ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

pissed off tbh.

I've got a dead pixel on my 3gs after 1 week, and its doing my head in. Can i still take this back to O2 or have i got to go to a bloody apple store with it (it came from an O2 shop, and it has a simplicity simcard in it)

Arctic FF 182
Re: iPhone Software 3.0 - Out 17/6 & iPhone 3GS - Out 19/6

Missed a few steps at the end -

FREE TETHERING:

1. Navigate to the following website from your iPhone - help.benm.at
2. Click - Mobileconfigs
3. Select country and network
4. Install
5. Go to Settings>General>Network and turn tethering ON!

:)

Has anyone with a 3gs done this??? and have you heard from o2 if you have, I am interested in tethering but would only use it very occasionally and dont want to pay £15 a month to do it

Welcome on board, Munson. About time. :cool:

You know it makes sense, sister. So much quicker and more responsive than my phase I iPhone, and that isn't exactly slow. I'll keep both machines for now, as the old one is unlocked, innit.

Citroen DS3 DSport

This is far faster than even my 3G, especially when browsing the net. Very glad I upgraded. Even simple tasks like moving the icons around the home screens looks and feels more smooth.

Rav4

Mine started slowing down now.

This is far faster than even my 3G, especially when browsing the net. Very glad I upgraded. Even simple tasks like moving the icons around the home screens looks and feels more smooth.

Barge

You know it makes sense, sister. So much quicker and more responsive than my phase I iPhone, and that isn't exactly slow. I'll keep both machines for now, as the old one is unlocked, innit.

Oui. I knowsit. Even with your black one. ;)

Mines slow where there's no wi-fi or 3G but when there is it's faster than the speed of light, innit! Greedy having two, but wise! How did I live without an iPhone till now!?

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!

Can't believe the speed difference after updating to OS3 on my 3G. It's much slower doing some things now, especially opening texts. I assume it's the new features of the new update taking more processor power. Like the new features but not liking the new slower operation. I notice a it a lot at the minute too, sure it will fade...

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy

Is the Iphone 3gs Pefect?. Makes for interesting read lol

The Iphone 3GS is perfect
It can do no wrong apparently
By Nick Farrell
Monday, 22 June 2009, 12:36

THE RELEASE of the Iphone 3GS has sparked a wave of sycophantic wibble on the world wide web lately.

Reading the material over the weekend techie reporters seemed to have packed their common sense off to a holiday somewhere hot while the rest of their personality writes the most banal lunacy about how wonderful the Iphone 3GS is.

When the new version came out, reviews were actually somewhat muted. Most of the press was concentrated on the fact that the old phone was going to be discounted so that it was as cheap as chips. The new phone spec was a bit better but not really worth the price difference.

But once it was released and fanbois started writing about how wonderful it was, it seems that the tech journalists have had a change of heart.

As SFGate hack Mark Morford points out, people have suddenly stopped moaning about the fact that the phone lacks a microSD card reader, enterprise capabilities, support for multiple codecs, background processing and a real time GPS, and that it's slow syncing and has pathetic video upload, a pants camera and a silly single-core processor.

Instead stories about the Iphone 3GS "being perfect" have started to become currency.

Morford quoted the following from a TechCrunch forum: "This gorgeous little slice of heaven, no bigger than a half deck of cards and prettier than a sleeping cherub in a box of clouds, meets every possible need I have, and many I didn't even know existed. I simply cannot think of a single thing I need it to do that it does not already do with perfect grace and joy. Wow."

Lets be clear about this. No product however good it is has ever been perfect. The fact that people can say such nonsense is part of the reason I think that the Apple media control machine is worse than any atrocity that Microsoft or Intel ever dreamed up.

The Apple dream is one where 'perfection' is defined for you. You buy a slice of that perfection every time you buy a product. It will be perfect until the upgrade comes out and you will have to keep buying or you will not be perfect.

This bizarre relationship only exists with Apple and its fans. Microsoft users expect the Vole's products to go wrong, it is like a running joke. Linux is based on the idea that if something goes wrong the user might be able to fix it.

But there is a loop in the "perfect Apple" thinking. It goes like this: 10 Print "Apple = Perfect" 20 If Apple <> "perfect" then Print "Apple = Better Than Microsoft" 30 If Apple <> "better than Microsoft" go to 10.

What's scary is the power of Apple's reality distortion field to turn (almost) the entire media to promoting its dream factory.

Taken from http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/opinion/1356991/the-iphone-3gs-perfect

Not a Clio

Can't believe the speed difference after updating to OS3 on my 3G. It's much slower doing some things now, especially opening texts. I assume it's the new features of the new update taking more processor power. Like the new features but not liking the new slower operation. I notice a it a lot at the minute too, sure it will fade...

It seems slow to respond to touching the screen. Say for example you watch something on bbc iplayer, touch the screen to bring up the control to pause etc I'm having to tap and tap and tap. Sometimes takes 5 or 6 taps before it finally comes up. I don't know if I'm just impatient or whether my first lot of taps haven't been recognised. With 2.2.1 it was instant with the first tap.

