ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Ollie's Silver Cup
Re: Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/428s/Wilwood/2118

Had confirmation today from Streamline that my order was finished and on it's way.

It's been sent this afternoon, first class, so hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow! :)

Looking forward to it arrive, as it's feels like ages ago when I ordered.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Sadly, there's no sign of this order yet. :dapprove:

Hopefully tomorrow!

On the plus side, only a couple of days until the car is mapped at RST. :evil:

Last edited:

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Need to get round to sorting the mapping on mine soon, probably get it sorted in next month or so!

Got to finalise the gearbox situation first :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

New pre-cat lambda is now in too. The car actually feels more lively and smooth! :)

Can't wait to get the engine work/package finished off tomorrow. :D

Still nothing from streamline though... :(

Ollie's Silver Cup
I'm looking forward to getting it and I'm sure the quality will be brilliant.

It has taken a little longer than expected; it'll probably arrive tomorrow when I'm not here! lol!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Yes mate, didn't really need to do much; just wanted that lambda sorting which I got done today. :)

See you tomorrow!

Ollie's Silver Cup
Mapping went really well :)

The initial run (standard map) it went in at 171.6 HP.

Paul then did his thing and it produced 185.1 HP.

A standard 172 would be around 165 I imagine? So I've seen a pretty solid increase from the RS2.

It's really shown how important the mapping is for these kits too; the torque in the mid-range especially has picked up nicely.

Highly recommend RS Tuning. Fantastic work and service! :)

Last edited:
  Ollie's Silver Cup
Quick photo from yesterday;

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315635207.625711.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315635207.625711.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 115
  Renault 5 Turbo

That's fantastic mate :) bet you were grinning from ear to ear on the way home ;)

TTRS & V50

I keep expecting to see 190+ results from these kits.

Although remembering a standard 172 is 165bhp then it ain't bad. As long as your happy.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
You running a de-cat Ollie? I've heard you can map it to suit v-power as well? I think I'd be happy with those results as well :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

That's fantastic mate :) bet you were grinning from ear to ear on the way home ;)

It pulls really well now; can certainly feel the difference it's made. :)

Good work Oli:)

Cheers, mate. :D

I keep expecting to see 190+ results from these kits.

Although remembering a standard 172 is 165bhp then it ain't bad. As long as your happy.

190 would have been a nice figure, certainly.

It actually made 187 during one run iirc, but then it was adjusted slightly to give more torque in the mid/top end.

But, as you've said, considering a 172 is around 165bhp; I've effectively gained around 20bhp from the package. :)

Given what it costs, that's very good value imo and something that I'm very happy with.

How long was the car on the rollers for being mapped?

How does it drive now it's mapped?

My booking was at 2pm. Dean's car was finished shortly after, then it was onto mine.

I think it was about half past 3 when mine was finished. :)

You running a de-cat Ollie? I've heard you can map it to suit v-power as well? I think I'd be happy with those results as well :)

I've got a de-cat, yeah. I bought it ready for the RS2 as I was told it works better with one. :)

The mapping really brings it together tbh; Paul's skills are awesome. :cool:

Ollie's Silver Cup

Now that my RS2 package is finished, I thought I'd spend a bit of time writing a more in-depth post about my experiences.

I've made a number of comments and posts, since having the kit originally fitted, about how impressed I was by the product and way the car felt; regardless of any bad publicity and reviews it may have received in recent weeks, I still stand by my opinion that it's a very good product that achieves its purpose very well. :)

Starting with the group buy; I joined it and ordered the kit way back January. So, it's nice to finally have the work completed and be happy with the results.

The time waiting obviously included the development of the newer design single piece base manifold (MR25). This was something that made the group buy enjoyable for me; as the new base manifold was being designed, it was good being kept in the loop with updates on how it was progressing and the work involved in it's development at different stages.

There's no denying that there were some quite serious issues with communication towards the end of the group buy and from a customer perspective it became quite frustrating at times.

However, I also think it's really important to add that, James has been fantastic at sorting things out over the last couple of weeks since the closure of JMS. :) I do hope that he picks up the building and sales of the RS2 in the future.

I took a trip down to JMS in mid-July to have the kit fitted. The workman ship was spot on, with a very neat installation of all parts.

Alongside this, the lads also fitted the black silicone hoses and mocal catch tank I'd bought to supplement the manifold. There was no real reason for these additions, other than aethetics and tarting. :cool:

So, to throw up a few photos of my engine and the RS2 finished. Some I've posted previously, some not;

6099201229_595ab862b8_z.jpg

6099748414_177edeb665_z.jpg

6103507979_0000b6cc37_z.jpg

6103507697_1d73bf500f_z.jpg

Even running on the standard Renault map, I was very impressed with the product and loved the way the car now felt. It's much smoother and more linear in it's power delivery, the car feels to pull much stronger than previously as though it would just go and go and go.

I ran unmapped like this for almost a couple of months, before yesterday, I took a trip up to Leeds so that Paul at RS Tuning could work his magic.

A quick iPhone snap from yesterday, after the car had just been pulled onto the rollers;

6132458689_bf7f409649_z.jpg

When it went in yesterday, on the standard map, the car produced 171bhp.

About an hour later, with Pauls mapping, it was up to 185.1bhp and the torque was looking much better. :D

I think it's a healthy figure for an RS2'd car and it's something I'm very happy with.

Most importantly though, the mapping really brought everything together and improved on the things I loved about the kit in the first place; the smoothness of the power delivery.

Figure wise, I don't know exactly what I've gained as the car was never put on a rolling road prior to having the intake fitted; however, given that standard 172's are around 165bhp, I've achieved around a 20bhp increase with the RS2.

The kit, as part of the group buy, was a little over a thousand pounds. There's then the fitting and mapping which took the package price to around £1,350, again as part of the group buy. In terms of the Clio tuning market and comparable products, at present, an approximate 20bhp increase for £1,350 is pretty good going. The other option I was considering before ordering my RS2 was the ITB route; undoubtedly it would have given higher levels of performance, but, the costs would have been almost double.

Ultimately, I really am very happy with the end result. It's a car I absolutely love driving. :evil:

Glad your liking the car Ollie, what torque figures did it make? mine peaked at 150lbs and ran at around 145lbs throughout the rev range, drives so much better and pulls from way down the rev range, as paul said i could of had a little more bhp with decat and exhaust but the extra few bhp i would not notice, but it produced the nice torque figures what the product achieved, mine ran around 160bhp standard so i have gained the same as you about 20bhp ish from the RS2 and remap

Ollie's Silver Cup

Peak torque was 150lbs at a fraction over 2500rpm.

Like Dean's it then runs at around 145lbs throughout the range, before dropping off slightly at around 6800.

It's completely eliminated the flat spot I had mid-range.

I do have a print out from Paul of the graph, which I'll post up when I can; I don't have a scanner at home anymore though! :dapprove:

Nice the mapping went well and it's complete now with good results. Has the streamline carbon stuff turned up yet?

Ollie's Silver Cup

Sadly not. :dapprove:

Considering it was supposedly sent on Monday first class...I can't see it myself. :eek: lol

Ollie's Silver Cup

Think this is about the best post of the graph I'm going to get without the use of a scanner. :)

6133515378_6412a9ca13_z.jpg

Ollie's Silver Cup

Did you also have that flat spot between about 2750 and 4000, before mapping? :)

I can't remember how your original graph looked.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Sorry, don't really have any videos.

I'll hopefully borrow or buy a GoPro camera in the near future, so should be able to get something. :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
How come you dropped the cams? Or didn't you?

Also, why does your pre run drop off at 6.5k revs? Cold limiter? If so it might of had more in it pre?

Ollie's Silver Cup
Cams were dropped and sold a few weeks ago; they never actually got fitted in the end.

The long and short of it is, it didn't look very promising that they'd work well alongside the RS2. My understanding is that the RS2 was designed around the completely stock engine; ultimately, it proved better to keep it that way. :)

It must have been the cold limited; surprising though, as I thought it would have been up to temperature easily.

53 Clio's & counting
It probably was up to temp, the sudden high rush of water caused by full throttle on the dyno probably blew some slightly colder coolant past the temp sensor, causing it to hit the cold limiter - it takes a fair while for the whole coolant system to reach a level temperature

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Probably not the most accurate graph then...

Just checked mine, and power did increase after 6.5k. Only a few bhp but still, to be a fair comparison it would be better to be a full run.

Ollie's Silver Cup
The pre-mapping figure (171.6) isn't really much use for a comparison anyway, as really it's the RS2 package at a half way stage.

It does go to show how important calibration/mapping is to the RS2 though, especially looking at the torque curves. :)

It's a shame I never had the car on a rolling road when the car was standard before the RS2 was fitted; then I'd have had a definite before and after for comparison.

I think typically standard 172's make around the 165bhp mark? Given that the car's now 185bhp, I'm really happy with roughly a 20bhp gain from the package. :)

And, as mentioned in my essay above, the RS2 supplied, fitted and mapped as part of the group buy cost me about half that of an ITB setup.

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I see, i presumed it was from before everything.

Yeh, would of been interesting to see a genuine before and after!

Ollie's Silver Cup
I see, i presumed it was from before everything.

Yeh, would of been interesting to see a genuine before and after!

No mate, sadly I have no standard results for a proper comparison.

The pre-mapping figure was as the car arrived at RS Tuning yesterday, with the RS2 fitted. :)