ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil leak HELP!

Black 182
I have an oil leak from the rocker cover gasket, how easy/ hard is this to fix? and at what cost? cheers.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Looking at cambelt off to do it properly.

You might get away if the leak is round one of the bolts, removing it and just sealing round the bolt.

Black 182
Just what you don't want to hear, also realised there isn't a gasket it uses sealer. will have a proper look at it tomorrow with removing the inlet manifold ect.

Black 182
its not to bad, it looks like its leaking from somewhere close to the oil filler cap of the engine.

It may be a good idea to wipe it all clean (may need to take top of inlet off to do properly). Go for a short drive and look again and you should see where the oil comes from.

Black 182
I shall take some pics act when i clean it up i plan on doing it either tomorrow or tuesday. Will i need to buy new gaskets ect for the inlet manifold?

Sure it's not the O-Ring around the VVT Trigger?
That sits just behind the oil filler cap and leaked like hell on mine - dripped all down the back onto the manifold