Upgraded and unlocked lastnight to 3.0

Does seem to be faster, love the landscape texting :) Being able to delete individual texts is pretty cool aswell. The copy and paste seems easier to use than clippy was.

Overall very happy :)

3GS might be on the cards once they settle down in price

Cupra

I have been torn away from Nokia after playing with a mates iphone. Do you lot use protective cases or films on your phones? I think i'll need something on it and was after recommendations. Cheers.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

I have been torn away from Nokia after playing with a mates iphone. Do you lot use protective cases or films on your phones? I think i'll need something on it and was after recommendations. Cheers.

I've just got a stick on screen cover on mine atm.

Tappd'd RS

For those experiencing slowdown with 3.0 on a 3G - it was suggested earlier in this thread to do a fresh restore of your phone (not from a backup) and this seems to speed things up.

Tappd'd RS

Just plug your phone into your PC or Mac and hit the restore button from iTunes. Remember this will wipe all your music, contacts and settings from the phone.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I'm on the search for a good case for my 3GS which will offer protection if I drop it but hopefully not scratch the hell out of the chrome bezel during normal use. Any suggestions? I'm told the slider case scratches so that's ruled out.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Switcheasy colour.

My switcheasy capsule rebel is a decent case, bit bulky. But nice.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I think I've decided to buy the iSkin Solo case for my 3GS, read lots of good comments.

My new one..

beamboxmiliproject.jpg

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

Revels - What is that exactly, some sort of power-case thingy-majig?

I'm tring to JB my 3G phone but after following all the instructions on http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4301 it all goes well. Hold the buttons down, see the running pineapple etc..

Once it all reboots i still dont have cydia on my home screen. I've done it twice now making sure it is checked to be installed.
Tried it on my Vista run laptop and my XP run PC.

Help!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

:eek:

*crawls back under my rock*

Washington

ClioSport Club Member

I think I've decided to buy the iSkin Solo case for my 3GS, read lots of good comments.

Top bit of recommending, been looking for something today but not really found anything I want. Might go for one of those.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I spent hours researching which case to buy so it better be good :D

At the last minute I ordered the red case rather than black, hope it looks ok.

I'm tring to JB my 3G phone but after following all the instructions on http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4301 it all goes well. Hold the buttons down, see the running pineapple etc..

Once it all reboots i still dont have cydia on my home screen. I've done it twice now making sure it is checked to be installed.
Tried it on my Vista run laptop and my XP run PC.

Help!

Doesn't matter fixed it myself now.

Facelift R53 Cooper S

does anyone else's emit the 15KHZ tone after you put the device into standby?

mine does it for 2 seconds, but i can only hear it in a silent room...

its took me over a week to realise it so its not bad, just a tad annoying knowing its there....

i would trade it in for another one but other than the tone which is barely audible its perfect i.e. no yellow screen which some people claim to have and my battery life is adequate too

?

Question, does anyone know how to edit iphone contacts?

After going "import sim contacts" all my contacts are fucked up (names etc wrong way round) tried importing them onto windows contacts but that programs useless.

Any way of quickly editing them so i can put first/last names right?

Tappd'd RS

It's one of the options on your phone. In the settings; mail, contacts and calenders.

?

sorry, didnt make it clear. Not all of them are the wrong way round.

Eg:

Mike Drews (cliosport) becomes .... (cliosport) drews mike

and loads of other weird things, some are fine, some arnt. Playing with the options makes no difference.

Need something that edits first/last names of my iphone on the fly

Tesla MP3 2021

Import them to Windows contact then export as a csv file. Open in Excel and edit your contacts accordingly then save the csv file. Delete all of your Windows Contacts and then import your newly saved csv file to Windows Contacts. Finally sync your iPhone with iTunes/Windows conacts.

Fin.

E87 118d M Sport

lol, thats quite cool,

st george's road, Cheltenham!? ;)

yup you got it! (not like it could be wrong is it lol)

ive been away all weekend, and am planning on phoning 02 when i get in to....discuss the bolt on situation. I'll keep you posted with the outcome.

BMW F31

sorry, didnt make it clear. Not all of them are the wrong way round.

Eg:

Mike Drews (cliosport) becomes .... (cliosport) drews mike

and loads of other weird things, some are fine, some arnt. Playing with the options makes no difference.

Need something that edits first/last names of my iphone on the fly

if thats the issue, do as B@llsie said,

Settings
Mail, Contacts, Calendars

scroll down to contacts and change the sort order & Display Order to, First, Last

Lee

BMW M2C

I've got a bit of an odd one with MMS at the moment.

When I updated to 3.0 I got a text from o2 within a couple of minutes to say my account with MMS enabled. Which it is. I can send and receive them fine.

Over the weekend someone sent me an MMS and it sat in my o2 MMS mailbox online, forcing me to access it using the old MMS app. It only seems to happen with that one number though!!! Any other MMS I get sent work fine.

Probably a bug in the system o2 end.