ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Titanium 182
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

How can I check my remaining mins/texts on the iphone ?
:(

Edit: Txting balance to 21 202 works but it takes like 5 minutes for a reply.

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport

The 21202 service used to be near instant with replies but has slowed down recently.

Re: iPhone Software 3.0 - Out 17/6 & iPhone 3GS - Out 19/6

Tom have you noticed any slowdown after JBing your 3G S like sneeks has?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yup, huge amounts.

Facelift R53 Cooper S

Really?

like 3G slow? or just slower than the 3G but quicker than the 3G?

Citroen DS3 DSport

I found it was marginally faster then the 3G but nowhere near as fast as it was with stock firmware.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Why Tapatalk iPhone is released only for U.S. store???

The Tapatalk iPhone app currently available on the app store is version 1.1 and is available to U.S app store only. The reason we limit it to U.S. only is due to a show-stopper bug that can crash the app when the iPhone regional setting is set to anything outside United States (e.g. Canada, Sweden, Japan, etc). While we have immediately fixed this issue but it takes time for Apple to review the change. We have submitted a replacement app to Apple and I assure all of you that the next release will be available to rest of the world. We will send you another notification as soon as the next release is available.

SLK 350

3G to 3GS, speed increase is noticable, though not breathtaking when moving through Springboard. Compass integration is useful for Maps, saves walking 50 yards in the wrong direction before GPS dot updates. Camera quite a bit better, particularly for close up shots of documents/small lettering. Video obviously a plus point.

If I wasn't a work phone/perk then I'd not have bothered upgrading it tbh.

The best thing is Voice Control, I was very sceptical as to how well it would work (Google App anyone?) but the thing is awesome. Also discovered if you go into iTunes and rename the Artist to "with <Friends name>'s girlfriends clunge" and then use the syntax "play with <friend>'s girlfriends clunge" it works just fine ;)

Tappd'd RS

lol!

The Voice Control doesn't understand me unless I speak in an American accent! Blame being Scotch for that.

SLK 350

I found I was at times calling people instead of playing an album, but a quick Google for the correct syntax fixed that, the commands very helpfully marquee around on the Voice Control screen also.

95% of the time it's absolutely spot on, very impressive.

Tappd'd RS

Lol!

I'm having more success with it now :)

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
3G Iphone Screen Protector???

I'm on my 3rd now :(. I dropped my phone yesterday and the latest one flew off lol

Question is:

Do you bother with one? If not is your screen scratched to fook?

I tend to buy mine straight from apple. Only problem is they are a reet pain to fit :(. I'm wondering whether is worth spending £10 on two more...

Opinions??

Cheers

Re: 3G Iphone Screen Protector???

go on ebay their something like £5 for 3 so if u f**k up on one u still have others dont go for mirror they are crap cant see the screen on mine

Clio 197 F1

How can I check my remaining mins/texts on the iphone ?
:(

Edit: Txting balance to 21 202 works but it takes like 5 minutes for a reply.

There is an app you can download called allowence.

It tells you your remaining mins, texts and currect spend.

Really quick too.

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!

Anyone read anywhere as to whether the iphone will ever be able to play websites with flash elements?

My as new 16gb 3gs has started with problem of a very low service/no service , most of my calls are failing , i'm not getting mail and messages , then getting them all in one big hit 50+ mail.

Anyway i took it back to CPW , but alas they don't have any in , the whole network doesn't have any.

So i tried to point out i paid for a working phone , and if they don't have my model then they need to either find me one or upgrade me to a 32gb , as i need a working phone!

Basicly , there is no 16's and their not gonna give me a 32 as a replacment , so i just have to wait it out for new stocks.

The WHOLE iphone buiseness smacks of style over substance in every instance from the phone itself to 02 and CFW.

How can Apple/CPW/02 sell all stocks of 16's and not keep any in reserve to cover faulty handsets is either greed or pure amatureish or both.

In the past ive been on other networks and when my phone as developed a fault they would courrier me one out next day , and if they didn't have it in stock they would upgrade me FOC.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Go to an apple retail store.

Fin.

TBH im guessing theres nothing wrong with it.

Go to an apple retail store.

Fin.

TBH im guessing theres nothing wrong with it.

So everybody elses 16gb drops out ALL the time then?

My wife got a 8gb 3g on the same day hers is fine.....

7 calls ( inc 4 to customer service ) in two hours have failed on me, not fit for the purpose it was bought for springs to mind.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

7 calls ( inc 4 to customer service ) in two hours have failed on me, not fit for the purpose it was bought for springs to mind.

Book and appointment with a genius and take it to an apple store, walk out with replacement, job done.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Not good.

My 3GS 16gb Iphone has been good as gold so far.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

I need to get a decent case for mine, my phone's live a hard life. Where's the best online place to get them, ebay?

BMW E46 330i Touring

The WHOLE iphone buiseness smacks of style over substance in every instance from the phone itself to 02 and CFW.

You may have a faulty one, but the phone has a whole lotta substance to go with its style!

RS Megane DCi 175

Just thought I'd stick this in here for any of you guys interested.
Basically I added a bookmark to my home screen for Cliosport - but didn't like the icon so I made my own!

To use it navigate to this link on your iphone and hit the '+' button to add it and voila.

BMW E46 330i Touring

Just thought I'd stick this in here for any of you guys interested.
Basically I added a bookmark to my home screen for Cliosport - but didn't like the icon so I made my own!

To use it navigate to this link on your iphone and hit the '+' button to add it and voila.

How do you make them? Could do with some more of these...

182 Cup

Getting a 16gb 3gs next week and after reading through here very nervous about getting it jailbroken, theres so much to learn!

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

Only problem I have had was virtually no coverage on the train yesterday but think that's the case for any phone.

Is it worth jailbreaking the 3gs or not? What are the risks and downsides to it?

Citroen DS3 DSport

No real risks from jailbreaking the iPhone as you can always perform a full restore if required.

Nike Lunar Elite's

No real risks from jailbreaking the iPhone as you can always perform a full restore if required.

Ditto, even when redsn0w screwed up on mine I just did a restore, rebooted my machine and tried again and it worked fine (there was a slight brown pants moment!).

What have people installed from Cydia? My current list is:
AdBlock
AppSync
CyCorder
CyDelete
Doom
Five Icon Dock
iBluetooth
Lockscreen Clock Hide
MikeItMine
MultiBarLockscreen
OpenSSH
SBSettings
snes4iphone
StatusNotifier
Toggle SSH
Winterboard
20 Second Lock Screen

Any gems I've missed?

1.8 Civic EX

random question now....

I got some DVD ripping/converting software so I can put a couple of my DVDs on the phone (I've already purchased the DVD's legally by the way) and some holiday vids I've got.

Tried it out with a short 20min episode. Converted fine, plays back on the PC fine, it's in the correct video format for the phone (.m4v i believe), moved to iTunes fine, synced onto the phone fine but when playing back on the phone there is no sound??!

all other vids etc work fine, like ones I purchased from iTunes and youtube etc..

Citroen DS3 DSport

Did you convert it with H.264 coding selected?

1.8 Civic EX

not sure tbh...i don't really know alot about doing it...just clicking the buttons lol...i'll have a look, should i have?

Citroen DS3 DSport

Yes it should be used for iPhone formatted videos. Also check which sound settings are being used.

1.8 Civic EX

do you know what the sound settings should be set to?