ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

o2 network down again?

dk

911 GTS Cab
I was in for 24 hours straight through when we lost our data service a few weeks ago, it's not nice tbh. Sleep depravation ftl.
Yes I did get paid but the last thing you want especially at this time of year is pulling an all nighter when you want to chill and spend time with your family etc.

You of all people being a techy should know it doesn't matter how many backup servers, spare HDDs etc you have, something will always bite you in the ass. You can't plan for everything.

And yes I realise they are not fighting rebels and losing their lives but still think its a ballache we could all do without this time of year.
not true, you can have full resiliancy if you plan it right and pay the money, its what i do for customers every day in the server/storage world.

All depends if they want to cut corners, the customers i deal with aren't as big as o2 normally but they wouldn't be satisfied with 24+ hours of downtime for their customers, just wouldn't be acceptable, you want 99.999% uptime though, you need to pay for it.

And yes, I do have to go out sometimes and deal with s**t that happens, but i get paid for it, if i didn't like that aspect of the job, personally i would change job, as that's what i do, if i don't like it i change.

I was supposed to be at a job 9am sunday morning, had to be up at 7, couldn't get out because of the snow, still up early though, but it's my job, i choose to do it so i don't complain when its not a put my feet up and surf for 8 hours during the day jobbie.

I personally don't care whos working on it, it's their job, they have a job and are getting paid, i don't see the issue? But i'd like my service to be up all the time if i pay good money for it personally.

I do spare a thought for the emergency services who have to work xmas day though to keep us safe, thats not a nice job.

RIP Dan
I agree about the emergency services, nurses, doctors, etc etc.

This thread wasn't about them.

As for the resilience, s**t hits the fan and thats about it.

I will never be able to give you another pov DK.

You know it all and are never wrong.

Merry Xmas.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i just don't see why i should be thinking about the workers actually having to work when my service goes down?

I'm mad my service has been down for 2 days, i bloody hope the people are working on it really.

oh and i was wrong about the xmas number one, big loss that one!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I had problems with data connections this morning on my iPhone; connected to the 3G service but getting nothing through other than a "no internet connection" message :dead:

Glad i've seen this. Thought my phone might've been fucked :dead:

Cheers fella! ;)