ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil drain plug rounded HELP

clio 1.4 16v 02
Just got all prepared to service the clio and the effin sump plug is rounded, seriously rounded! how the hell do I get it out? mole grips wont work and I dont have vice grips :(

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Drill it out like a boss.

*DISCLAIMER*
I take no responsibility for any 'mishaps' that may occur...

Clio III 1.2 16v 06
Try a kit from trend, about 15 quid one side drills a hole the other is a screw type thing but with reverse thread do when it bites, it will turn your plug too

clio 1.4 16v 02
100mill syringe and a piece of tube down the dip stick hole.. 2 hour later zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

clio 1.4 16v 02
had a go at smacking it round with a hammer and chisel and a hammer and flat head.. just takes chunks out of it, hence why I asked if the bung is steel or alloy :(

SQ5
you know its a square hole ur not thinking its like a normal bolt you use a spanner on are you?

I'm well aware of that, but to have a hole you need a surround, hence the lovely round surround around the square hole that you put your mole grips on