ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oops I did it again... Adey's Clio 200 EDC

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Ahh good old french shorthand on Renolink. I too have accidently lost settings doing simillar on the r26, dash was like an xmas tree for a short while :LOL:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Only just seen this clutch chat. I saw some were slipping at RST and it was in specific gears.

Mick at diamond was saying that's it's not unheard of that the rear main seals can deteriorate a bit, but not fail - and allow some misting of oil onto the clutch packs, or one of the 2.

Last edited:
  2014 Clio 200t edc
It’s quite easy to code in rs monitor if your good with coding, it’s just a case of a cheap adaptor being plugged onto the back of the screen, and changing the coding.
Nice to see the boost pressure and temperatures too.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
It’s quite easy to code in rs monitor if your good with coding, it’s just a case of a cheap adaptor being plugged onto the back of the screen, and changing the coding.
Nice to see the boost pressure and temperatures too.

oooo that would be a nice touch, Android auto and RS monitor. Any links on how to do it?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
oooo that would be a nice touch, Android auto and RS monitor. Any links on how to do it?
Has yours got the R-link headunti?

Android auto you need to update to the latest firmware, and then use Dtt4all to activate it.

The RS monitor guide is on YouTube mate 👍

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Has yours got the R-link headunti?

Android auto you need to update to the latest firmware, and then use Dtt4all to activate it.

The RS monitor guide is on YouTube mate 👍

It has yeah (well it displays R-Link on start up and in the top left of the screen?)

I have a split obd lead on its way today so I can make the cable that allows communication with the headunit.

DDT4ALL I have a copy off but not the correct lead, Renolink should do the same considering DDT4ALL uses its ecu database.

Is that the video where he removes the headunit to re program the eeprom on the back?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
It has yeah (well it displays R-Link on start up and in the top left of the screen?)

I have a split obd lead on its way today so I can make the cable that allows communication with the headunit.

DDT4ALL I have a copy off but not the correct lead, Renolink should do the same considering DDT4ALL uses its ecu database.

Is that the video where he removes the headunit to re program the eeprom on the back?
Yeah that's the one mate. You'll need the USB eeprom programmer aswell to do it. Think they're about a tenner on Amazon

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Android auto was easy to activate with Renolink (I was careful this time 😅) had to make an adaptor harness for the obd socket first to allow comms with the headunit. Looks like you can change lots in there including boot up screens. I won't play too much though. RS Monitor next 🤞🏻

20231106_173137.jpg
20231106_172936.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I REALLY want to activate android auto! Been putting it off for years now.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Rs monitor is handy for sure.

There's no coolant display without it which is madness.

Will be handy on my track day on Friday too for clutch temps.

2014 Clio 200t edc
@Adey.

These are the videos I followed. The guy who did them is really helpful and he’s on the mk4 rs faceache page. It’s frustrating as hell (or it was for me, I failed many times!) but managed it in the end. Well worth an hour of faffing about.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
The kit turned up to read/write the eeprom on the head unit, so following the guide on YouTube I set about playing. Easy to do to be fair, only thing that took time was writing the code to the file from a pdf. I reset the head unit after writing it back on and it popped up on the screen (y) Will be nice to see some more info from the car. Interested to see if the power screen rescales like the bmw's do :D

I also fitted a proram air filter inside the ITG housing. You can see where 2 decent sized bits of powder coating have come off the ITG filter, possibly due to me doing the clamp up too tight, but not something I want going through my turbo at 120,000+rpm! I used the same brand of filter on my Twingo and couldn't fault it.

20231107_164814.jpg
20231107_164416.jpg
20231107_164355.jpg
20231107_154958.jpg
20231107_143049.jpg
20231107_143035.jpg
20231107_141811.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
So, the car/dash doesnt auto adjust the power graphs so i did some digging.. I found some info on a Spanish forum about rewriting some of the scales and info on the headunit. Gave it a go, taking data from my dyno print out, converting it to nm, then halfing it and then changing the results into hex. I then typed them in on the file from the eprom and reloaded them to the head unit. Needs to be refined a little but proves it works. I may try and adjust alot of the temp sensor settings if I can find them so I can see the info from a cold start vs when the engine is over a certain temp. Intake temps current lowest is 20 degrees, water is 70... not that I'd be driving hard till it was ready but it would be nice to see it if possible.

