ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OnePlus 2 - Announced

This better be a good phone. Just had to pay a lot of money for one lol.
5B7BA7B9-7CBD-4908-8E6C-23A0E74064AC_zpsmnhjhgxt.jpg
Lol what we talking? 64gb?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
@Hans. hows the phone going?
Not bad. Finger print thing isn't very good at the moment.

The dual sim bit (the reason I bought it) is awesome. It's been a long time since i've only had one phone!!
I'll be honest, I haven't really done anything apart from put my apps on it. I'm not one to f**k about with them so it's just a phone lol.

The biggest issue I have is that when I get a text/email, the screen doesn't come on like the iphone does. Maybe i'm just being thick but that's a big thing for me.

Yeah needs some getting used to. I've added 4 finger profiles over 3 fingers to make it more accurate. Still find the button not as responsive as the other 2.

Regarding the alerts, it doesn't bother me as I'd rather it not flash up when I get messages as my battery would soon go buttt my Snapchat alerts wake the screen so must be a setting somewhere. If not an app will do it.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Yeah needs some getting used to. I've added 4 finger profiles over 3 fingers to make it more accurate. Still find the button not as responsive as the other 2.

Regarding the alerts, it doesn't bother me as I'd rather it not flash up when I get messages as my battery would soon go buttt my Snapchat alerts wake the screen so must be a setting somewhere. If not an app will do it.
I did find an app but it adds a lock screen over the original one so is f**king stupid.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I did find an app but it adds a lock screen over the original one so is f**king stupid.
Settings > display and lights > switch on ambient display.

That's how it's done on my OPO anyway. Will also turn on the display if you pick the phone up off a desk or something to look at it. Only downside is it constantly monitors sensors for that so can use up battery.

Personally I prefer to customise the LED light to different colours for different app notifications.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

That's how it's done on my OPO anyway. Will also turn on the display if you pick the phone up off a desk or something to look at it. Only downside is it constantly monitors sensors for that so can use up battery.

Personally I prefer to customise the LED light to different colours for different app notifications.
Nothing like that on this one it seems.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Nah, that's a CyanogenMod setting, this phone is running about as close to stock android as there is - hence why the setting isn't there. It was the first thing I turned off on my OPO as it was f**king irritating.

Lightflow is what you actually want @hans, but it's not currently working "fully' on OxygenOS, you should be able to customise the led colour and flash rate depending on what notification is outstanding (i.e if you have a email and and sms it will sequentially flash the led according to your settings - so that you can just look at the phone and know exactly what is going on).

You can't customise the flash rate on OxygenOS at the moment, I've created a thread (about issues/niggles) about it on the oneplus forums, hopefully somebody will pick it up and they'll fix it.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator

Unfortunately wrong OS for this.
Good hint though.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Know someone with an invite for this who can't really justify a new phone. Very tempted to get it myself. Do the ones here with the Two think it's worth the upgrade?

Anyone want to buy my Oneplus One too? Lol

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Know someone with an invite for this who can't really justify a new phone. Very tempted to get it myself. Do the ones here with the Two think it's worth the upgrade?

Anyone want to buy my Oneplus One too? Lol

How much for the one plus one and is it in decent condition? I've been after one a couple of weeks

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Haha, invite is already claimed however if I for some reason decide I don't want the phone I'll put it up on here.

How much for the one plus one and is it in decent condition? I've been after one a couple of weeks
Not sure what it's worth tbh. It's got a crack on the very bottom of the screen, only over the buttons, not the display, and a couple of other small marks. I had considered claiming my insurance on it but wasn't sure how easy that would be with it not exactly being a popular phone

BMW M4; S1000 RR
China version so the duel sims wont work. Not sure what else but believe that's it. You'd need to research it more.
I've been told by various sources the phone is exactly the same, but it needs flashing with the UK Android- some websites even do it for you.

Why wouldn't dual SIM work?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
the way imei numbers work over here is different to China. I'll try and dig out the post
Quick Google reveals plenty of posts from people with the China version and confirming dual SIM works, along with 4G.

Only comments regarding either of the above not working are from people repeating what they've read, and no first hand experience. Granted I've only looked at 5 or 6 websites.

The Chinese version will have very limited 4G compatibility in Europe and North America. More importantly, it only has one IMEI meaning you will not have dual-SIM capability outside of China. If you like having dual SIMs, do not buy the Chinese version.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The Chinese version will have very limited 4G compatibility in Europe and North America. More importantly, it only has one IMEI meaning you will not have dual-SIM capability outside of China. If you like having dual SIMs, do not buy the Chinese version.
Yes I've read that before.

I guess users like this must all be in on a big lie...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-2/help/oneplus-chinese-shop-one-imei-dualsim-t3182674

I have no interest in whether it works or not tbh. I'm not buying either, but swearing that it won't work when you've not got anything to go on besides what someone's posted on the internet is a bit naive. Considering there is plenty of content to suggest it does work (like I said, unless they're all lying).

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Just got my invite :smile:

Woo! Gotta say, this phone is bloody lovely. The 2.02 OTA has seriously improved the home button/finger print sensor, I very rarely have an issue. Another update is coming in a week or so.

My only outstanding gripes really are.

1.) Inability to disable the built in control of the LED, means lightflow doesn't work properly.
2.) The missing "night mode" that is in stock android (scheduling of interruptions), you should be able to override the physical switch.