ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
bring on a newer version of BF2142 / COD2 and non of this perk malarky and attachment stuff n camo. plain and simple

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
lmfao... the hit detection/lag(whatever it is thats causing it) is absolutely ridiculous.... you can hit someone with 10+bullets and most of the time none of them even register lol.

Astra Twintop
Leaderboards will encourage hackers, "look at me ive got this many kills"

Personally loving it at the moment. 2m people on line and it wasn't nearly as bad as i thought would be.

Nuketown is a good laugh, ALTHOUGH I KEEP THINKING THE MANNEQUINS ARE ENEMIES!!

Leaderboards will encourage hackers, "look at me ive got this many kills"

Personally loving it at the moment. 2m people on line and it wasn't nearly as bad as i thought would be.

Nuketown is a good laugh, ALTHOUGH I KEEP THINKING THE MANNEQUINS ARE ENEMIES!!

SAME haha love nuketown. Also i haven't had lag atall like being descibed here. One game had lag for a few seconds then sorted itself out.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I've saved a Quite a few clips as I want to do a tomahawk montage but there all in different segments how do I join them to make 1 clip?

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Lol at "slow mele" Just because it's not hyper speed like MW2, you should try BC.

Lol at "just because it's not hyper speed like MW2"..... Just because others have said it's not like MW2 doesn't mean that I wasnt keen on it because of that and you don't have to say it just because others have.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I'm loving it now. Still not impressed with the maps but it plays so well. No lag and full bars all night. Wager matches are such a laugh. Chopper gunner is cack and I still hate the k/d on live scoreboard but overall I'll happily play this for a year.

Giulietta 940
So I played this for the first time last night on PC...

After the multiple "fatal errors" thrown up, and several crashes I finally got it up and running. I played for an hour or so, and I was genuinely disappointed, something I'd never felt when first playing a CoD game.

The single player continually locks up, whilst the sound is choppy and crackly. In zombie co-op mode the game locked up for no apparent reason... think I tried to play about five times, and I only finished (i.e. died) once. Multiplayer (when it finally connects) is very laggy, the server browser is poor.

As for the graphics, it feels like they've taken a step back from CoD:WaW. It all seems so blocky, in fact it reminds me of the old Delta Force games.

Oh, and why do I have to watch a mini CoD:BO movie everytime I want to go back to the main menu?

I am going to play some more tonight at some point... I'm hoping it will grow on me. And that Treyarch will release a patch, fast.

Ph1 172
the PC game is massively floored for some reason i have read a patch is on its way. I went out a brought a PS3 and Black Ops as after reading some of the PC problems didn't think my system would be up to running it. Black Ops is a very CPU hungry game. Even if you meet the minimum system requirements it still won't run smooth. Once again PC gamers have been f**ked over was the same when WAW came out.

Not a 320d
Well I downloaded single player and what can i say, the FOV is appauiling, apparantly it can be changed in multiplayer, but the game itself it just s**t. Really not happy about wasting £40. Graphics is what i expected, but the gameplay is pretty poor IMO. I hope multi is better.

ive been told by friends that you run about and people with SMG's spray you and you die. All other weapons are supposedly s**t.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
bring on a newer version of BF2142 / COD2 and non of this perk malarky and attachment stuff n camo. plain and simple

You might want to play "Pure" gamemode then. Exactly what you've just asked for above

To be fair I still play cod2 on the 360 but I guess you can't do that on the ps3

Giulietta 940
the PC game is massively floored for some reason i have read a patch is on its way. I went out a brought a PS3 and Black Ops as after reading some of the PC problems didn't think my system would be up to running it. Black Ops is a very CPU hungry game. Even if you meet the minimum system requirements it still won't run smooth. Once again PC gamers have been f**ked over was the same when WAW came out.

I have an i7 920 overlocked to 3.4ghz :(

For anyone who preordered from tesco has your card been debited? i used amex and nothing of card yet, i spoke with tesco yesterday lunchtime and they confirmed my copy was dispatched on sunday from warehouse in bolton, i have a copy now from girl i know who works in tesco but curious given its wednesday why my card has not been debited yet if it has been sent out!

My opinion on game is changing, zombies is epic, played with dredz, kev and geordie on training mode last night doing some spawn rape on the nuclear town site, kev was on top form!

Bumder With A Buffer
Aly I dont think I have been charged yet either.

I like the combat training...had a quick go on that to see what some of the maps were like

Bumder With A Buffer
If mine aint here from Tesco Entertainment today then il be going to my local Tesco and purchasing it there...then il take back the one I get from Tesco Ent for a refund.

If mine aint here from Tesco Entertainment today then il be going to my local Tesco and purchasing it there...then il take back the one I get from Tesco Ent for a refund.

if your getting it from tesco take the £25 game when you buy a £20 psn card deal, sell card on ebay or keep for future map packs etc, i got it yesterday for £40.50 thanks to friends discount, sold psn card to gf for £20 so game cost £20.50 which isnt bad!

Bumder With A Buffer
They NEVER have any PSN points in my local store..and when they do they only have about 5.

I imagine on release night they had they same and made people pay full whack.

LY 182
I reckon a fair few opinions will change in time, myself included.

Me personally I'd got used to MW2 with a decent set up and knew the maps really well. Like anything you get in a comfort zone and BO is taking you out of that. A good couple weeks to build up levels and master the maps should be great!

@Geddes: Cool video. I've had a few care packages now and keep getting ammo or spy lane lol fail!

Amazon still not delivered, so went to Tesco this morning and got myself a copy and 2100 points. Plenty of copies left too!

Liking it so far, not doing to well yet though lol!

Bumder With A Buffer
I had some kind of big f**k off gun in a care package yesterday...Like a rocket launcher of some description?? I noticed on the map that all the enemies were showning too (not like little dots..as in arrows like your team does)

Giulietta 940
I reckon a fair few opinions will change in time, myself included.

Me personally I'd got used to MW2 with a decent set up and knew the maps really well. Like anything you get in a comfort zone and BO is taking you out of that. A good couple weeks to build up levels and master the maps should be great!

I see where you're coming from, but BO seems like a massive step back in terms of graphics/gameplay. Granted when WaW came out after MW, I wasn't totally impressed either (WaW did grow on me) but the SP was entertaining, and in terms of bugs there was nothing too major.

It just feels like Treyarch said to themselves... "Cba, let's just mess around with WaW and give them that. Oh, and add in a crossbow too. Yeah."

I miss Infinity Ward :dapprove:

Giulietta 940
Indeed Pants. I plan to have a long gaming session this week. I hope it wins me over.

Edit: having said that I think most of my displeasure is down to the game freezing and crashing all the time.

Last edited:
  Bumder With A Buffer
Who's struggling with the refresh rate/jitteryness (is that even a word?!) on the PS3 and or certain TV's?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm loving it TBH. Lv16 from last night's play.

Some of the things that pissed me off about MW2 have gone back to how they were in WaW. Like the fact you can't throw grenades a mile, like in MW2.

One assumes that yours haven't turned up so far today (Although I also guess your at work so you wouldn't know until your home!)

yeah im at work so wont know till tonight it was shocking customer service "we didnt promise to deliver it for release day so there "