ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OnePlus 2 - Announced

You wern't joking, got greenify running but amplify showed me what was killing the battery, tweaked that out and bingo.

I don't really do anything "tasking" on the phone anyway, browsing, calls, texts, facebook etc. My brightness is normally set pretty low as well.

Gonna root the wifes phone as well now, she was amazed at the battery life on it already! lol

Ah nice - worth sharing a pic of stuff you've Amplify'd if pos, would be interesting to compare!

Got some shareable invites this morning - one given to a mate and the other 2 on ebay - if they don't sell in the 3 day listing I can give them out here (they expire in 5 days).

Obviously preference is to sell them first, free ££ and all that!

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Got some shareable invites this morning - one given to a mate and the other 2 on ebay - if they don't sell in the 3 day listing I can give them out here (they expire in 5 days).

Obviously preference is to sell them first, free ££ and all that!
al have one :D

What the f**k happened to my battery midday?

875f57820f09e7f2039dc95c3583a893.jpg

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Looks like it just stopped recording data properly, the curve that isn't there looks right from where it stopped and then restarted collecting.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
You didn't lose 10%, the curve is just wrong. If you follow the imaginary curve from where it goes wonky to where it starts again it follows the same curve as the rest of the graph. Something just happened to the data recording and it got back in sync a few hours later.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Right, by far the biggest battery killer out of anything is IMAP.

I still use my iCloud email as my primary email, and no matter what email client I use on the phone, it introduces a huge drain (even if setting the poll frequency low or using IMAP idle).

I finally got around to playing with forwarding on iCloud and gmail (I have a old google apps hosted site, so I get all the fancy domain email for free) and now have it set up so that iCloud forwards emails to gmail which tags them as iCloud, all working beautifully. Email that comes in on the gmail domain and the @me.com domain all goes into the inbox and replying automatically picks the right email address to reply to.

Now using Inbox as my mail client, now back to consuming nothing again.

It's a bit convoluted, but now I have push back working properly on the iCloud email (via a server forward to gmail).

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
@Tyler@Ultimate it's Amplify, very useful for seeing what is causing wakelocks and/or excessive battery use. (something might have a lot of wakelocks, but consume little on time....something else might only have a few wakelocks but consume lots of time during each one).

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Thanks buddy.

Needs to be rooted? I've still not go round to doing this.

Yep, you'll need root.

My only outstanding issue now is really the broken LED behaviour in Oxygen OS. I've worked around my other issues (Blacklist, created blacklist contact and just send calls to voicemail for that contact), night mode I sorted with tasker.

fair enough.

I've just raised a ticket with oneplus regarding my unresponsive home button/finger print reader.

It's been like it since I got it on release day but I bought another recently which works flawlessly.

Want them to sort the issue before I root

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Been keeping up with kernels and the AK kernel has been a belter. Actually can use my phone. Only issue is wifi turns off randomly. But connects back up again
Any one else enjoying the phone too?

Oh tempered glass covers arrived yesterday. Will apply at work.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Been keeping up with kernels and the AK kernel has been a belter. Actually can use my phone. Only issue is wifi turns off randomly. But connects back up again
Any one else enjoying the phone too?

Oh tempered glass covers arrived yesterday. Will apply at work.

Absolutely, it's spot on, only thing (I keep mentioning it on here) is the broken LED stuff in OxygenOS, other than that I haven't got any complaints.

Mrs loves hers as well, we're selling her Note3 to Mazuma, I wiped it yesterday and f**k me, that is some awful s**t, even with the lollipop update on it, Touchwiz, it's f**king terrible. The settings on it just don't make sense. Going to take my "one" into cex tomorrow and see how much they will give me for that, looks like it should be between ~130 and ~150, not bad (yeah, could eBay it for more, but then I'd have to deal with eBay buyers.....no ta) She thinks the battery life is awesome on her OP2 now...wait till I root it tonight and do the tweaks to it, it's immense.

Which temperered glass did you get? I got the oneplus one (it's quite thick, but I like that it actually makes the home button more pronounced, easier to align your thumb in the right sort of position.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Absolutely, it's spot on, only thing (I keep mentioning it on here) is the broken LED stuff in OxygenOS, other than that I haven't got any complaints.

Mrs loves hers as well, we're selling her Note3 to Mazuma, I wiped it yesterday and f**k me, that is some awful s**t, even with the lollipop update on it, Touchwiz, it's f**king terrible. The settings on it just don't make sense. Going to take my "one" into cex tomorrow and see how much they will give me for that, looks like it should be between ~130 and ~150, not bad (yeah, could eBay it for more, but then I'd have to deal with eBay buyers.....no ta) She thinks the battery life is awesome on her OP2 now...wait till I root it tonight and do the tweaks to it, it's immense.

Which temperered glass did you get? I got the oneplus one (it's quite thick, but I like that it actually makes the home button more pronounced, easier to align your thumb in the right sort of position.

is your oneplus one a 64 gb

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
is your oneplus one a 64 gb

Yes. But there's a tiny chip (I mean miniscule, unless you knew it was there you'd never know) on the left edge of the screen (not actually over the lcd or something) where I dropped it on the edge of my laptop, which is why I don't want to deal with idiots on eBay, I can see the disputes already even though I'd say about it.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Yes. But there's a tiny chip (I mean miniscule, unless you knew it was there you'd never know) on the left edge of the screen (not actually over the lcd or something) where I dropped it on the edge of my laptop, which is why I don't want to deal with idiots on eBay, I can see the disputes already even though I'd say about it.
al save you the walk al offer 100 notes :) cheeky i know :)

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
lol. Nah, car park is right next door to cex, I shall get the wife to chauffeur me there! I'll be back before you can say "smoke me a kipper".
im unsure weather to wait for the oneplus 2 or just get something else.. at that point i have looked too much

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
im unsure weather to wait for the oneplus 2 or just get something else.. at that point i have looked too much

Hold on a few more weeks if you can mate, I've overdue some more sharables as is the wife. I'll send you one over the moment I get one.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
sweet .. some man :smile:

There's also a open sale on monday, so might be worth having a look at that. It'll probably be like shooting fish in a barrel. If you go for it, make sure you've already got an account set up on the one plus site and that all the details are filled in and that you're logged into the website prior to the sale opening.

You don't want to be entering any information when their server is getting hammered. Just add the phone to the basket and check out ASAP. Get the accessories in a separate order, nothing worse than getting the phone in the basket only for it to fall over while you're trying to add a screen protector or something!

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator

Its a shame ive had to mess with mine so much, but then again, thats the fun of it.
Only issue is the slowness of the camera, ie take a picture, takes a wee bit for it to show in gallery. Gave my mum the phone and she took close to 30 pictures and none where showing in gallery for at least 2 minutes.

I got the One Plus two glass, Says 9H on it.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Only issue is the slowness of the camera, ie take a picture, takes a wee bit for it to show in gallery. Gave my mum the phone and she took close to 30 pictures and none where showing in gallery for at least 2 minutes.

Can't say I've noticed that one myself...if you take a photo and exit the app before the photo has "bounced" on the right hand side of the screen then weird things happen, but if you take a photo and let that happen (less than a half a second) and then slip to photos then the pictures are there.

I was impressed with how easy it was to get the oneplus glass on.

The moment you’ve been waiting for is finally here! On Monday, October 12, we are holding the first-ever OnePlus 2 open sales for one hour in three different time zones. This way, more fans around the world will get the best time possible to purchase the OnePlus 2 invite-free. We’re setting up the schedule as follows:

October 12
12:00 HKT | 12:00 CET | 12:00 pm PT