ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Official Bedford to CSS Convoy and chat thread!!!

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Fourwentways - We would have to drive straight past Duxford for 5-10 minutes to get there and then turn around.

I'm readyyyy. Note its clean before the journey starts :p

2013-06-21 19.40.21.jpg

2013-06-21 20.39.14.jpg

Last edited:
  Ph1 172 (titanium)
Looks proper mint! Nice work.
I didn't bother wasting all the products for it to get shitted up in the morning!
I guess we will leave fourwentways out then!

Well I can't quite believe it but I have just got home from Staines with my newly fitted engine and rs2 manifold.
James and Mike have worked wonders to get everything done since wed evening
So I will be meeting you with my RB 182 at go outdoors, only problem is the car is only running a base map atm until next weekend when it goes to have the mapping finished so I won't be able to drive quickly.

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Ahhh top work, you must be over the moon! We shall see you at go outdoors, and everyone else too!
Looking forward to tomorrow for sure

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Will have a chat with the boys in the morning,
I will let you know whether to wait for us or not, in the morning.
I guess it would be kind of queer to turn up bang on time!

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Convoy was good fun, even from the front...

Enjoyed taking up both lanes of the m11 with the west midlands lot too!

Cracking day and won the simulator so cant complain!

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Yea I enjoyed the convoy, looking forward to seeing the rolling vids from the go pro. Was a special moment when the clios filled the M11, loved it haha.
Was good to meet everyone, I'll have to try and make it to some meets.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Looking forward to seeing the go pro footage.

Had to barge my way in to the other convoy, didn't realise the duxford junction was so soon. Ooops

Well done for winning Amos.

I would just like to point out I also held the fastest time at one point in the day. Unfortunatly I was 20 seconds slower than you lol

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Oh yea and just to rub it in... I WON THE RAFFLE!! Or one prize at least - £200 worth of Auto Finesse products. :)

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Cheers, I was well chuffed. I have never hand washed my 182 though... so this might encourage me to at least give it a go haha.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Haha tell me about it - like I say, I'll give it a go at least. May end up selling much of it on though.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Did enjoy the drive home. Even though I spent most of it watching Scott disappearing up the road

Clio 182
Once gopro video is uploaded can you post a link to it in here please so I don't miss it :)

Yea, I'm looking forward to seeing that. Your car sounded awesome despite being unable to give it some welly, really wish I had a Yozza. I had to buy my exhaust under emergency circumstances so didn't have the option of waiting till one came up for sale :(

Yeah I'm intrested to hear what it sounds like too, I've only ever heard it once when Fred fitted it and took it for a run round the estate quickly and that was two years ago now.

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Yeah I'm intrested to hear what it sounds like too, I've only ever heard it once when Fred fitted it and took it for a run round the estate quickly and that was two years ago now.

Same as that, never heard it from the outside. Only on fly by vids. But doesn't sound anywhere near as good on a phone video I imagine.

Clio RS 200 GW FF
I'll be passing the raw video to the Amos91 tomorrow. I've been bogged down with Uni work yesterday and today plus his upload speed makes mine look like dial up. Have had a look at it and wind noise seems to be high but still good drive-bys. Don't worry Scott, you can hear your exhaust no problem :p

Ph1 172 (titanium)
I'll be passing the raw video to the Amos91 tomorrow. I've been bogged down with Uni work yesterday and today plus his upload speed makes mine look like dial up. Have had a look at it and wind noise seems to be high but still good drive-bys. Don't worry Scott, you can hear your exhaust no problem :p

Haha. That's what I like to hear.
Was good that the other convoy joined us.
Should make for some good fly-bys!

172 phase 1
Lookin forward to seein vid. Tho the convoy got split up a bit, was pushing it in that rain tryin to catch back up!
i never really talked to anyone when I got to duxford, the museum was calling, and as nice as clios are, there's some awesome machines at duxford...
​I'll try and come to the next meet to say hello properly

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Yeah the rain was a bit much when trying to catch up, got to the point where i had to scrap catching up as every other car started to disappear lol

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
It's a pretty underwhelming video to watch in silence at work haha. Will be giving it another watch when I'm at home to hear some roaring exhausts and wind!

172 phase 1
Not much of exhaust soundtracks as i was hoping for! - only scottys. I ragged it past on the 421, was hoping to hear how chav mine sounds from the outside! cant even tell cos its all sped up..
Never mind, still a nice little vid - didnt realize how many from the west mids there were.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Not much of exhaust soundtracks as i was hoping for! - only scottys. I ragged it past on the 421, was hoping to hear how chav mine sounds from the outside! cant even tell cos its all sped up..
Never mind, still a nice little vid - didnt realize how many from the west mids there were.

It has to be extra chav cloud to hear it over the wind. Scott's car being the perfect example.

I might do a second upload, just gopro audio so people can disect the sound themselves.