20231108_123221.jpg
20231108_132115.jpg

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I was going to suggest modifying the scale in hex as seen it done on meg rs. Certainly interesting stuff mate, i quite enjoyed doing a bit of that on my kangoo immob chip.

Megane 250
I wish I knew how to do half this stuff, can this programme be used on a mk3 250?

My mileage is shown in KM/L and my RS monitor isn’t HP it’s something else.

Can it also turn off heated seat lights etc?

A mate had a 200t that had a hybrid and was just under 300, was a right little rocket!

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
I wish I knew how to do half this stuff, can this programme be used on a mk3 250?

My mileage is shown in KM/L and my RS monitor isn’t HP it’s something else.

Can it also turn off heated seat lights etc?

A mate had a 200t that had a hybrid and was just under 300, was a right little rocket!

I think it can be done as long as you have the rlink head unit.

is it shown in CV?

heated seats should be a able to be activated/deactivated using renolink or DDT4ALL (different to hard writing to the headunit)

Megane 250
I think it can be done as long as you have the rlink head unit.

is it shown in CV?

heated seats should be a able to be activated/deactivated using renolink or DDT4ALL (different to hard writing to the headunit)
Yeah I don’t have R Link, just the boring one lol.

Is DDT4ALL hard to use? I got a feeling I spoken to someone off here on instagram about it before. I’ll have a browse! Thanks.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
I think ive had a bit of a weep from the oil return pipe on the turbo. I can see some staining on the manifold. That and the car stinks when pulling up at junctions. I've had it on and off a few times and not replaced the gasket so decided to get it swapped out. Autodoc provided the smallest gasket in a huge box to justify the postage cost I'm sure. With the intake pipe work out of the way ot wasn't to bad to get too. Easier than on a meg anyway. Replaced in under an hour, in the dark by candle light. Upon checking I found the joint between the DP and front pipe to be blowing a lot, not sure thats helping with the cabin smell. That's the weekends job now...

20231120_162953.jpg
20231120_172408.jpg
20231120_170400.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
The exhaust had started to sound a little louder recently, that and it stank of fumes when pulling up at junctions. I originally thought it was the turbo oil drain gasket dripping oil and then burning off, but found the downpipe to front pipe was blowing when replacing that. Got underneath the car today to check it out.

20231125_140332.jpg

ps, phone used for some of the recording, the sound and picture quality are pants when using the front facing cam

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
I spent a little time today working on closing off some of the gaps around the rad pack, intercooler and creating a duct to feed cold air up to the air filter. Haven't finished up yet as rain has halted play but there should be an improvement. I've also modified the fog light housing so I can cable tie the ducting to it and cut out the bumper, PMT style, with a few tek screws and some 90 degree brackets bent to suit. Should be discreet and only noticed if you are looking for it but will feed some cold air directly to the air filter (y) To get enough clearance for the 100mm duct I've had to relocate the horn and a vacuum pump. Strangely the car has a vacuum assistance pump on the brake servo pipework, not seen that on a petrol car before.

20231228_112142.jpg
20231228_112231(0).jpg
20231228_112332.jpg
20231228_133157.jpg
20231228_142959.jpg
20231228_144632.jpg
20231228_151214.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Ive also manged to fit some Pure Motorsport bits over the Christmas break. 10mm stub axle spacers and some 20mm front spacers also from pure. Fills the arches out nicely, will give it a bash over the next few weeks and see if there is any rubbing.

20231223_101624(0).jpg
20231223_104343.jpg
20231223_104349.jpg
20231223_111817.jpg
20231223_121718.jpg