ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O2 contract "Upgrades"

Bumder With A Buffer
Is it the norm for companies like o2 etc to offer you crappier deals for an upgrade then for a new customer?? Considering O2's stupid horse/man adverts their online "upgrade" procedures through the "your account" settings do not give you very good deals for upgrades.

For example HTC Desire S on an "upgrade"

On a 24 month contract switching to O2 unlimited you have to take the £63ppm contract to get the phone free.

Go through their shop as a new customer and you can get the Same phone £27ppm 300 mins/Unltd texts for £27

How do they figure these out? Do they think people wont check??

Clio 172mk2
well o2 have always done this, and it used to piss me off, but last year it was same price for existing and new customers for my phone.

But in past just phone them up and state what price they have it sure they`l match it, i have had them say its to attract new customers, just give em s**t and they`l soon back down

AK

M240i
For every one person who shops around there's 5 dumb c***s who can't be arsed and just upgrade/renew without looking.

Bumder With A Buffer
I fully intend to ring up and get the best deal...I suppose its as AK says above. The thing is its not shopping around if its on the same site IMO

Clio 172mk2
do o2 even stock the nexus 2?

and there always behind on the new fones its starting to annoy me so might switch networks

Bumder With A Buffer
Do they f**k! I don't understand though how you can't get say X phone on the O2 website, but go on someone like CPW or Phones 4U and you have an option to get phone X on O2 :S

Anyone in the business care to explain??

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yep. I had the same issue. Was after a HTC HD7. To new customers it was free on an 18 month contract , for me to upgrade it was £60 wtf?. Rang them up and got it free. c**ts. Must have been with o2 for over ten years or so .

Do they f**k! I don't understand though how you can't get say X phone on the O2 website, but go on someone like CPW or Phones 4U and you have an option to get phone X on O2 :S

Anyone in the business care to explain??

The shops will just get you a generic unlocked one and then give you a contract.

Bumder With A Buffer
Rang up today to ask about the HTC Incredible S. Got told I could go into Carphone Warehouse and get said phone as an upgrade as CPW are part of 02. Seems a bit backwards but hey ho!!

Couldn't upgrade on 02 without having a £44 pm contract. Jog On.

Ported myself over to Orange 300 mins unltd texts and data for £30.

That'll do pig, that'll do.

Mk3 clio 1.5
working for o2 for a while now, in the past customers on existing contracts were on the older tariffs which may have been better value. moving to a upgrade there will now be new tariffs put into place meaning the prices have gone up.

they have now introduced the q1 tariffs which are honestly a massive f*cking rip off. when i was brief'd about it and told the start date. i took out a new contract as well as my existing so i would stay on the old plans and not pay a stupid amount.

upgrading customers can now go onto a 12month plan instead of 18/24