ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Audi TT 3.2
Carbon bits look great Ollie, bumper off is not to hard ive done it a few time on my old RB.

Ill have to sort out coming over meeting you for a few snaps and you old diamond.

Ollie's Silver Cup
I'll hopefully get that and the splitter done tomorrow, or over the weekend sometime. :)

Yeah! Need to arrange photos and the diamond mate. :approve:

Ollie's Silver Cup
Sorted. :D New carbon splitter and headlight washer blanks were sorted this afternoon.

Just need to leave the washer blanks to dry properly overnight before tidying up the silicone neatly around edges.

6153132121_a154e614d2_z.jpg

6153679422_60ea953c50_z.jpg

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
It's easy as pie mate, few bolts here and there and it's straight off, give it a go, the main bolts that hold it on are in the arches, then take the bolts off the front arches, remove the black plastic grill under the bonnet away and it basically pops out. Really is easy

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
It's easy as pie mate, few bolts here and there and it's straight off, give it a go, the main bolts that hold it on are in the arches, then take the bolts off the front arches, remove the black plastic grill under the bonnet away and it basically pops out. Really is easy

Thanks, if I get stuck I'll be PM-ing you both then ;)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Hmm not a fan of the blanks if I'm honest, with those and the bonnet catches it just looks like random black stickers!

Tek'em'off!

Ollie's Silver Cup
Thanks guys! It will have carbon wing mirrors some time soon.

I'll most likely order a few bits at a time. Overall however, they'll be rear diamond, rear bumper trim, bullets, mirrors and dash strips. :)

Completely blown away by the quality and finish of the Streamline stuff, really good imo.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
looks amazing, i bought carbon front badge of streamline and i too was blown away by how good it came out. get what you pay for though! keep up the good work.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm not a fan of the blanks if I'm honest, with those and the bonnet catches it just looks like random black stickers!

Tek'em'off!

I love this car, but i have to agree. I think the catches and carbon blanks is too much. if you lost the blanks or the catches it would look awesome. Might look better in person.

Ollie's Silver Cup
I need to start looking for a new head unit soon too, as mine is playing up a bit! :(

It's an expense I didn't want, but can't be helped I suppose; I've had the existing one for around 3-4 years now.

Ollie's Silver Cup
Timed it right with the weather and gave the car a clean today. (It's now raining seriously heavy!)

Hopefully tomorrow if the weather is alright, I'll give the car a going over with the DA polisher again.

Tucked away in the garage clean for tonight though;

6158669035_520658fcba_z.jpg

LY 182
Lush!

I always think pictures rarely do carbon stuff justice as opposed to seeing the car in the flesh but that shows it off pretty nicely indeed.

CBR1K, F21 125D
Would have been nicer to mimic the plastic mesh on the bottom grill.

Instead of essentially having 3 different style grills on the front of one car.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Would have been nicer to mimic the plastic mesh on the bottom grill.

Instead of essentially having 3 different style grills on the front of one car.

Thats a great idea! Ollie get yourself a second hand lower grille and chop it up to fit behind the fogs...

Ollie's Silver Cup
Hmm nice idea, but I can't see the lower grill plastic looking right in the fog light holes. I'm really happy with how my super duper ripspeed mesh looks lol! :)

Also, to update in here, today I decided to get the DA polisher out; it's been just over 3 months since it was last done, so it was about due.

I washed yesterday with dodo juice supernatural shampoo, then today cracked on with polishing and waxing.

As before, I used the Menzern polishes again. I did a couple of passes with a polishing compound (PF2500) on a polishing pad, followed by a couple of passes with a finishing compound (SF4000) on a finishing pad. Then, I used a couple of waxes; Dodo Juice light fantastic, followed by Dodo Juice Supernatural.

Really happy with the results, it's produced a deep shine (especially considering it's a silver car) and should give loads of protection from the waxes too.

I think it's the best results/finish I've had from detailing the car tbh! :D

6163268988_32a9c330ca_z.jpg

And, as posted elsewhere, in the underground carpark at Waitrose earlier today. :) Great lighting down there for photos.

6163268302_cf6bab706c_z.jpg

Ollie's Silver Cup
The quality of the splitter is fantastic, like any item from Streamline really. :)

It must be fractionally slimmer than the K-Tec splitter, as I can get up my drive without scraping now! :D

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Looks Great Ollie, Really fancy some Bonnet Catches for mine but -

1. My Bonnet is dented to fook
2. I have not got the balls to cut holes in my bonnet.

Im ditching the Carbon bits on my car I think, Splitter is ruined by stone chips, I dont like the Rear Bumper insert anymore and my Fog Light surrounds came unstuck LOL (Although I may keep these.

Ollie's Silver Cup
That last pic is pretty awesome. Wasn't too sure on the carbon washer blanks on a silver car but seems to work really well.

Thanks. I'm really happy with how they look actually. :)

Looks Great Ollie, Really fancy some Bonnet Catches for mine but -

1. My Bonnet is dented to fook
2. I have not got the balls to cut holes in my bonnet.

Im ditching the Carbon bits on my car I think, Splitter is ruined by stone chips, I dont like the Rear Bumper insert anymore and my Fog Light surrounds came unstuck LOL (Although I may keep these.

The metal on the bonnet is pretty thin actually, meaning it's pretty easy to cut through!

Luckily, an aerocatch replaced a dent on mine haha ;)

that is one very smart clean clio very nice mate looks like alot off effort has been put into it :D

Thanks! :D

As said before the car look great and as you say I think the mesh for the fog's looks great :)

It's a shame I had to buy so much mesh. They only did it in one size, so I've got 90% of it left! lol

Just been through all 78 pages, my god, I love this! Serious hero points for everything, love your attention to detail!

Thanks! :eek:

Do you take this car on track ollie?

I've not yet, however, I do intend to. :)

looks lovely after putting the polisher to it mate. fantastic car this love everything about it

I think I'm slowly getting better at detailing and using the DA polisher. I'll give it another go in a few months. :approve: