ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oops I did it again... Adey's Clio 200 EDC

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Wanted to get the 3 inch intake fitted today, a direct fit it was not...... its seems to be pretty common to swap out the 200 turbo intake pipe to the 220 item, so why not upgrade further, this has a tapered intake adapter and then a 3 inch pipe that is sold to fit in between the turbo and the stock airbox... I'm not sure this would actually be the case without some cutting. To get this all in i did have to swap in a spare air filter and remove the symposer completely (which required me to remove the scuttle) It should still yield some gains when i fit my big turbo but im not sure if those of you that are reading/watching would be willing to do this. The 220 intake and a ITG intake kit would be an easier fit.

20230828_112142.jpg
20230828_112136.jpg
20230828_110554.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Sounds exactly like what I put on mine, about 8 minutes after I took it off 😂

I kept the 220 elbow and k tec hose.

The gfb valve stayed as I couldn't be bothered putting the stock one back on.

Made zero difference come map 😭😂

Really need a hybrid, I'm watching this build eagerly!

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't mind a little extra noise, the exhaust isn't all that loud currently so itll add add a little drama to the drive. On all my other cars I've blanked off or removed any recirc valves and just had the "chatter". Might look to see if I can do similar with this 🤔

Like this

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Did you decide on a front mount? I'm still swaying towards a wagner...

See I only really want a fmic and a turbo, less power yes but it won't change the car as it is now and it's really only a school run car as it is!

It's the most popular car on the school run according to the 7 year olds 😎😎😭😂

2014 Clio 200t edc
Sash means the hot pipe gasket on at the flange. It is a single use gasket and will leak. It was the case that the exact same part from Nissan was cheaper than from Renault. Defo change it when you can.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
I had already purchased a GT performance front downpipe/decat, but I have decided to go one further, all in I guess. Its a 2.5inch decat pipe that tapers to fit the stock exhaust system but I feared it wouldn't be enough or I would find it to still be restrictive when mapping on the big turbo, so I've now placed an order for a 3 inch down pipe and front pipe from Ktec Racing.

If any one is interested in a brand new never fitted Euro 5 decat downpipe drop me a message (y)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Cracked on with a little more service/preventative maintenance. Treated the subframe to a little bit of bilt hamber dynax to hopefully hold back any corrosion. The front looks to be removable like the mk3 and Twingo so will no doubt rot out at some point.
The car ticked over 95k this week, perfect time to give it a gearbox oil change. Easy to do (once you knock up a way to refill the box) much like the older Renault boxes you empty at the bottom using an 8mm hex key to remove the drain plug. Refill by removing a white wing nut (located just behind, and slightly above the pass side driveshaft) and popping in the tube from your chosen refiling container. To be fair the old stuff came out pretty clean, not sure what the book recommended oil change is but now I know its been done (y) From what I can find the box takes 1.7 ltrs, mine took 2 and it was starting to dribble back out so left it at that (y)
I think I'm just left with the aux belt and tensioner to change, a cabin filter and a brake fluid change and its had all the service items ticked off.
I had also read about a hose clamp that rots with age and can leave you stranded when the car dumps its coolant so whilst under the car i replaced that. Not sure if mine was original but there was certainly a very rusted clamp on the lower rad hose. Quickly whipped off and replaced though so another "issue" off the list.

20230916_152221.jpg
20230916_153144.jpg
20230916_151642.jpg
20230916_154000.jpg
20230916_154611.jpg
20230916_161137.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Good progress mate. I too did my gearbox oil but the official line I’m sure is it’s sealed for life and doesn’t need changing. Although the oil isn’t cheap it’s worth doing for peace of mind.
Did you use motul dct oil?
Cars looking awesome too.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Good progress mate. I too did my gearbox oil but the official line I’m sure is it’s sealed for life and doesn’t need changing. Although the oil isn’t cheap it’s worth doing for peace of mind.
Did you use motul dct oil?
Cars looking awesome too.
I used a Millers oil from opie oils, funny stuff, looked like vegetable oil and didn't have the usual strong gearbox oil stink. Thanks its getting there, not so great in the flesh, pictures make it look better than it is :D

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Genuine gearbox oil smells like salted caramel 😋

As Daz says, someone’s been there with a poor quality jubilee already!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cracked on with a little more service/preventative maintenance. Treated the subframe to a little bit of bilt hamber dynax to hopefully hold back any corrosion. The front looks to be removable like the mk3 and Twingo so will no doubt rot out at some point.
The car ticked over 95k this week, perfect time to give it a gearbox oil change. Easy to do (once you knock up a way to refill the box) much like the older Renault boxes you empty at the bottom using an 8mm hex key to remove the drain plug. Refill by removing a white wing nut (located just behind, and slightly above the pass side driveshaft) and popping in the tube from your chosen refiling container. To be fair the old stuff came out pretty clean, not sure what the book recommended oil change is but now I know its been done (y) From what I can find the box takes 1.7 ltrs, mine took 2 and it was starting to dribble back out so left it at that (y)
I think I'm just left with the aux belt and tensioner to change, a cabin filter and a brake fluid change and its had all the service items ticked off.
I had also read about a hose clamp that rots with age and can leave you stranded when the car dumps its coolant so whilst under the car i replaced that. Not sure if mine was original but there was certainly a very rusted clamp on the lower rad hose. Quickly whipped off and replaced though so another "issue" off the list.

View attachment 1661082View attachment 1661081View attachment 1661083View attachment 1661080View attachment 1661079View attachment 1661078
I hope they’re just out of shot… but please tell me there was axle stands?

