moment you have a car and 1500 quid, at the end of the 4 years you will have neither.

Suzuki Jimny
Same as what i'm doing, although I got proper seats.

Putting away extra every month so I can pay the final payment at the end :)

Nissan 350z
If you do it, make sure you make some plans for at the end.

At the moment you have a car and 1500 quid, at the end of the 4 years you will have neither.

Although you could also just re-finance the remainder and other than your monthly payments decreasing everything would continue as before (apart from no longer having a warranty).

@OP you can also PCP on 2nd hand so long as the car is no older than 4yrs at the end of the deal. However the deals are not as attractive due to no longer having the manufacturers backing, just the dealership in question but you miss the initial depreciation hit.

Clio 172
I see they've put their APR's back up, residual looks very optimistic to me and the discount for a company that are in the major poo seems a tad low. I'd try and haggle my px up, them down and get rid of the glass coat. I'd want to be paying no more than £225 a month for that car.