ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

182 Cup
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

Jesus this thing is doing my tits in, I cant get connected to putty. Its asking for my iphones root#, what the hell do I put in there?

Arctic FF 182

I am thinking of jailbraking my 3gs using purplera1n, if I was to would I loose my messages? And if I had to restore would I then loose my messages, and is there any way of backing up my messages? And after the jb will i still be able to use iTunes? Sorry for all the questions im new to all this :eek:

Fiat Panda 100hp

Wheres the best place to download the s/w to jailbreak it?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

I am thinking of jailbraking my 3gs using purplera1n, if I was to would I loose my messages? And if I had to restore would I then loose my messages, and is there any way of backing up my messages? And after the jb will i still be able to use iTunes? Sorry for all the questions im new to all this :eek:

I don't know anything about purplera1n, i did mine with redsn0w the other day, but with redsn0w:

- You won't lose all your messages and if you need to restore you can back your messages up first through itunes so you won't lose them.

- Yes you can still use itunes as normal after JB'ing.

Arctic FF 182

I don't know anything about purplera1n, i did mine with redsn0w the other day, but with redsn0w:

- You won't lose all your messages and if you need to restore you can back your messages up first through itunes so you won't lose them.

- Yes you can still use itunes as normal after JB'ing.

Thankyou, gonna give it a go now :D

Golf R/Leon FR

Right, another Iphone noob here,

have a few questions:

1) Can i transfer my old txt's from my old phone from my sim card?

2) Wi-fi works from home but nowhere else, do i need to speak to O2 about getting wifi active on my sim? Do i need a new sim? (Currently on simplicity tariff with no bolt ons)

3) Is there anyway i can download flash player to view certain vids? (eg bbc website)

4) How do i make my songs into ringtones? can this be done for txts also?

Sorry for all the questions.

Also is there anything else i should do, such like apps etc?
Btw the phone is 3G 16gb

1) No.

2) You'll need whatever password the network requires.

3) No.

4) iRinger. Google it.

Barge

Following on from Revels, if you haven't done so get 3.0 OS. And check out the apps thread which is knocking around.

Golf R/Leon FR

already got 3.0 installed needster. will check the app thread :)

revels - i tried to connect to the free wifi in mcdonalds yesterday but it wouldnt let me. is it the cloud wifi or something?

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

Gonna restore mine. Got some rubbish in here so restore and re-jailbreak

Citroen DS3 DSport

already got 3.0 installed needster. will check the app thread :)

revels - i tried to connect to the free wifi in mcdonalds yesterday but it wouldnt let me. is it the cloud wifi or something?

You need to have the o2 unlimited wifi bolt-on in order to access BT Openzone and The Cloud

Could anyone please send me a guide on how to unlock the 1st gen iphone 2g. Thanks

As Sneeks says, you need the bolt on for that.

I'd like to think you have the data bolt on or it's going to cost you a fortune..

M135i

just restoring mine to normal. The Failbreak was causing mine to run sllooooooowwww.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

just restoring mine to normal. The Failbreak was causing mine to run sllooooooowwww.

Take it you've got a 3G?

On my 3GS i've got it jailbroken and all sorts of s**t running and its not really noticeable if its slowed down except occassionally when you open something, the 3GS's extra power lets it handle it much better apparantly

M135i

yes ive got a lowly 3G. I dont think the failbreak offered me much anyway.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

yes ive got a lowly 3G. I dont think the failbreak offered me much anyway.

Jailbreak has 1 thing that anyone with an iphone will benefit from immensely, but we're not aloud to discuss it on here as its not exactly legal ;)

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

Restoringmine to original as we speak ready to jailbreak again :)

182 Cup

As Sneeks says, you need the bolt on for that.

I'd like to think you have the data bolt on or it's going to cost you a fortune..

Hang on, does connecting to the net via iPhone using my home wireless cost money?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Heres my customised iphone:

attachment.php

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

Im liking that theme. Whats it called? Quite like the way you have organised your apps into folders as well. Might try that on mine

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

The theme is Orbz 2.2, you won't find it on cydia though only 2.1 is on there you'll need to SSH into your phone to install it and may need to rename some icons to get them to appear properly. The theme comes with a plainer background but i fancied a change so i set it to optimus prime instead :p.

The apps are organised into folders using categories which you can find on cydia. Thats the only page on my springboard now so no scrolling through pages and pages of stuff, i just click on the folder i need :)

Also recommend a program called KeyVib. It makes the phone ever so slightly vibrate when you press a key whilst texting etc, i like it it gives a bit of feedback which makes texting on the touch screen alot easier imo.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Soo soo messy.

Five icon dock, reflective dock, transparent dock, no docked icon labels.

Done.

Golf R/Leon FR

another noob question

im not receiving any txt messages or phone calls. The Mrs has rang me numerous times and it goes to voicemail, swapped my sim to my old phone and her call came through fine then.
Also she has sent 2 txt's and ive not received them either.

Yesterday she sent me a txt, the phone turned itself off and wiped all my previous txts off that were on there and hasnt worked since then.

any ideas? do i need to do a restore? ive not jailbroken it btw

Cupra

******d ones but not the cydia free ones?

I got an incipio feather today and after f**king about with the screen protector finally got it on. Does anybody use an Invisishield? I have one ordered but after the hassle of putting this one on, I am dreading doing a full cover. I was fighting a never ending battle with dust particles.

Has anybody else here got scrathes all over the back of their phone from the cover? It's only been on a coupleof days and there are quite a few small scratches already. Will be resortingto the invisishield now instead.

Does anyone know of any programs that allow you to backup/save the messages from the iphone so that they can be read on a PC? Free btw please! :)

Also any links to needed info for JBing and sort of FAQs? I did my 1st gen a few years back but it seems a lot has changed since.

Golf R/Leon FR

another noob question

im not receiving any txt messages or phone calls. The Mrs has rang me numerous times and it goes to voicemail, swapped my sim to my old phone and her call came through fine then.
Also she has sent 2 txt's and ive not received them either.

Yesterday she sent me a txt, the phone turned itself off and wiped all my previous txts off that were on there and hasnt worked since then.

any ideas? do i need to do a restore? ive not jailbroken it btw

ive restored it and is still doing it, i have to send myself a txt to make her msg come through.

any ideas? pls

Golf R/Leon FR

cheers sneeks, looks like a very common problem

Citroen DS3 DSport

I had a quick read of that thread, try disabling Push if active and see if it makes any difference. It is a very odd problem.

Golf R/Leon FR

i dont have push, 3g or wifi enabled. they have suggested deleting the APN from the settings but not sure if it will work.

Some have said its a software problem with the latest update

Golf R/Leon FR

seems it is push setting on my mail, it was on not off like i thought, seems to be working fine now :)

cheers sneeks for the link :)

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

Don't wanna search through 200 pages so quick question..

I've downloaded songs off iTunes on my iPhone. Can I transfer them to iTunes on my pc?

edit: found out I can...woop woop!

Cupra

Nothing. Same as usual, Dave.

Download AppSync from Cydia though, it'll sync your *****'d applications.

Having bricked my phone today with an update from Cydia, this will now come in handy! Just a pity it does not cover all files on the phone. :D

182 Cup

Folks, is it possible to connect iphone 3gs directly to my 04 182 cup standard stereo, if so where can one get the required lead?