Car looks good, don’t see many in this colour, or maybe you do and it’s just more subtle than the yellow?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
So I've been stockpiling parts for a while and this week I picked up a fmic kit. So I decided to book Friday (today) off work to make a start on all the upgrades.

I've tried to keep the camera rolling during it so ill knock up an update video soon. All has gone well so far, and its been fun swinging some tools (I changed job role 6 months ago and now don't get to do anything hands on).

Anyway we went whole hog and started straight on the hybrid turbo and decats. Wasn't too hard to be fair, just takes time when you've not done the job before. What was a shock was how small the stock exhaust system actually is, at least the front half, it steps right down to just under 1.5 inch at the entrance to the flexi!!!!! The down pipe was a bit of a pig to get out but I was able to get it out in the engine bay as I had the turbo out of the way. Normally you would pull a driveshaft to drop it out of the bottom.

I port matched the turbo housing before fitting, the bigger inlet was too big for an oem intake pipe so ive used a tapered 3 inch adapter (same as the ED kit) but im making my own 3 inch intake pipe work (the ED kit was a bit pants tbh) not sure if I will go open filter or build it to work with the ITG.

The turbo and decats are now on and I have given it a test idle/warm up. No leaks so far. Will re torque everything in the morning and then work on refitting the engine bay pipework and then ill move onto the FMIC.

The plan is to get it up and running for a week to make sure all is good then book in with EFI parts for a map.

Here have a few pics, ill pop some more up tomorrow (y)

20230929_165001(0).jpg
20230929_161621.jpg
20230929_121555.jpg
20230929_115723.jpg
20230929_115710.jpg
20230928_180408.jpg
20230927_191743.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Day 2,

The plan was to finish the upgrades and wrap everything up, and bar the custom intake I want to make I think we are there. I do need a replacement exhaust clamp though.

On with the Forge Motorsport FMIC kit. pretty decent kit, fits up nicely. I didn't fully follow the fitting guide (being lazy) but used it to point me in the right direction to remove everything, its pretty comprehensive. It came with all the clamps, fixings and a boost hoses to fit it on. The crash bar requires 3 7mm holes drilling in it but the guide shows you where to drill. It takes about 2 hours to get on if taking your time. Fits very well, only thing I may do is add some holes to the number plate plinth if decide to hit some track days.

Next up was the Airtec cold side boost pipes. Does what its supposed to do, replaces the plastic pipework. I need to take a look at a few pics but its not a perfect fit. I'm not sure if that's because I've fitted it to aftermarket hoses but the 2 pipes don't seem to line up very well and are up against the plastic slam panel, another little note, the hose clamps were showing signs of rust as I got them out of the packet. It'll do what I need it to do though.

Exhaust sounds nuts now, Ktec 3 inch down pipe and front pipe, mated to a mid box delete and the stock back box. Quite chavvy but I like it lol. Not given it a proper drive yet but definitely gives it some theatre now.

Anyway some more pics for you all and a little vid (y)

Thanks for reading, I will be firing off an email to get booked in for mapping very soon 😁

20230930_094120_001.jpg
20230930_101406(0).jpg
20230930_104944.jpg
20230930_112657.jpg
20230930_114304.jpg
20230930_151451(0).jpg

Attachments

• 20230930_094126.jpg
    20230930_094126.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy

View attachment 1661082View attachment 1661081View attachment 1661083View attachment 1661080View attachment 1661079View attachment 1661078

That front subframe bit is just the rad support? I treated mine a bit with kurust but I'm half tempted to jusy get a new one of its like the clio 200/197. The subframe is just the rear part?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
That front subframe bit is just the rad support? I treated mine a bit with kurust but I'm half tempted to jusy get a new one of its like the clio 200/197. The subframe is just the rear part?
No idea, I just call it all "subframe" let me know if you find a price on a new one 👍🏼

2014 Clio 200t edc
That is amazing. Sounds awesome! Well done doing all that. I lost my temper fitting the cold side pipe! And doing the turbo inlet and intercooler pipe I wanted to drive over myself!! (But I couldn’t because the turbo inlet was off thankfully 🤣)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
All good on day one of daily driving. Racked up about 60 miles so far (y)

Im dropping off some bits tomorrow to have my intake made up and Mapping has been booked for next Weds (11th) at EFI parts. Will be interesting to see how it performs on the dyno or see what issues we come up against.

So far I cant say I notice it being much laggier, I am only at light throttle but it defo picks up well. I think the decision to go with a huge DP and porting the front housing may have helped a little. In fact I noticed bigger difference in spool going from a 14t to a 19t on the f4rt Twingo, where as this is a jump from a 13t to a 21t (hybrid numbers are all odd though) this hybrid has bigger wheels front and back than my old 19t.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Hope you don't get told your clutches were slipping like I did.

That was a very expensive 30 bhp 😭

I'm always worrying I'll be told they're doing it again next time I take it, as there was nothing visibly wrong with them I was told.

I need to have it tested soon for peace of mind.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Hope you don't get told your clutches were slipping like I did.

That was a very expensive 30 bhp 😭

I'm always worrying I'll be told they're doing it again next time I take it, as there was nothing visibly wrong with them I was told.

I need to have it tested soon for peace of mind.

I guess I'll cross that bridge if it comes to it? Can't tell what they will do till we try turning the wick up?

30bhp gain with a few bolt ons isn't to be sniffed at though?