ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring trip

ph1 172
I'll come with you Rhys! Slow that car down;)
How much money we roughly talking tho?

haha, you are welcome to come Scott:)

Well if we go ahead with the whole Euro trip then I will budget for around £700, that will include fuel, hotels, food, laps etc. If its just the ring then maybe around £400 all in. But obviously it wouldn't be no where near that for you. Just some petrol money and accommodation etc.

Discounted 1*2 parts
Are most people taking a passenger? Just thinking about asking if we can get discount for mass booking of rooms at that place :p

My other half is coming and I have a mate who is coming on his own in his BMW.

I will be on my todd

Car is quicker that way:p

Haha, anything will be quicker than our DCI, but should get there and back off 1 tank :D

I'll come with you Rhys! Slow that car down;)
How much money we roughly talking tho?

http://nurburgring.org.uk/prices.php

This website recons budget £500 per car

LY Megane R26
So tempted by this! But as most of you have said...Money! Pus im going to Floirda on the 4th of June which is a week later:/
Could be a late birthday prestent tho! haha

Discounted 1*2 parts
So tempted by this! But as most of you have said...Money! Pus im going to Floirda on the 4th of June which is a week later:/
Could be a late birthday prestent tho! haha

Get someone to come with you and split the costs 50/50 :D

LY Megane R26
I was thinking that mate, or go with Rhys but then I know when I'm there I wish I would have drove!
Whats the dates where thinking of goning? So I can ask about:)

I can 100% afford the ring. One of the main things is im on holiday for 2 weeks in april. Another week in may would mean 75% of my holiday gone pretty early on lol.

ph1 172
P.s. Rhys, I don't think we are going to do the road trip after, just going for the Nurburgring weekend :)

That's fine tbh. I am happy with just the ring. I am easily pleased:)

I was thinking that mate, or go with Rhys but then I know when I'm there I wish I would have drove!
Whats the dates where thinking of goning? So I can ask about:)

The last weekend in May. So I would think leave on the Friday? 25th and have Saturday there, then drive back on the Sunday at a guess.

LY Megane R26
Ok sweet! How many laps would people do in the day? Don't have a clue tbh.
1 lap €26 - £21.58
4 laps €89 - £73.86
25 laps €490 - £406.65

I think but not 100% sure, you can buy 25laps and then split them, say between 5 people so you get them cheaper. But as I said not 100% sure.
5 laps x £21.58 = £107.90
25 laps / 5 people = £81.33 Saving of roughly £27

As said above tho, not sure if 5 laps is way to little or to much etc:/

ph1 172
This will show how out of touch I am probably...........

Looking at that I would probably go for 2 lots of 4 laps. I wouldn't want to drive 450miles and not get a decent amount of track time.

ph1 172
What is the plan Tom in terms of how many days we spend there do you know?

Leave on the Friday drive back on the Monday?

Discounted 1*2 parts
What is the plan Tom in terms of how many days we spend there do you know?

Leave on the Friday drive back on the Monday?

I reckon so. Maybe get down to Folkstone Thurs night and stay in a travelodge (book it in advance will only cost £19) then get an early crossing on Friday, drive to the ring, stay there sat and sun and drive back monday??

ph1 172
I reckon so. Maybe get down to Folkstone Thurs night and stay in a travelodge (book it in advance will only cost £19) then get an early crossing on Friday, drive to the ring, stay there sat and sun and drive back monday??

Sounds like a plan. I will just go with whatever else is happening tbh.

Also, has anyone volunteered to do all the bookings for the crossings and hotels/b+b's yet?

Discounted 1*2 parts
Do we think 4 laps per day (sat/sun) will be enough?

Bear in mind a lap is probably going to take 10-15 minutes ??

Discounted 1*2 parts
Also, has anyone volunteered to do all the bookings for the crossings and hotels/b+b's yet?

I don't mind booking them as long as everyone is willing to pay me up front to start with, not going to be out of pocket if someone cancels at the last minute.

Or we agree where we will stay and when we will cross etc and everyone books there own...

ph1 172
I don't mind booking them as long as everyone is willing to pay me up front to start with, not going to be out of pocket if someone cancels at the last minute.

Or we agree where we will stay and when we will cross etc and everyone books there own...

I think maybe get everyone to agree first then we can pay upfront, and go from there maybe?

Discounted 1*2 parts
1. Wests Renault
2. Rhys Beal
3. LewisTaylor
4. Dmallet
5. Chri5
6. domsclio182

7. Sah

So is this a confirmed list for Friday 25th May - Monday 28th May?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Do we think 4 laps per day (sat/sun) will be enough?

Bear in mind a lap is probably going to take 10-15 minutes ??

My opinion, if you've never done it before, you'll be happy as larry with 4 over the whole weekend. I did 2 last year as a driver and a few as a passenger, and about 8 as a passenger only the year before, an I didn't feel at all short changed. I did go out for a couple of 9.02 BTG laps though, one in a 4 door skyline with a welded diff. Badass

I'm going 9th to 15th May this years so i'll tease you with pictures when I get back ;)

Discounted 1*2 parts
Thanks for the info Dan :)

Chances are this will be a once in a lifetime oportunity for me so want to make sure I get the most out of the track!

Discounted 1*2 parts
Ferry crossing looks like it will cost £58.00 with dfds seaways or £65.00 with p&o

Channel tunnel crossing looks like it will cost £94.00

ph1 172
Cheaper slower for me, by that point it will be approx 4 hours in a stripped out car/no heater/no radio and very hard seats, the break will be nice :D

Fast as possible then, as my car is comfy;)

I am easy, cheapest is probably best for most of us though:approve:

ph1 172
Yours Dan is pretty dam quiet and your recaro's are comfy:)

I am going to look at getting some profi spg's at the end of the year, thanks to you;)

ph1 172
What about hotel/sleeping? Prices on that?
Suppose it's cheaper to share, who's with me? Haha!

I will snuggle up with you;)

I read on nurburgring.org.uk or something that b+b's are £25 a night but hotel's are obviously more. I shall have a look.....

Here is a link to a few hotels that are close to the circuit. Scroll down and all the prices for each one is on the right hand side.
http://nurburgring.org.uk/where_to_stay.php

So a double room split between 2 people is not bad IMO. Only thing is, do the double rooms have double beds or 2 singles?!

Last edited: