ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil usage normal amount

Clio sport 182
So next question, on average what is the maximum mileage that a Clio is good for? (I know this is how long is a piece of string question) but a Clio that’s been used and abused but serviced and has 130,000 on the clock what’s the maximum mileage you would expect.

Secondly what are the compression figures you would expect from a healthy engine?

Clio II Ph2 1.2 16V
Our 1.2 16V has 130k and runs very sweetly although it does burn a small amount of oil

Everything else is falling apart though ?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
My old dCi clio was on 253k, both 172's I have are on 110k and 113k and I've seen plenty of 130k+ Clios that still run better than those on sub 60k miles

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Renault Clio sport 1
As above, comp test it and if that's okay just keep topping up. Mines just starting to use half a litre or so between oil/filter services now which I do every 6k. 192k on original engine though so think it's entitled to drink a little now!lol!
Is that 192k miles

PH2 172
So next question, on average what is the maximum mileage that a Clio is good for? (I know this is how long is a piece of string question) but a Clio that’s been used and abused but serviced and has 130,000 on the clock what’s the maximum mileage you would expect.

Secondly what are the compression figures you would expect from a healthy engine?

Something like this.

Not bad for 130k miles. 18-09-09 CYL 1 compression.jpg18-09-09 CYL 2 compression.jpg18-09-09 CYL 3 compression.jpg18-09-09 CYL 4 compression.jpg

Clio sport 182
Ok next question.

I’m looking at a engine and have notice in my 182 I have no hole on the cam cover but a hole on the inlet manifold. There is a seal there but doesn’t do anything obviously...

If I buy this other engine believe it’s the 172 which has the open top part on the cam cover, the inlet manifold that goes over top of engine will fit.

Will the lower part fit of inlet manifold fit?
Is the look the same?
Will my ecu run it?
The exhaust manifold is different I believe will that still just bolt on and fit?

Clio sport 182
Ok next question.

I’m looking at a engine and have notice in my 182 I have no hole on the cam cover but a hole on the inlet manifold. There is a seal there but doesn’t do anything obviously...

If I buy this other engine believe it’s the 172 which has the open top part on the cam cover, the inlet manifold that goes over top of engine will fit.

Will the lower part fit of inlet manifold fit?
Is the look the same?
Will my ecu run it?
The exhaust manifold is different I believe will that still just bolt on and fit?
Loom ^*

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
The bit you're on about on top of the cam cover is the oil separater/breather. It can be swapped over.

Use your 182 exhaust manifold on the 172 engine, no problem.

Clio sport 182
Ok next question, how does the idle work on these does it have a idle controller? If so location pls, after the last 2 days it will drop in rpm on idle to almost stall and then today at majority of round absolute going from crawling in 1st to then putting your foot on the clutch to wait to get onto the roundabout as the revs drop they dropped to 0 ignition light on and stalled.

Also oil catch tank decent make? Any kits available mine is breathing heavy I made a temporary catch tank out of stuff at work and after a week there is some oil in the temporary tank, and it is not smoking half as much.

Ok next question, how does the idle work on these does it have a idle controller? If so location pls, after the last 2 days it will drop in rpm on idle to almost stall and then today at majority of round absolute going from crawling in 1st to then putting your foot on the clutch to wait to get onto the roundabout as the revs drop they dropped to 0 ignition light on and stalled.
I'm not personally sure if they have an Idle Speed Control Valve or some other arrangement.