ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I know it's not a hatch, but I love these... Never had one either. Had plenty of SRi's but no GSi. :-(

e7ae52d9d3e9a9e8989932810792dcd9.jpg

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
My dad had a cavalier Sri. Loved it!! Would love a GSI. Only ever seen maybe 3 in my lifetime and they all seem to be driven by old neds

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Can't be many at all. I love the look of them. Big shitty box. Look great in white too. The Sri was white and looked epic. Was only a 1.8 auto but it went like stink

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I've been digging for pics of my old 205mi16 that was stripped to the bone but can't find a single sodding one :(
Found my old insurance documents for it though and that's just made me want another 😢

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
In keeping with the f*ck the hatchback rule, in the early 90's my best mate went to collage with a lad that had a modified Lotus Carlton, not that it's big or clever but he made a sh*t load of money street racing in Birmingham with it, they're worth a bloody fortune now.

1464507vauxhall-carlton-lotus-4.jpg

Vauxhall-Lotus-Carlton-1990-1992-Photo-05.jpg

Last edited:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
We had one at my old company, it was one of our customers car's which we had in for paint.

Me and the painter took it to the bakers to get our lunch, rhd one too.

Went well for a big old bus. [emoji41]

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Miss my old Mk2 Fiesta...such a fun car.

Had a 195bhp 160lbft 2.0 zetec engine with ported head, newman cams, bike carbs etc. Which I then changed for a Focus Rs engine running 230bhp and 250lbft.

Other bits were Ib5 with custom ratios and quaife diff, adjustable tcas and tie rods, adjustable arb, gaz coilovers with custom rates, 6 point cage, acewell dash, frst recaros, polycarb windows and loads of other bits.

RICHSAMSML6-0402.jpg

DSC_3717.jpg

DSC_3603.jpg

DSC_3789.jpg

DSC_3777.jpg

Boost
intakepipe.jpg

Custom rad and intercooler setup to keep it stealth
DSC_00212.jpg

Some other old Fords I've had
splitter3.jpg

cab.jpg

nice1.jpg

nice2.jpg

Swift Sport
Talbot/Chrysler/Lotus Sunbeam is the car I've always wanted. One of the greatest RWD hot hatches and brilliant rally cars. Makes me feel old knowing that I used to see one racing about outside my school on my lunch break.

16394169372_1bf63a5e63_z.jpg

Had a passenger lap in this one on a makeshift rally stage at Bruntingthorpe which was awesome.

25267979720_08e8f9c21f_z.jpg

I took this picture at the Donington Rally earlier this year. Proper job!

Last edited:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
That pulsar on the other page. :cool: I still want one.
Also, how the f**k is a Lotus Carlton a hatchback? Awesome but not hatchback..lol

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Miss my old Mk2 Fiesta...such a fun car.

Had a 195bhp 160lbft 2.0 zetec engine with ported head, newman cams, bike carbs etc. Which I then changed for a Focus Rs engine running 230bhp and 250lbft.

Other bits were Ib5 with custom ratios and quaife diff, adjustable tcas and tie rods, adjustable arb, gaz coilovers with custom rates, 6 point cage, acewell dash, frst recaros, polycarb windows and loads of other bits.

RICHSAMSML6-0402.jpg

DSC_3717.jpg

DSC_3603.jpg

DSC_3789.jpg

DSC_3777.jpg

Boost
intakepipe.jpg

Custom rad and intercooler setup to keep it stealth
DSC_00212.jpg

Some other old Fords I've had
splitter3.jpg

cab.jpg

nice1.jpg

nice2.jpg

That fiesta is incredible mate! I bloody love them!

MINI-R32-integrale
My father-in-law worked for Tickford as a development engineer back when they developed the MG Maestro & Montego Turbo's but was never a huge fan.

He did have a 1990 MG Meastro though which he re-shelled in 2000 into a brand new LHD Meastro meant for the Bulgarian market he got cheap. Selling off the A series 1275 carburettor engine that it was fitted with to a Mini owner almost paid for the rest of the car.

It gave him a chance to build what he thought Rover should have done in the first place and fitted the 2L 16V M series engine from the Rover 800. He also played around with Spring rates and dampers at Tickford and ended up using Turbo front springs, Montego estate rear springs shortened and Koni dampers. It made for a very comfortable but nicely judged predictable handling car. It was also much quicker than you expected and stopped well too due to a big brake conversion on the front using standard callipers spaced out and VW Corrado discs iirc

He sold it back in 2006 for £800 and TBH I wished I had kept it, as it was great to drive, and was a lovely clean rust free example that had only done 20,000 in the 6 years after he built it.

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg