ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMP Roll cage fitting instruction

Vee 6
Got a secondhand 6 point cage and just about to start installing it, Can anybody scan and send me the instructions please.

I know it's not rocket science, But interested in the mounting box sections proper location/ dimensions and the "B" pillar attachment.

Cheers

SQ5
Put the cage in and fix it on the holes that go into the seat belt mounts on the b pillar. Fix the front up and you will see where everything goes.

You need to do that anyway as all cages will be slightly different. So fit it on them two, which is a surprisingly good tight fit and work out your templates!

Vee 6
Cheers Danny,

I have most of it stripped out and sitting in place, The top mounts on the rear hoop only seem to line up with the adjustable sliding seat belt mounting hole on the B pillar.

Ideally i'd like to remove these sliding mech's but quess this is where the rear hoop was meant to attach ?? And i'd also imagine there should be a spacer tube in there too.

I've also been supplied with some angled pieces to weld in, They are not the best match to the floor and am wondering if they are the original parts supplied and just a bad fit or are buckshee bits.

SQ5
There's a fixing without keeping adjustable bits in I think, I forget now as was two years ago! You will need a spacer of some kind! I seem to remember the bolts i used were the rear seat belt ones and they worked perfectly!

As far as mount goes we just made a load of new plates and box section up!

Vee 6
I've been studying yours already dude, But see you have no pic's of the upper fixing in place. Did you get it fixed to the top hole? ( It looks low )

I'm planing on using this cage for a bit of competition work and don't want to trip myself up at scrutineering, So trying to get it spot on first time.

Qashcow
Ah right, they both needed moving on mine as they were no where even near the bolt points on the car. Two steel inch long spacers were made in the end. Burpspeed just use lots of washers and pass scutineering with that :)