ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odyssey ph1 172 pure track car. No tax discs here........

ph1 172
Not really, Going to get her mapped on the Omex for the current set up (cammed f7r 180ish) then either bodies, F4RT or VAG 1.8t lols

1.8t sounds a superb shout! Highly reliable power right there.

I will run ITB's for now then build up my other engine that I have as supercharged

ph1 172
A pathetic update...

Last week my dampers arrived from being rebuilt! Wow only 3 months turn around.. So I built them up and took a photo as I couldn't even remember what they looked like its been so long;)

http://
7874621578_6c74191a94.jpg
Untitled by Rhys Beal, on Flickr

Also have bought Dan's old engine......which happens to have a set of GT cams in it so will hopefully break the 200bhp mark once in my shell is ready in 2017...

Attachments

• 7874621578_6c74191a94.jpg
    7874621578_6c74191a94.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 16
  ph1 172
Glad you got the AST's back :)

Im looking forward to the all night rebuild of your car!

So am I Dan....hope to get it back sometime next month :)
Sell me your 2118's, please.

Also glad the AST's are sorted, looking minty fresh :)

Is that the second time that you asked to buy those wheels;)

Let's hope they stay fresh this time!

Oh and I will sort out the fuel lines and collector as soon as I can mate.....tomorrow I hope

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
A pathetic update...

Last week my dampers arrived from being rebuilt! Wow only 3 months turn around.. So I built them up and took a photo as I couldn't even remember what they looked like its been so long;)

Why so long , thats ridiculous !!

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I dont blame you, I am surprised they still sell them over here with that level of customer support.

Trafic 140dci
So am I Dan....hope to get it back sometime next month :)

Is that the second time that you asked to buy those wheels;)

Let's hope they stay fresh this time!

Oh and I will sort out the fuel lines and collector as soon as I can mate.....tomorrow I hope
As long as i have them for next weekend ill be happy :)

ph1 172
Bing! iPhone email Rhys Beal has updated his progress thread... I love seeing that!!
Loving the AST's... Shiney :cool: Can't wait to see the full rebuild pics.

Ah cheers mate:)

I can't wait either! Once I have the shell back it will all come together quite quickly

ph1 172
The guy doing your cage has had it a fair while now, is that what you still waiting on or other things you've had done to it??

He has indeed. I am infact working for him too atm because he is very busy and promises me that it will be done soon!
Once I have it back I will get it as complete as I can then it will go back to him and have a rad and tank made

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I can't believe you had an issue with your new AST's from the factory, fairly embarrassing for them considering how much they cost!!

ph1 172
9 laps around the ring and an internal stanchion bush gave up so the stanchion had a fair bit of lateral movement. Fixed FOC

9 laps around the ring and an internal stanchion bush gave up so the stanchion had a fair bit of lateral movement. Fixed FOC

Ill send you the videos from the lap i sat in on at soon, you were throwing it about fairly. I know this is no excuse ha.

The videos are afwul as im holding the go pro and making stupid comments as ever!

ph1 172
Ill send you the videos from the lap i sat in on at soon, you were throwing it about fairly. I know this is no excuse ha.

The videos are afwul as im holding the go pro and making stupid comments as ever!

Ah mate I never saw those vids! Send them when you get a min:)

ph1 172
First off apologises for a thread that was going so well to begin with!

Should see some decent updates in the next couple of weeks. I know I keep saying end of this month etc.. but this month should see the car back home although I won't be around for too much of it as I'm away in Tunisia and then Mallorca.

I have bought a Sparco steering wheel and boss that came straight from a genuine Clio Cup racer :)

Less holidays more progress!!

If you don't get this back and running by Xmas I will be disappointed. After that i will drag it to my newly acquired garage and finish it, and i know you like things done properly/perfect so you best get going on it ;)

Trafic 140dci
Less holidays more progress!!

If you don't get this back and running by Xmas I will be disappointed. After that i will drag it to my newly acquired garage and finish it, and i know you like things done properly/perfect so you best get going on it ;)
Feel free to help me rebuild my 182 :p seriously lacking motivation and patience for my car :/

ph1 172
It WILL be done before Christmas. There I have said it....think of a forfeit?

More progress will happen (I have been told) when I am abroad next week so look forward to seeing it when I get back!

ph1 172
Glad that I have been of some inspiration to you!

Once the shell is back I will do my best to work like a trojan to hopefully have it complete by March sometime...Dan and Scott, you will have to work hard too :p

Christmas deadline not possible I take it then? I wish I could follow your project to the t but I have to be more economical and balance the increase in performance with cost and added fun factor! Mine will be the pikey version of a track car!

ph1 172
Christmas deadline is way out of the question I'm afraid :( There is still alot of fabrication work to do, painting and wiring