ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Ollie's Silver Cup
Sneak peak at the RS2 fitted :)

Hope this works, as I've never uploaded a photo from tapatalk before!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311055855.045809.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311055855.045809.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 217

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Re: Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/428s/Wilwood/2118

Look at that mucky engine!

Owen

ClioSport Admin

Looks a neat fit. Hi Mr Shiny Mocal in the background.

VHT silver or crackle balck for the cam cover Oli?

Ollie's Silver Cup

I've now driven a good couple of hundred miles with the RS2 fitted and, as per my short comment yesterday, absolutely brilliant. I'm hugely impressed; particularly when considering that the car, at present, is running the completely standard Renault map.

It feels as though the usable power has been nicely spread throughout the entire rev range, giving the feeling that it'll just pull and pull and pull.

After picking it up from JMS yesterday, I immediately found a nice section of country lane to give it some beans. It seem to pick up pace so much quicker and smoother; the muffled intake noise is also a much welcomed and appreciated bonus!

Then, driving home down the M25 and M1. Cruising along the motorway in fifth I noticed that it was so much easier to simply squeeze the accelerator a little to effortlessly overtake; rather than, as often before, dropping down a gear.

I'm also, of course, very happy with the high quality of the product and the neatness of the installation. I think Tom really has made a very impressive package/kit with regards the RS2; to someone wanting noticeably more performance out of their RS, yet wants to retain the OE drivability and electronics, I would highly recommend getting in touch with the guys at JMS.

Tom and James were also both very helpful and informative, as well as being highly enthusiastic about the product they're selling; which always gives a good impression.

So, some 'proper' photos. I've given the engine bay a bit of a clean; it's looking tidier, especially the tanks, hoses, etc. I just need to spend a bit more time cleaning the rocker covers, before giving it a coat of paint.

5954305844_17e6f6ba16_z.jpg

5954306550_6c76c2311a_z.jpg

5954306076_6f20eb01d3_z.jpg

5954306250_a3a2bbd4c7_z.jpg

Ollie's Silver Cup

Looks a neat fit. Hi Mr Shiny Mocal in the background.

VHT silver or crackle balck for the cam cover Oli?

I think I'll be going with the crackle black; I feel it'll go better with the black hoses and colour scheme on the RS2. :)

Hopefully I'll get this sorted before CSS. The rocker cover actually looks more dirty in the photos than in real life; honest! lol!

53 Clio's & counting

looks tidy mate :)

The standard ECU is a very good bit of kit, although not optimised yet im not suprised it feels good - even when I itb'd mine it ran ok on the standard map, and the ecu managed to adjust enough to keep it safe.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Nice little review...

Looks great and hopefully mine will look and drive as well as yours :)

Clio 172

Been following this with a lot of interest - your car is rather similar in a few areas! Same colour, same tyres, same brakes, soon to be same intake and same exhaust!

Car is absolutely mint! Love it.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Thanks for the comments! I'm very pleased with it; I think Tom and James have done a great job. :)

I'm hoping to get the painting (and the fitting of the nimbus heatshield) done sooner rather than later; in time for CSS would be a bonus. ;)

I want the loud exhaust gone, as intake noise is so much better! :evil:

Evo 5 RS

It's obviously not loud enough then in that airbox ;)

KTR supersport here with no silencer and decat, and yet still all you can hear is pure induction :rasp:

Ollie's Silver Cup

ollie dont get rid of the exhaust dude sounds nice

It's been on the cards to go for a while actually.

I love how it sounds when giving it some, but, sadly that doesn't make up for how it drones on the motorway.

It never used to bother me, but I think as I'm growing up a bit, I'd sooner go for a quiet option; BTB or Yozza stealth. :)

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep

looks lovely Ollie, just need to paint the rocker cover a crackled black or something like a Ferrari engine.

Look forward to seeing this at CSS :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

It will very much be crackle black paint to the rescue of the tired looking rocker cover! :)

5517355403_082af3cbab_z.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

glad your pleased with the rs2 oli. nice little write up too.

the crackle paint will finish the bay off nicely.

when is it booked for the mapping?

Ollie's Silver Cup

glad your pleased with the rs2 oli. nice little write up too.

the crackle paint will finish the bay off nicely.

when is it booked for the mapping?

We're holding fire on mapping for the time being.

Once it's been established whether it's worthwhile going to the expense of putting the cams in too (depending on the results of some calibration work) that'll be sorted and the mapping will follow. :approve:

n/a

It's been on the cards to go for a while actually.

I love how it sounds when giving it some, but, sadly that doesn't make up for how it drones on the motorway.

It never used to bother me, but I think as I'm growing up a bit, I'd sooner go for a quiet option; BTB or Yozza stealth. :)

it was quite loud but it sounded awesome, car looks tremendous its got to be the best for sure. Hope to see it in the flesh dream spec mate.

Discounted 1*2 parts

Everytime I look at your car I think it can't get any better! But you keep pulling things out the bag!!

As i've said a number of times before I love this car :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

it was quite loud but it sounded awesome, car looks tremendous its got to be the best for sure. Hope to see it in the flesh dream spec mate.

hmmm I still think it will be changed for something less intrusive. Sometimes it would be nice to have a nice quiet drive without the loud exhaust note. :)

Everytime I look at your car I think it can't get any better! But you keep pulling things out the bag!!

As i've said a number of times before I love this car :)

Thanks, mate! :D

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Any update on the wobble situation; I imagine the gearbox is close to arriving? :)

No update as yet, gearbox is on order from Renault, they quoted 7 - 10 days so hopefully arrive end of this week, early next, I just pray that it solves the issue!

n/a

i know what u mean ollie, i start work and have a little motorway run on the way to work at 3/4 in the morning could do without the noise tbh gets on your nerves lol. when you getting the cams put in?

Ollie's Silver Cup

Originally, the cams were due to be fitted at the same time as the RS2.

However, there's currently another car in the process of having that setup calibrated; iirc it already had 428's fitted, then added an RS2.

After discussing with Tom, I'm going to wait until calibration of this car is complete in order to see whether it's worth going to the expense of installing the cams alongside the intake. If the 428's only show a marginal increase over just the RS2, then I won't be pursuing the fitting of them any further.

I'm hoping that the calibration shows strong gains with the cams; however, if it's not the case, I won't be too bothered now as the RS2 is hugely impressive on it's own! :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

However, there's currently another car in the process of having that setup calibrated; iirc it already had 428's fitted, then added an RS2.

After discussing with Tom, I'm going to wait until calibration of this car is complete in order to see whether it's worth going to the expense of installing the cams alongside the intake. If the 428's only show a marginal increase over just the RS2, then I won't be pursuing the fitting of them any further.

I'm hoping that the calibration shows strong gains with the cams; however, if it's not the case, I won't be too bothered now as the RS2 is hugely impressive on it's own! :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172

Just done my inlet manifold with the same VHT wrinkle paint, result was ace! well chuffed with it. Just have to be patient with it. Word of warning though, if you bake it in the oven - open as many windows as poss, my mums house smelt rank for a while! lol

IMG-20110709-00020.jpg

Clio 172 Cup

Great choice of paint :) can't wait to see the engine bay all finished and together.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Just done my inlet manifold with the same VHT wrinkle paint, result was ace! well chuffed with it. Just have to be patient with it. Word of warning though, if you bake it in the oven - open as many windows as poss, my mums house smelt rank for a while! lol

Good luck getting your engine in the Oven Oliver LOL ;)

As a matter of interest how do you plan on heating the crinkle paint, Heat Gun?