ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMG Im actually going to cry soon...

PH1 V6
My bloody car keeps knocking from the NSF!

I posted a thread in the suspension section a few weeks back and have taken my car to the garage who have told me they cannot find the answer to the knocking! i mean wtf.

Its at SLOW speeds irrespective of turning or going over any big bumps etc and iv been told driveshafts are perfectly intact. its coming from the NSF and sounds like the top mount knocking against the turret.... the garage took the whole strut apart including top mounts etc and said there was nothing wrong with any of it. the wishbone on the drivers side was replaced recently with a new ball joint so cant be that. I must sound like a girl but it is driving me mad because i dont know what it is and i know there is something really not right so im not just going to put up with it as iv been told lol. simple but expensive solution would be to replace everything but thats not logical.

If anyone has any ideas of what to look out for etc then it would be much appreciated. If i was a mechanic i would find the bloody problem and im convinced that given the correct tools and a ramp i would be more use than some of the people you come across in a "garage" lol.

Clio 200 Full Fat W/ Cup
was it the 172 that had a problem with the washers on the top of the suspension turrets?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Water gathers in the top turret and causes slight corrosion iirc.

Solid top mounts will sort this, its not an expensive fix and a feature on loads of Clios

PH1 V6
not tried the washer thing yet but could is really cause such a knocking noise? i dont actually understand how a small washer prevents the knocking?

excuse my lack of knowledge... some patients would be appreciated. I have searched through the entire forum for answers relating to my particular problem lol

53 Clio's & counting
Get your gearbox mount checked

iv had this noise, sounded like suspension/driveshaft area, turned out the stud that the box mount bolts to, the bottom nut had come loose

PH1 V6
ok thanks mate i will get that looked at. sounds like its coming from the front strut area but i guess it could be hard to make out where a noise is coming from unless you can actually see it!

ITB'd MK1
remove the top mount top-hat. you should see where it's been rubbing. Minor grinding (renault do this too) on the spots where it hits, sorts it out

a black one
Is it definitely your suspension, because knocking could also be the track rods or lower ball joint?

the knocking on mine was the track rod.

PH1 V6
thats a very good point, i will have these checked tomorrow. Could be so many things lol trial and errror is the only way of finding out!